The Student Room Group

I agreed to be his girlfriend, only because I was on the rebound

I was missing one of my friends whom I liked (and still do), we werent a couple but long story short, alot drama went down between us and we stopped talking..ill probably make a thread about that soon. Anyways, this other guy had been asking me out for the longest time, finally a couple days ago he asked me again if I liked him I said yes ( I dont) and a couple days later he asked me out again and I said yes, he asked if we were offical and I said yes, only because I needed to get this other guy off my head.

I wasnt thinking straight, I was hurting and **** it just give him a try since he's been trying so hard, and makes alot of effort. Big mistake, I dont have feelings for this guy at all, I dont like him touching me, and calling me baby, its awkward. I've been ignoring him for the past couple days, he has been texting me like crazy. He gets the point, yet he's still texting me, I want him to go away. I know I should tell him the truth, either way im going to look like a bitch or I could make it easier for me and continue to ignore him....but at the same time I dont want karma to bite me in the ass and at least be honest with him..ya?

Scroll to see replies

I am discusted with myself.
Original post by xobeauty
but at the same time I dont want karma to bite me in the ass...ya?

LOL i think I speak for 90% of TSR when I say, we all hope Karma bites girls like you in the ass! :wink:
Dont act like you guys never pulled a rebound.
Original post by freakingout!
LOL i think I speak for 90% of TSR when I say, we all hope Karma bites girls like you in the ass! :wink:

This.
:lolwut:Totally discusting

discusting

discusting
I was missing one of my friends whom I liked (and still do), we werent a couple but long story short, alot drama went down between us and we stopped talking..ill probably make a thread about that soon. Anyways, this other guy had been asking me out for the longest time, finally a couple days ago he asked me again if I liked him I said yes ( I dont) and a couple days later he asked me out again and I said yes, he asked if we were offical and I said yes, only because I needed to get this other guy off my head.

I wasnt thinking straight, I was hurting and **** it just give him a try since he's been trying so hard, and makes alot of effort. Big mistake, I dont have feelings for this guy at all, I dont like him touching me, and calling me baby, its awkward. I've been ignoring him for the past couple days, he has been texting me like crazy. He gets the point, yet he's still texting me, I want him to go away. I know I should tell him the truth, either way im going to look like a bitch or I could make it easier for me and continue to ignore him....but at the same time I dont want karma to bite me in the ass and at least be honest with him..ya?

I know people say honesty is the best policy but don't hurt this guy more than is necessary.

Dont say oh yeh BTW I dont give a **** about you...you are a total rebound persuit kthnxbai

Just say you dont feel like its working out...but DONT lead him on any further, you know its not fair otherwise you wouldn't post a thread about it.

Good luck!
Reply 7
You just need to tell him that you don't think its a good idea you keep seeing each other, you're sorry but your feelings have changed, and you hope that he understands. You need to tell him this yesterday.
This is so hard, I want to tell him because I dont want to lead him on anymore. I could text him right now and be done with this, but im scared of what he will say. I wish texts had a block option.
don't break up with him over text
man up!
do it face to face
and be prepared he'll be upset
but this is the least you can do
and when it's done - move on

don't get stuck in this relationship if your heart's not in it
This is so hard, I want to tell him because I dont want to lead him on anymore. I could text him right now and be done with this, but im scared of what he will say. I wish texts had a block option.

Tell him you don't think it's working out with him. Don't mention anything being a rebound BF, he doesn't need to know. Just make it clear you're not interested in him without any "it's not you" crap, since he'll just convince himself he still has a chance if you say that.
wow you must have great boobs seeing as your a user and a coward for this poor bugger to date you. You date him as a rebound (this i can understand) when you dont actually like him at all, then you wont tell him instead keeping the face going

OP you should be thinking about how to make this process as nice for him as possible. Not being selfish and thinking about yourself and how it would be easier for you. That is really nasty.

If you are a real woman you will not finish with him by text like a coward and you will be woman enough to be decent and not ignore him. You made the mistake of telling him that you like him. It's your job to be as humane as ever finishing the relationship as you're going to be the one finishing it.
Reply 13
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
This.

LMFAO Wrong quote

this is the one I meant to quote :wink:

"LOL i think I speak for 90% of TSR when I say, we all hope Karma bites girls like you in the ass!"

seconded...but not because it's a rebound, but because you knew you didn't like him!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Eveiebaby
OP you should be thinking about how to make this process as nice for him as possible. Not being selfish and thinking about yourself and how it would be easier for you. That is really nasty.

If you are a real woman you will not finish with him by text like a coward and you will be woman enough to be decent and not ignore him. You made the mistake of telling him that you like him. It's your job to be as humane as ever finishing the relationship as you're going to be the one finishing it.

What difference does it make if I do it in person or text? I just want to let him know what's up, and done. Im afraid if I do it face to face I will back out and not go through with it.
What difference does it make if I do it in person or text? I just want to let him know what's up, and done. Im afraid if I do it face to face I will back out and not go through with it.

Dumping someone by text is indirect and cold and shows that you dont have the respect or decency to talk about it and treat them like a human being with feelings. It's really immature, cowardly and mean to dump someone who cares about you by text. It's just one of those things people generally know is a d.i.c.k. head thing to do.

It's up to you to to the right thing by him and not think about yourself as you got yourself into this position.

A real person will actually grow a pair and do what's right. You will gain so much more respect if you finish things the right way rather than acting like a mean yellow belly bitch (not that you are now, but you will be if you are this inconsiderate and dump by text). Think about it if you were going out with someone who you liked and then they just ignored you or dumped you by text. It's just not on and the other person's voice needs to be heard; if only for a short time.
(edited 13 years ago)
Im afraid if I do it face to face I will back out and not have the heart to say what I need to say. I just need to let him know and done, dont really care how, just as long as he knows whats up.

*one
*sametime

Do us all a favour and learn to spell and use grammer before you plague these forums with your foul use of the language.
Reply 18
Im afraid if I do it face to face I will back out and not have the heart to say what I need to say. I just need to let him know and done, dont really care how, just as long as he knows whats up.

Firstly you need to tell him and soon and face to face would be nicer. Obviously try and say it in a nice way. Just say you are confused and think you seem him more as a friend or something like that but if you don't go through with it you won't be doing you or him any favours. And ignoring him won't solve it!
I should not have come into this thread. :frown:

It's discusting and depressing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending