The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Nice nice :smile: you should be fine - raised their grade requirements? What law course did you apply for?

i applied for Law and Criminology...and they want AAA:rolleyes:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 681
Original post by ceejaycoco
hey guys i applied to kent for law and on the ucas site it said they only need AAB but they gave me a conditional offer and on the letter it said they need me to get AAA for September.. you can see why am a bit baffled because i wanted to keep kent as my insurance because i was going to firm Leicester Uni for the same course but now i dont know wat to do since Kent raised their course grade requirements....Do you think its worth giving kent a call and asking them why they did it and ask if the could stick to what they had originally put on the ucas website:confused:

They can do that I'm afraid. The grades quoted on the internet are just a guide and they can alter them depending on your application/competition.

You could try ringing but I doubt they will do anything, especially as it's not even your firm. Just pick a different insurance and work hard for your AAA :smile:
Reply 682
Original post by Trouble Chime
Just got a unconditional offer through from Kent for "Politics and International Relations".

Hi! So have I - with the year in Japan as well - Are you choosing Kent as your firm?

And also, hello to all the others on here! Looking forward to coming - firmed Kent today (Due to being on a Gap Year, it was an unconditional.)
- Anybody else doing Politics and IR with a year in Japan?

Currently looking at accommodation. Hmmm...it's a tricky decision! I'll probably take Parkwood..
Reply 683
recieved an unconditional for international business yesterday:biggrin:, any1 visit kent yet? if so hows the atmosphere??
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 684
Original post by J420
recieved an unconditional for international business yesterday:biggrin:, any1 visit kent yet? if so hows the atmosphere??

Congrats! :biggrin:

I visited on the Open Day a while ago - really liked the atmosphere there, and there's an amazing view from the top of the hill (though maybe it's just lame people like me who take account of these things) The accom. was really nice too - even the smaller rooms were quite spacious (imo) which makes a change to some cupboard-rooms you see in other unis :biggrin:

Must remember to pack plenty of warm clothes though. :rolleyes: Darn Kent.
-jk- :tongue:

__

On another note; is anyone applying for a scholarship in their subject? :smile:
Original post by cinnamon442
Normally you share with five other people and I believe that the cleaners clean them, every week or so. I'm not entirely sure on this point though, I had an en suite and it got cleaned by the cleaners every week and the shower heads replaced every couple of months or so.

Thank you! Do you think that the en-suite is worth the money? Because from the pics i've seen the bathroom is tiny and ths shower doesn't even have a proper base.... :s-smilie:

Original post by Loz17
Where you applying for?

Colleges: You have 2 showers and a toilet between 7 or 8, and basins in your room.
Parkwood houses: 5 to a bathroom.
Darwin houses: not 100% sure but likely to be 2 bathrooms.

All are cleaned at least once or twice a week in shared areas. Students can clean them as and when they want too but there are cleaners :smile:

Thank you!

I'm not sure where i'm applying too, feeling way too indecisive about it all at the moment...
Original post by Kayeffsee

Yepp, i'm applying for the psychology scholarship! I've been trying to write the essay and i'm nearly done, which is pretty good as the deadline is tomorrow...

Are you?
Reply 687
recieved an unconditional for international business yesterday, any1 visit kent yet? if so hows the atmosphere??

Congratulations! :biggrin:

I visited on the Open Day in February and I really liked it. The town is really pretty, the campus is nice, the accommodation is really nice but expensive compared to my other choices and the bathrooms are tiny! Only downside for me really!

I visited on the Open Day a while ago - really liked the atmosphere there, and there's an amazing view from the top of the hill (though maybe it's just lame people like me who take account of these things) The accom. was really nice too - even the smaller rooms were quite spacious (imo) which makes a change to some cupboard-rooms you see in other unis

Must remember to pack plenty of warm clothes though. Darn Kent.
-jk-

__

On another note; is anyone applying for a scholarship in their subject?

I agree with the warm clothes! Was raining cats and dogs when I visited and 6 hours on a train in damp clothes is no fun! :p:

I want to apply for the English scholarship but seeming as the deadline is tomorrow there's not really any point. Do you know what time they have to be in by?
Congrats! :biggrin:

I visited on the Open Day a while ago - really liked the atmosphere there, and there's an amazing view from the top of the hill (though maybe it's just lame people like me who take account of these things) The accom. was really nice too - even the smaller rooms were quite spacious (imo) which makes a change to some cupboard-rooms you see in other unis :biggrin:

Must remember to pack plenty of warm clothes though. :rolleyes: Darn Kent.
-jk- :tongue:

It's even better at night when the Cathedral is floodlit :biggrin:

Also yes, it gets bloody cold. I'm from the landlocked west country so it is definitely noticeably colder. We get all the wind from siberia D|
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 689
Woah. Quick replyers are quick :biggrin:

Original post by asha_patel
Yepp, i'm applying for the psychology scholarship! I've been trying to write the essay and i'm nearly done, which is pretty good as the deadline is tomorrow...

Are you?

Aha how's it going? :h: What d'you have to write for a Psych one?
And I'm planning to - have written some notes for the English one but am unsure on whether I'll get it done by tomorrow xD Fingers crossed, eh?

Original post by yesioo
I agree with the warm clothes! Was raining cats and dogs when I visited and 6 hours on a train in damp clothes is no fun! :p:

I want to apply for the English scholarship but seeming as the deadline is tomorrow there's not really any point. Do you know what time they have to be in by?

Ooooh ouch, I can imagine. :tongue: Well, at least we're all going to look dashing in our woolly layers this year xD And likewise - they didn't really give much notice, but then I suppose they wanted to see how we'd write under pressure or something :s-smilie: My friend applied last year and she said the website should be open until midnight of the day it's due in. So fingers crossed for that :biggrin:

Original post by paeperpeeple
It's even better at night when the Cathedral is floodlit :biggrin:

Also yes, it gets bloody cold. I'm from the landlocked west country so it is definitely noticeably colder. We get all the wind from siberia D|

Awwwwwh I wish I'd seen that! D: Though HELLYEAH to someone else appreciating the view :tongue: -high five to that- Cool points for you, good sir. :biggrin:
Reply 690
Ooooh ouch, I can imagine. Well, at least we're all going to look dashing in our woolly layers this year xD And likewise - they didn't really give much notice, but then I suppose they wanted to see how we'd write under pressure or something My friend applied last year and she said the website should be open until midnight of the day it's due in. So fingers crossed for that

Totally!
Best crack on with it tonight then. No harm in giving it ago I suppose.

I
t's even better at night when the Cathedral is floodlit

My inner photographer danced around in glee when I saw it lit up when I visited. So pretty!

Aha how's it going? :h: What d'you have to write for a Psych one?
And I'm planning to - have written some notes for the English one but am unsure on whether I'll get it done by tomorrow xD Fingers crossed, eh?

1500 word essay, title is ' Is Psychology a 'real' science? Discuss.'
I'm finding it so hard, never had to write an essay that was that long in psychology....

Ahh, good luck! I'm sure you'll get it done :biggrin:
What's yours on?

I've been trying to write the history essay for weeks, but its not going well and I have so much coursework to do that I might just admit defeat.
Reply 693
1500 word essay, title is ' Is Psychology a 'real' science? Discuss.'
I'm finding it so hard, never had to write an essay that was that long in psychology....

Ahh, good luck! I'm sure you'll get it done :biggrin:
What's yours on?

Oooh! We had to have a debate on that in Psychology the other day (I was on the side that argued it wasn't :biggrin:) No idea how I'd go about writing an essay on it though :eek: Good luck for that :smile:

And I'm writing on the role of women in society in one of Shakespeare's plays (Macbeth) Having fun with it, but I keep deleting bits and am driving myself insane :biggrin:

Original post by shootforstars
I've been trying to write the history essay for weeks, but its not going well and I have so much coursework to do that I might just admit defeat.

Awwwwh, I hear you there :frown: You're more responsible than me; I shall have to admit defeat and miss my homework deadline of tomorrow, in order to finish this :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)

And I'm writing on the role of women in society in one of Shakespeare's plays (Macbeth) Having fun with it, but I keep deleting bits and am driving myself insane :biggrin:

Awwwwh, I hear you there :frown: You're more responsible than me; I shall have to admit defeat and miss my homework deadline of tomorrow, in order to finish this :tongue:

Well I work Friday nights so I'm not actually stopping to do coursework, I'm stopping to watch telly and go to bed otherwise by eight tomorrow night I'll be hanging.

Your title sounds good, I could write that essay even though I'm not actually applying for English! :biggrin:
Reply 695
Original post by shootforstars
Well I work Friday nights so I'm not actually stopping to do coursework, I'm stopping to watch telly and go to bed otherwise by eight tomorrow night I'll be hanging.

Your title sounds good, I could write that essay even though I'm not actually applying for English! :biggrin:

Haha epic win! For which I don't blame you in the slightest :wink:

And I know right! Very generous title to give :biggrin:
Oooh! We had to have a debate on that in Psychology the other day (I was on the side that argued it wasn't :biggrin:) No idea how I'd go about writing an essay on it though :eek: Good luck for that :smile:

Thanks!! It's so tought to write.. urgh. Think i'm going to read it over one more time and then just send it in, i'm driving myself crazy...

Ohh nice, we're doing Macbeth for eng lit a level, have to say i love it. lol.

Good luck with yours, don't drive yourself too insane!!
Reply 697

And I'm writing on the role of women in society in one of Shakespeare's plays (Macbeth) Having fun with it, but I keep deleting bits and am driving myself insane

I'm trying to do this for Othello. I haven't written an English essay for over a year and by God I'm struggling. May just give up seeming as I only have an introduction :emo:
Reply 698
Thanks!! It's so tought to write.. urgh. Think i'm going to read it over one more time and then just send it in, i'm driving myself crazy...

Ohh nice, we're doing Macbeth for eng lit a level, have to say i love it. lol.

Good luck with yours, don't drive yourself too insane!!

Am sure it's awesome :biggrin: Incidentally, which side of the debate did you lean more towards? Psychology being a science or the alternative? ^^

And thank youuu :tongue:

Original post by yesioo
I'm trying to do this for Othello. I haven't written an English essay for over a year and by God I'm struggling. May just give up seeming as I only have an introduction :emo:

Just send in your introduction and tell them to bask in the awesomeness of the small paragraph :hugs: Nahh I kid, but -pelts motivation at- You can do it! At least we'll get back into the swing of things when studying English full-time :biggrin:
Reply 699
Just send in your introduction and tell them to bask in the awesomeness of the small paragraph Nahh I kid, but -pelts motivation at- You can do it! At least we'll get back into the swing of things when studying English full-time

I may actually have to do this :emo: My screen on my laptop just died so I've essentially lost all the stuff I've done. My history coursework is on there darn it! So, back up laptop and starting again...only...9 hours to go?

Thank you for the pep talk! My essay goggles are now on...time to get down to buisness. :cool:

23.47 - sent it. Absolute rubbish but at least I got it done! WOO! :dance:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending