The Student Room Group

What is your definition of a slut?

This may sound like a weird question but...

It seems like a lot of uni students sleep around all the time, I've kind of been brought up to think this is probably a bad thing (especially being a girl- risk of pregnancy, STDs...) but I can see myself having quite low self discipline when it comes to sex at university.

However the idea of having slept with many different people by the time I'm 21 doesn't really appeal... I can imagine feeling like I'd gone beneath my so called morals though I guess I don't believe in morals, just a sense of who I am (?)

I tend to pull a guy every time I go to a club, is this the same for other girls? Maybe I was unashamedly checking them out or something :colondollar: but I never go home with them.
However my clubbing experience is quite limited as I'm just 18. Also I've never actually been violently drunk, though I do have quite a few drinks when I'm out...
I don't like the taste of vodka or tequila though I do tend to succumb to peer pressure :colondollar:

Anyway girls and guys at uni, do you find yourself having greater numbers of sexual partners away from home...? And mainly one night stands or potential relationships?
How would you define a slut?

Scroll to see replies

Someone who brags about their sexual exploits. Nothing wrong with sleeping around per se, so long you have standards and aren't cheating.
(edited 13 years ago)
your mom.... booyah.
Someone who tells everybody how many people she had sex with and still proud of it.
Here's an example:

Girl I met in halls. Slept with her second night of uni and a few other times in freshers. She's slept with 8 or 9 guys since then, all from halls. She's not a slut, she knows what she's doing. If she enjoys it, who's to say otherwise.

Ex I had ages ago: Enjoys the thrill of doing dangerous stuff. Her 6 closest friends when we were going out all had long term boyfriend(2+years) and she had slept with all of them and not told her friends. Said she just enjoyed feeling power over people and knowing she can hurt them whenever she wants.

That to me, is a slut. Someone who uses sex to get something else out of it or sleeps with their friends partners.
And yeah all girls are able pull at clubs, even the whales.
Reply 6
Original post by chestbrah123
And yeah all girls are able pull at clubs, even the whales.

Thats not saying a lot of good about the men at these clubs you refer to now is it?
Original post by Eveiebaby
Thats not saying a lot of good about the men at these clubs you refer to now is it?

I don't club.
And what's your point? I've seen some of your posts and you're ****ing annoying.
anyone who hasn't ****ed me.
Reply 10

Men in general don't tend to care who they sleep with tbh. As long as they're getting their dicks wet, they're happy.
Original post by ToastyCoke
Here's an example:

Girl I met in halls. Slept with her second night of uni and a few other times in freshers. She's slept with 8 or 9 guys since then, all from halls. She's not a slut, she knows what she's doing. If she enjoys it, who's to say otherwise.

Ex I had ages ago: Enjoys the thrill of doing dangerous stuff. Her 6 closest friends when we were going out all had long term boyfriend(2+years) and she had slept with all of them and not told her friends. Said she just enjoyed feeling power over people and knowing she can hurt them whenever she wants.

That to me, is a slut. Someone who uses sex to get something else out of it or sleeps with their friends partners.

Pretty much this. Your ex sounds like a massive douchebag though.
And what's your point? I've seen some of your posts and you're ****ing annoying.

If you don't like what I post you don't have to read. I speak my opinion and that's that. I could say the same about you.

If you actually read my post, I said that it wasnt saying a lot of good about the guys you were referring to. It wasnt an accusation. Different clubs, different environments and clientele might I add.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Converse
Men in general don't tend to care who they sleep with tbh. As long as they're getting their dicks wet, they're happy.

That's a bit grim and disgusting. Do you share this view?
If you don't like what I post you don't have to read. I speak my opinion and that's that. I could say the same about you.

In my opinion you are an annoying ****.

What's with the patronising tone. The point is even the mingers at clubs will pull guys, you should know.
In my opinion you are an annoying ****.

oh no. I care so much. :rofl:

Whatever little boy. I'm gonna be posting some more here so either I think you better just deal with it or **** off.
What's with the patronising tone. The point is even the mingers at clubs will pull guys, you should know.

Look. If you dont want to discuss something nicely, then don't talk to me ok. I was rude because you were rude to me.

I wasnt meaning to be patronising. I was just saying that it's grim that if what converse said was true, men dont seem to have standards. Why not? They should. It's a two way street. Men and women should both have standards. Not saying there is anything wrong with sleeping round, but they should set standards. Then I asked if he shared the same view. I wasnt talking down to him I was asking him to share his personal point of view.

It just sounds a bit desperate and disgusting just being up for anything with anyone.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18

Men can't afford to be choosy, an average bloke would have to work hard to get laid where as an average women will be fighting men off with a stick. Ergo, men have to settle for what they can get.
A slut to me is a person who brags about the amount of men/women they have slept with in a short period of time like it is something to be proud of, and talks in detail about their sex lives when you really don't want to know!

People should be allowed to sleep with as many people as they wish without being judged as long as they aren't hurting people in the process like neglecting children, cheating on someone etc. etc. and aren't having unplanned children/contracting STDs left right and centre. Then it just gets silly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending