The Student Room Group

What is your definition of a slut?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eveiebaby
Look. If you dont want to discuss something nicely, then don't talk to me ok. I was rude because you were rude to me.

I wasnt meaning to be patronising. I was just saying that it's grim that if what converse said was true, men dont seem to have standards. Why not? They should. It's a two way street. Men and women should both have standards. Not saying there is anything wrong with sleeping round, but they should set standards. Then I asked if he shared the same view. I wasnt talking down to him I was asking him to share his personal point of view.

It just sounds a bit desperate and disgusting just being up for anything with anyone.

You are really naive, or just pretentious. There will be guysat clubs who have no standards cos they can't get proper looking girls and vice versa. Stop being a dumbass.
Original post by Jakelee
Men can't afford to be choosy, an average bloke would have to work hard to get laid where as an average women will be fighting men off with a stick. Ergo, men have to settle for what they can get.

But still. Urgh. Wouldnt you rather just not bother if it's going to result in you being with someone you are not attracted to and potentialy find disgusting? Quality rather than quantity?

I can't help but think that if a woman said something like this on this thread, she'd be annihilated. Truth be told, I find it grim that any men might hold this view as well.

I don't really see the point in just settling for 'anything'. Someone who you have no chemistry with and potentially find repulsive. Where's the self esteem in that. The sex will be ****.

I'm not looking down on having one night stands; I've had a few in my time. Just saying that I only had them if I really fancied the person and the sex was as a result electric. Cant be arsed with bad sex. I might as well stay at home with my vibrator.
Reply 22
TBH, I agree with the majority here that as long as you don't sleep aroung and brag about it and feel proud then it's all good, As long as your careful and all parties know that it is not leading anywhere so people don't get hurt then it really doesn't matter, does it?!?!
Reply 23
your mum
Original post by chestbrah123
You are really naive, or just pretentious. There will be guysat clubs who have no standards cos they can't get proper looking girls and vice versa. Stop being a dumbass.

I'll explain further.

I appreciate that not everyone will be able to take home the same sort of girl or guy. But everyone has their own varying perception of beauty anyway and have different standards of beauty they find attractive.

What I meant was that the guy/woman should be finding the person they take home attractive and sexy, regardless of how other people rate their ONS.

If you prefer fat girls, then thats your standard. Doesnt make it wrong, but the point is you arent taking someone home just for the sake of it; you are taking them home because you actually fancy them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Sluts imo are the ones who arent smart about it, like not using condoms, and getting STDS. I know a girl who had unprotected sex and got pregant, and had an abortion, YET she still had unprotected sex and kept getting stds < That's a slut right there.
a woman with the temerity to do things without asking you personally whether you approve.

because obviously it's your business.
Reply 27
Original post by Eveiebaby
But still. Urgh. Wouldnt you rather just not bother if it's going to result in you being with someone you are not attracted to and potentialy find disgusting? Quality rather than quantity?

I can't help but think that if a woman said something like this on this thread, she'd be annihilated. Truth be told, I find it grim that any men might hold this view as well.

I don't really see the point in just settling for 'anything'. Someone who you have no chemistry with and potentially find repulsive. Where's the self esteem in that. The sex will be ****.

I'm not looking down on having one night stands; I've had a few in my time. Just saying that I only had them if I really fancied the person and the sex was as a result electric. Cant be arsed with bad sex. I might as well stay at home with my vibrator.

You wouldn't necessarily find them disgusting, even if you wouldn't have chose to sleep with them if you had the choice.

The sex isn't necessarily going to be bad. And it'll almost always be better than using your own hand (for guys), which is why they'd rather bang some random, than use their hand.
Original post by Converse
You wouldn't necessarily find them disgusting, even if you wouldn't have chose to sleep with them if you had the choice.

The sex isn't necessarily going to be bad. And it'll almost always be better than using your own hand (for guys), which is why they'd rather bang some random, than use their hand.

Ok. Do you mean if someone better was around or...?

And conversely (see what I did there) would you judge a woman (in a misogynist way by seeing her as low value) with for having the same mentality or are you pretty much broadminded about the whole thing across genders?
Reply 29
Original post by Jweldon5
your mum

Already had that one (see earlier.)
Original post by chestbrah123
What's with the patronising tone. The point is even the mingers at clubs will pull guys, you should know.

owned. :rofl3:.
Reply 31
Is this actually true? Will men actually have sex with anything or is that only ugly men? average men? That is really gross if true....

Slut = anyone who sleeps around
A slut is someone without self respect - who will have sex with anyone, regardless of whether they like the person or not - because they have low self esteem or need validation. Someone who brags about how many people they've slept with (self validation again) or someone who carelessly has sex without bothering protecting against stds or pregnancy (just relying on morning after pill/abortion). Btw im not saying everyone who has used morning after pill or abortion is a slut - everyone makes mistakes and sometimes these things are necessary, but nobody should just not bother with contraception and rely on them every time something goes wrong.
Reply 33
A girl who sleeps around and doesnt care about it.
Reply 34
Original post by NeonSkies
A slut to me is a person who brags about the amount of men/women they have slept with in a short period of time like it is something to be proud of, and talks in detail about their sex lives when you really don't want to know!

this is what I was going to say
Reply 35
A person who sleeps with anyone who gives them attention, regardless of whether or not they find them particularly likeable or attractive.
Original post by tibbles209
A slut is someone without self respect - who will have sex with anyone, regardless of whether they like the person or not - because they have low self esteem or need validation. Someone who brags about how many people they've slept with (self validation again) or someone who carelessly has sex without bothering protecting against stds or pregnancy (just relying on morning after pill/abortion). Btw im not saying everyone who has used morning after pill or abortion is a slut - everyone makes mistakes and sometimes these things are necessary, but nobody should just not bother with contraception and rely on them every time something goes wrong.

I think this is pretty much an accurate description!!!
Reply 37
Original post by Converse
sad desperate ****ers in general don't tend to care who they sleep with tbh. As long as they're getting their dicks wet, they're happy.

fixed. speak for yourself in future, eh?
Someone who sleeps with people regardless of whether they find them attractive or not/someone who sleeps with certain people to get a 'one up' on others.
Reply 39
A braggart when it comes to matters of the bedroom.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending