The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1740
I suppose I'm waiting until next week. Heard nothing up until now and seeing as there are interviews tomorrow, chances of receiving an offer then are slim.

I find it a little funny how St Andy's were the first uni to get in touch with me about anything after acknowledgement, yet they are the last to send me their decision.
Original post by JungleJen
Pretty short with long brown hair, nothing that noticable about me lol. What about you?
I'll probably ask too. Can you imagine how many times they've been asked that? haha!
Not prepared whatsoever! That's the plan for the remainder of tonight and tomorrow morning - i'm not going to bother going into school. Are you having to travel far?

I'm short with medium length hair... Wearing suit pants and a pinky purpley top & Cardi :smile:
I'm from Newcastle so me and my dad are heading off for St.a at 7am in the car, quite nervous because one lad got a rejection and anothergot an offer in my year for St andrews this week D:
nervous times!do you know how many they interview?
Reply 1742
Original post by dariadaphne
Aaw :frown: Thanks :smile: That's so sweet of you :biggrin: I wanted to get one too, but it seems it wasn't for me :frown: At least you still have a shot, so I really have my fingers crossed for you :biggrin: I know how you liked St Andrews so I hope they liked you too and will give you an offer :biggrin: Let me know how it goes :biggrin: But I think it will be good :wink:

Thank yoooooooooooou!!!! :smile: <3 I'm expecting the worst but am hoping for the best... What is your plan now if I may ask?
Reply 1743
Original post by tikey
i got an email to say that i got an offer, and a link to how to apply for accommodation which is pretty much the same one u give me, are we meant to apply now or something...ahh im confused... :s-smilie:

sent an email to admissions asking when we'd get the student id :P i expect a response tomorrow. They've answered all my other queries quite quickly!
Reply 1744
Original post by laurenl93
I'm short with medium length hair... Wearing suit pants and a pinky purpley top & Cardi :smile:
I'm from Newcastle so me and my dad are heading off for St.a at 7am in the car, quite nervous because one lad got a rejection and anothergot an offer in my year for St andrews this week D:

They interview around 500 I think.
Original post by filea
Thank yoooooooooooou!!!! :smile: <3 I'm expecting the worst but am hoping for the best... What is your plan now if I may ask?

Well, I am going to apply for med uni in my country, since I've been preparing for it this past year and then I think I'll try again next year, since I really liked it at St Andrews :biggrin: I'll improve my UKCAT score, since I think that's what let me down, and we'll see how it goes :biggrin: Why did you get neg repped ? :s-smilie: Did Aberdeen give you a response ? :biggrin: Huuugs >:biggrin:<
Reply 1746
Well, I am going to apply for med uni in my country, since I've been preparing for it this past year and then I think I'll try again next year, since I really liked it at St Andrews :biggrin: I'll improve my UKCAT score, since I think that's what let me down, and we'll see how it goes :biggrin: Why did you get neg repped ? :s-smilie: Did Aberdeen give you a response ? :biggrin: Huuugs >:biggrin:<

I don't know why I got neg repped... :s-smilie:

Ahh I see! :biggrin: I do hope that you get in to St Andrews in the end! :smile: But if you come into med school in your country, will you take it and then not go to St Andrews? :/ Did you ask St Andrews for feedback?

Aberdeen still hasn't replied to me either... my track is still the same since 4th of February, but I must say I'm scared everytime I open my e-mail... O.O
Original post by filea
I don't know why I got neg repped... :s-smilie:

Ahh I see! :biggrin: I do hope that you get in to St Andrews in the end! :smile: But if you come into med school in your country, will you take it and then not go to St Andrews? :/ Did you ask St Andrews for feedback?

Aberdeen still hasn't replied to me either... my track is still the same since 4th of February, but I must say I'm scared everytime I open my e-mail... O.O

Well, I'll just go on with my freshman uni year in my country, and if I get in next year, I'll see how it will work out :biggrin: Maybe I could transfer and not lose a year or maybe I will, who knows ... But it's a year away, so I'll have time to think about it :biggrin: I did, yes ... And they told me to send them a letter at a specific address, and that they will give me feedback when they receive that letter so I guess I have to start writing :wink: I plus repped you, just to make up for the neg one :biggrin: I sure hope you'll get a positive answer from both Aberdeen and St Andrews :biggrin: So then your only problem will be to choose between them :wink:
Reply 1748
Well, I'll just go on with my freshman uni year in my country, and if I get in next year, I'll see how it will work out :biggrin: Maybe I could transfer and not lose a year or maybe I will, who knows ... But it's a year away, so I'll have time to think about it :biggrin: I did, yes ... And they told me to send them a letter at a specific address, and that they will give me feedback when they receive that letter so I guess I have to start writing :wink: I plus repped you, just to make up for the neg one :biggrin: I sure hope you'll get a positive answer from both Aberdeen and St Andrews :biggrin: So then your only problem will be to choose between them :wink:

Only time will tell for both of us I guess :smile: I'm happy that you know what you will do and that you will reapply! :biggrin: Do keep in touch :biggrin:

Thank you for the plus rep hehe :smile:
So track is having a day off for maintenance tomorrow.. that's a wee bit of a pain isn't it!!
Original post by polldoll
So track is having a day off for maintenance tomorrow.. that's a wee bit of a pain isn't it!!

Probably won't make any difference. I don't think they'll give out any decisions on a weekend...
Reply 1751
Original post by Chivalry
sent an email to admissions asking when we'd get the student id :P i expect a response tomorrow. They've answered all my other queries quite quickly!

u go for it and let me know what they said lol
Reply 1752
Original post by tikey
u go for it and let me know what they said lol

Almost forgot to reply here :P They said just use the ucas id.
Reply 1753
Almost forgot to reply here :P They said just use the ucas id.

ok thanks, where u applying btw? i havent a clue...:confused:
Original post by laurenl93

Looks like your question got answered. How did it go for you today? Someone thought i was you lol :smile:
Reply 1755
Original post by tikey
ok thanks, where u applying btw? i havent a clue...:confused:

Firmed St Andrews :P Was the logical choice for me between St Andys and Dundee anyway. Loved ST Andrews when I was there.
Original post by JungleJen
Looks like your question got answered. How did it go for you today? Someone thought i was you lol :smile:

Eh how did someone think I was you:confused:

Oh god, I'm now in love with St Andrews:love:
My interviewers were lovely! They didn't ask me anything tricky and made me feel at ease when I was all nervy when they asked the first question bless them, how was yours?
(edited 13 years ago)
Firmed St Andrews :P Was the logical choice for me between St Andys and Dundee anyway. Loved ST Andrews when I was there.

+1

You made a good choice, I went there today and was like "OmgIfIDontgoHereIllCry"
It was all sunny and bluee and had cute old people everywhere haha
Reply 1758
Do St.Andrews get their articles from the bbc health news section or are they from the student bmj and bmj magazines or are they completely random??
Reply 1759
can be anything really, last year i had a student bmj one and this year was a bbc health one for me. :P Varies ofc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending