The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harbour Seal
Warning about Murano... (please feel free to correct if this has changed)

It's a bit of a trek to the Uni and travelling to Murano involves hills and stairs. It is also known for its parties. The prospectus says it takes 25 minutes to walk to Murano, but it's closer to 30-40 minutes to get to and from the Uni depending on where you're going and where your flat is.

On the plus size, it has loads of parties and a really lively atmosphere, but NO PRINTER IN THE REC ROOM FFS.

I live right across the road from Murano, and I leave my flat at 8:40 to get to a 9am, and I'm always there in plenty of time. It's no where near 40 minutes! It's downhill from Murano to uni, but uphill on the way back, and there's a bridge with steps to get into Murano but it's really not a huge trek. :smile:
Has anybody else not heard anything back yet??
I had my interview December 8th but it was too snowy so it got rescheduled and I had it Jan 24th instead.... hope they haven't forgotten I applied
Reply 2042
Original post by AuroraLeaf
I had my interview December 8th but it was too snowy so it got rescheduled and I had it Jan 24th instead.... hope they haven't forgotten I applied

Ring them up :smile:

PS I had my interview on the 24th too, might of seen you haha
Reply 2043
Original post by meemz
Heya congrats :smile: have u got any other offers or are u firming glasgow? Personally i've already seen some of the accom and like murano so im going to choose that as my first, but if I were you i'd wait till the open day to have a look around and then decide.

Firmed glasgow, didnt fancy waiting around. Think that sounds like a gd idea, much appreciated.
Reply 2044

Dw I haven't heard back after interview either, along with two other people on this thread, so perhaps all decisions haven't been given out yet. Hopefully.
I hear Glasgow will increase their offer to AAA like Aberdeen. Anyone know if this is true ?
Reply 2046
yup, post grad!
i heard glasgow is fairly heavily pbl based.. does the pbl continue into clinical years, and if so, how much emphasis is placed on it?
Original post by deathcraze
i heard glasgow is fairly heavily pbl based.. does the pbl continue into clinical years, and if so, how much emphasis is placed on it?

If you look back on this thread (page 102), there are some changes that will be happening for this and subsequent years entries. It is a copy of an email It explains that PBL will be reducing in years 4 and 5.
(edited 13 years ago)
Bit keen maybe but does anyone know roughly what the timetable will be like and which textbooks are good/prescribed? Still have a few anatomy and physiology books kicking about so will take a peek in them and see what little I remember lol!
Original post by sweetchilli
If you look back on this thread (page 102), there are some changes that will be happening for this and subsequent years entries. It is a copy of an email It explains that PBL will be reducing in years 4 and 5.

What happened to your Glasgow Uni logo :frown:

EDIT : Its back ! Probably TSR messing with me .. sorry lol
Original post by sweetchilli

thanks, that is a big relief. :smile: does anyone know how many total hours of lectures/tutorials/etc are there per day on average in clinical school?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by deathcraze
thanks, that is a big relief. :smile: does anyone know how many total hours of lectures/tutorials/etc are there per day on average in clinical school?

2 PBL sessions per week for 2 hours. All the info is in the sheet they sent you before interview. Didn't you get that ?

My interviw was on the 24th as well! That happened to the girl before me! Are you her?:P

Ring them up

PS I had my interview on the 24th too, might of seen you haha

What time were yeres at?? Mine was at 4.00! :smile:
Got a conditional offer on Monday!!! SOOOOOOOOOO Excited! Hope I get my grades now! not too bad! AAAABB!!
Reply 2054
just out of interest, does anyone know how many applicant glasgow had this year?
Reply 2055
Original post by Med16793

Original post by Med16793
just out of interest, does anyone know how many applicant glasgow had this year?

i think it was roughly this: 3000 applicants 800ish interviews 450 offers 241 places including 18 international.

Please do correct me if it's wrong :smile:
Original post by irishwannabe
My interviw was on the 24th as well! That happened to the girl before me! Are you her?:P

Got a conditional offer on Monday!!! SOOOOOOOOOO Excited! Hope I get my grades now! not too bad! AAAABB!!

Oooh I'm not sure I can't remember what time my interview was BUT if you are from ireland and came with a lady, I was with my dad and laughed a bit too loudly through interview lol!

I rang today and she confirmed that my application had no status yet so hmmm?? What can I do but wait
Reply 2057
Original post by irishwannabe

Mine was at 2.15 :smile: so we probs had the same interviewers..my interview was really short so was out of the building by half 2

cant wait to see everyone at the applicant day :smile:

JOIN THE FB GROUP GUYS:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_152706194790047&ap=1
As a future Glasgow dentistry student just thought I'd say hi. I might see some of you in shared lectures :smile:
Original post by dentistry1
As a future Glasgow dentistry student just thought I'd say hi. I might see some of you in shared lectures :smile:

Hi...:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending