The Student Room Group

Would you *ever* give up your ideal dreams/future/career for your perfect partner?

Scroll to see replies

Tricky question, but I'd have to go with fulfilling my dreams. No matter how perfect my relationship, I don't think I could ever feel happy or fulfilled if I wasn't able to make the most of my own potential. I believe that in the end it's up to you to make yourself happy and you can't completely rely on someone else to do that.
Ooooo i'm quite surprised at how even the results are actually!

This makes me feel one hell of a lot less selfish - my friends have always been so disbelieving when i've told them i'd rather have my idealised future career plans than settle down with a loving hubby and 2.4 kids with a mortgage (anybody else notice how mortgage has the word mort - dead - in it? Because often that's how long it lasts... MUAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH)
Original post by Cicerao
Just to clarify, that was my nan, which is why she was in the nursing home. Not because nobody was bothered about her, just that when you get like that, you need special 24 hour care. If you have your own family and job, it's hard to provide that. And it's very heart-wrenching to see someone not recognise their own family. So that is probably why my father didn't visit. Not just because he was a git.

Ok. What she doesn't know or realies won't hurt her, I guess. :smile:
Original post by James4d
A 'perfect person' is easier to come across than a perfect future.

Especially if your perfect future is to have a successful acting career :sexface:

Yep. I think it also depends on what your perfect future is, and what you perfect relationship is.

This factor influence the decision.
Original post by Foo.mp3
I'd settle for good health, something to do, a place to call home and a mortal partner.. :rolleyes:

Of course everyone wants those things - but gun to the head, would you rather achieve everything you want or have your perfect girl?
Original post by James4d
A 'perfect person' is easier to come across than a perfect future.

Especially if your perfect future is to have a successful acting career :sexface:

:eek:

I'm shocked with that statement. I assumed the reverse would be true...

Why do you say it's easier to find your perfect partner?
Original post by mother_eve3088
Ooooo i'm quite surprised at how even the results are actually!

This makes me feel one hell of a lot less selfish - my friends have always been so disbelieving when i've told them i'd rather have my idealised future career plans than settle down with a loving hubby and 2.4 kids with a mortgage (anybody else notice how mortgage has the word mort - dead - in it? Because often that's how long it lasts... MUAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH)

They just can't stand that someone else wants a different choice in life.
Reply 447
I'd much rather have a perfect partner than a perfect career. My relationships with the people that I love are more meaningful to me than my accomplishments (or lack thereof).
I would chose a perfect partner over my dream career. I think it would make me a lot happier than my dream career.
Original post by im so academic
What if you married your perfect girl and she died the next day?

Then she wouldn't be perfect would she :wink:
Reply 450
My ideal future includes a partner who is willing to share my dreams with me.

If that makes sense. Well, it does to me :awesome:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 451
top baby. I'll just use hookers. What love? Buy a puppie. Want sex, buy a woman.
Original post by Eloise987
Then she wouldn't be perfect would she :wink:

By "perfect" I meant qualities you desire in your future partner.

You cannot control the point of death. :hmmm:
Original post by OceanSoul
My ideal future includes a partner who is willing to share my dreams with me.

If that makes sense. Well, it does to me :awesome:

:facepalm2:

Either ideal future or perfect partner.
Reply 454
Original post by im so academic
:facepalm2:

Either ideal future or perfect partner.

A 'perfect' future for me can not happen without a 'perfect' partner.
Why can't an ideal future include a partner......?
Original post by mother_eve3088
anybody else notice how mortgage has the word mort - dead - in it? Because often that's how long it lasts... MUAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH)

:yy:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Definitely the relationship.
Original post by OceanSoul
A 'perfect' future for me can not happen without a 'perfect' partner.

In other words, you have no ambitions for yourself other than finding the perfect partner?
Perfect partner.

Hell, I give up vital things because I love him and he's far from perfect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending