The Student Room Group

POLL : Gay rights : what if you had two dads?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by dildo baz00ka
because that's the disadvantage of being gay. i'm no homophobe, but if you want kids then get chasing that pussy. nobody would be happy when they find out they have two fathers.

and to everyone else out there, you're ****ed up. why would you be okay with having two dads? you would get bullied in school like there's no tomorrow and you will be seen as a freak by everyone. no it's not normal and no it's not right. your life would be pretty much over, bunch of weirdos.

it would be awkward as sh;t when you and your gay partner try to explain the situation to your kid when he's mature enough.

you get stabbed round here for that sh;t.

So what is "normal"?
Original post by Jordenfruitbat
Id explain it to them from an early age, it's not that hard to tell them why they have two fathers. There is nothing wrong with having two dad's or mums, if they love you, and you love them why would you care if it was two people of the same sex? It's just the same as to explaining someone why your a single parent or a straight couple who has adopted. The more parents that are gay, the more people in society will realise its not a "bad thing".
how exactly would you explain to them? how would he feel if everyone's talking about mothers day or something in primary school? he will be shouting FML for his entire existence.

it's not even about gay rights, it's about whats best for the child. gays should not raise children, it's ****ing stupid and heartless. if you want a kid then turn straight. the kid shouldn't suffer because you chose sausage over pussy.
As long as the child is brought up in a loving home, it does not matter.
Original post by Rant
So what is "normal"?
having a mum and dad is the first stage of being normal
how exactly would you explain to them? how would he feel if everyone's talking about mothers day or something in primary school? he will be shouting FML for his entire existence.

it's not even about gay rights, it's about whats best for the child. gays should not raise children, it's ****ing stupid and heartless. if you want a kid then turn straight. the kid shouldn't suffer because you chose sausage over pussy.

GTFO, Mothers day is a commercial holiday anyway so no one should worry to much a bout that, so I doubt he/she will be yelling FML 24/7.

The best thing for a child is to have a stable home and if the parents are gay, who cares? not me.

Yum sausage :drool:
Original post by LutherVan
As long as the child is brought up in a loving home, it does not matter.
are you ****ing serious?

you wouldn't care one bit if you had two fathers as opposed to one father and one mother? these are weirdo talks man, sort it out

I would say, you don't have a mother, but you have two dad's that love you very much. The situation about mother's day - what about children who don't have mothers? Same thing really, my mum left my dad and on mother's day in primary school I wasn't like all upset or left out, if the kid did feel upset I would just explain why they have two dad's and say that its not a bad thing. Your comments sound very homophobic to me.

I want kids one day yes, but I shouldn't be forced to go into a straight relationship just so I can have them, the kid is still being looked after by two great people I fail to see any problem.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by tehFrance
GTFO, Mothers day is a commercial holiday anyway so no one should worry to much a bout that, so I doubt he/she will be yelling FML 24/7.

The best thing for a child is to have a stable home and if the parents are gay, who cares? not me.

Yum sausage :drool:
i don't care about mothers day, but EVERYONE did when they were younger. how would you feel if you were the only black man on earth? if you're feeling suicidal at the age of 8 then you will definitely hang yourself at some point in your life

plus, these kids are gonna be rolling in parents evening with 2 dads, wtf. don't try tell me that this is completely normal. people are too cowardly to admit that gay people should not have children because they fear neg rep. pathetic.
i don't care about mothers day, but EVERYONE did when they were younger. how would you feel if you were the only black man on earth? if you're feeling suicidal at the age of 8 then you will definitely hang yourself at some point in your life

plus, these kids are gonna be rolling in parents evening with 2 dads, wtf. don't try tell me that this is completely normal. people are too cowardly to admit that gay people should not have children because they fear neg rep. pathetic.

You are not worth it :angry:

Being homosexual rocks :biggrin: having children rocks :biggrin: thefore being homosexual parents must equal amazing!!!!!!! :colondollar:

Edit: Negged, no surprise there.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 129
Same as being raised by six swingers who always have anal for desert. Fetish Parents both ways
I would say, you don't have a mother, but you have two dad's that love you very much. The situation about mother's day - what about children who don't have mothers? Same thing really, my mum left my dad and on mother's day in primary school I wasn't like all upset or left out, if the kid did feel upset I would just explain why they have two dad's and say that its not a bad thing. Your comments sound very homophobic to me.

I want kids one day yes, but I shouldn't be forced to go into a straight relationship just so I can have them, the kid is still being looked after by two great people I fail to see any problem.

Good post, Pos repped you :smile:

Whatever you do don't live in France if you want children, you will not be allowed to adopt and surrogacy is illegal :frown:
Reply 131
Well I had zero dads and turned out just fine, so I don't think the number of dads in any way makes a difference towards how 'normal' you become.
Reply 132
I think it's best for children to be raised by both their mother and father. Taking everything into account, adoption by gay couples is better than leaving a child in care but preference should be given to heterosexuals and single-parents.
it is different. i'd rather my parents split up than have to live with two fathers, because that way at least i know who's vagina i came out of. you still have a mother regardless of whether she doesn't live with you or if she's dead. if somebody says they don't have a mother it's completely normal to assume that she passed away, but if this isn't the case and the kid has two fathers instead, then people will never see him in the same light as everyone else.

the mothers day thing was just an example of how awkward it would be, relax. if your friends start talking about it how would the poor kid react? he'd feel out of this world.

and i'm not homophobic, i just don't think kids should have to suffer having two fathers. if you're gay then you have no right to raise a kid. a kid needs a mother.

here are the problems:

(a) when a chav insults you with "but you have two dads", it'll be true.

(b) people will constantly remind the child that he/she has gay parents (= not cool).

(c) in primary school when everyone is drawing pictures of their family, your boy will draw two fathers, and will get bullied as a result of it.

(d) if he turns religious he will hate you and find it in everyone's best that you end up in hell. i'm not homophobic, that's just religion for you.

(e) he WILL get bullied very badly. there's no doubt about it. i would definitely have bullied someone if he had two fathers - not because i'm homophobic, but because the kid has two damn fathers.

i can keep going all day, but i cba anymore. the jist of it is that having two fathers is the worst thing that can happen to an innocent child.
(edited 13 years ago)
A kid needs a mother.

Don't state this as fact as there is no hard proof that a child needs a mother. I spent my childhood living with my dad only and turned out fine.
Problems:
(a) when a chav insults you with "but you have two dads", it'll be true.

And? someone with gay parents are more likely to shrug it off that someone with hetrosexual parents. Hetrosexual's take more offence regarding homosexuallity that gays themselves.
(b) people will constantly remind the child that he/she has gay parents (= not cool).

Same response as above.
(c) in primary school when everyone is drawing pictures of their family, your boy will draw two fathers, and will get bullied as a result of it.

Really? doubt they will.
(d) if he turns religious he will hate you and find it in everyone's best that you end up in hell. i'm not homophobic, that's just religion for you.

What? he finds religion and thus they hate their homosexual family?
(e) he WILL get bullied very badly. there's no doubt about it. i would definitely have bullied someone if he had two fathers - not because i'm homophobic, but because the kid has two damn fathers.

No it is because you are homophobic.

Overall you are an idiot, with very little grasp on this.
(edited 13 years ago)
Don't state this as fact as there is no hard proof that a child needs a mother. I spent my childhood living with my dad only and turned out fine.

And? someone with gay parents are more likely to shrug it off that someone with hetrosexual parents. Hetrosexual's take more offence regarding homosexuallity that gays themselves.

Same response as above.

Really? doubt they will.

What? he finds religion and thus they hate their homosexual family?

Overall you are an idiot, with very little grasp on this.

( Thanks for the rep :P) Pretty much this, bullying is not a reaosn to forbid gay's to have children, children are bullied for all sorts of reasons its the parents job to help them deal with it, for example someone being bullied for wearing glasses as a child, should they be asked to take of the glasses because they are being bullied? No. Same way in which the child shouldn't have to have a mother or father, I would think in a society like today something like homosexual parents having children wouldn't be such a taboo thing.
You are not worth it :angry:

Being homosexual rocks :biggrin: having children rocks :biggrin: thefore being homosexual parents must equal amazing!!!!!!! :colondollar:

Edit: Negged, no surprise there.
being homosexual isn't cool, just so you know. it must be hard as sh;t getting into a relationship. it must kill getting a cock rammed up your pipe, and it must kill when you roll through london and get stabbed for being homosexual.

i'm not homophobic, but i'm a realist, and i'm telling you now that there's nothing cool about being gay at all. i don't hate gays. they are the nicest people in the world in my view - i've never gotten into a fight with a batty man in my life.

just please don't raise kids. i know you want to, but think about how bad their life would be having two fathers.

p.s. i never throw neg rep. we are having a healthy debate here and i know a neg isn't going to change your views.
Original post by harmonize
That isn't a study, it's a help centre, which is likely to suggest bias things lo..

The American Psychological Association isn't a help centre, it's an organisation conducting psychological research. It's a very credible source and to be honest you'd be silly to dismiss it.

i gotta go pick up some weed for tonight, so i can't reply to the whole thing. i just wanted to let you know that there is a 0% chance 'your' child will go through primary and secondary school without getting bullied to the point where he'll want to kill himself.

if straight people get bullied for being gay in schools, your child will get demolished nicely and anybody who denies this is a f*ckhead
(edited 13 years ago)
being homosexual isn't cool, just so you know. it must be hard as sh;t getting into a relationship. it must kill getting a cock rammed up your pipe, and it must kill when you roll through london and get stabbed for being homosexual.

i'm not homophobic, but i'm a realist, and i'm telling you now that there's nothing cool about being gay at all. i don't hate gays. they are the nicest people in the world in my view - i've never gotten into a fight with a batty man in my life.

just please don't raise kids. i know you want to, but think about how bad their life would be having two fathers.

p.s. i never throw neg rep. we are having a healthy debate here and i know a neg isn't going to change your views.

There's more homosexuals than you think, it's not that hard to get into a relationship, and not all homosexuals like Anal sex, and lol at the getting stabbed how would anyone know?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending