The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4020
Original post by rtaylor05
York offer is AAA, Leeds is A and Newcastle is an Unconditional. What a pickle!

They are all great unis but in your position I think I would firm York and insure Newcastle as then at least you have a guaranteed place.
Reply 4021
Original post by ufochaffeuress
At least you don't think I'm lying. Whenever I state my grades, people think I'm fibbing.

You just need to stay focused. Many subjects cross over with each other which is the special thing.

I would imagine you also need a fairly brilliant memory but that will be very useful in law! 5 A'levels is plenty for me and that includes General Studies!
Reply 4022
This is such a silly thread really...lets face it we all have three A's an some A* ... its difficult to imagine a career now with lower(perhaps AAB)...I hope everyone is bricking reading law as much as I am because by the sounds of the modules we are doing like alot of hours ....arhhhhh ! i want a hola from everone who is deep down kinda worried
Hola!
Original post by Lis10
I would imagine you also need a fairly brilliant memory but that will be very useful in law! 5 A'levels is plenty for me and that includes General Studies!

Well I won't say so. Just stay focused and work hard in lessons, at home etc.
Got a bristol offer yesterday evening (around 5pm) for aaa. Anyone else?
Reply 4025
Bit of a pickle, choices, choices, choices! Exeter or Bristol for my firm? Both AAA offers..Exeter = amaaazing campus, city. Bristol = not such a nice city BUT Russell Group uni...any thoughts?!
Just firmed my offer for law at Durham!
Reply 4027
Original post by sfriday

Original post by sfriday
Bit of a pickle, choices, choices, choices! Exeter or Bristol for my firm? Both AAA offers..Exeter = amaaazing campus, city. Bristol = not such a nice city BUT Russell Group uni...any thoughts?!

Bristol for sure!
Keele or Northampton for LLB Law? Keele in a crappy area...Northampton nice town/nighlife..
Woo I have AAAB now in my A Levels :smile:

It would have been nice to apply/go to an AAA uni, but I am thrilled with my unconditional offer at Reading :biggrin:
Original post by mc13177
Beginning of October, A*A*A*, 11 X A* , 25, hope this helps :smile:

ooo wow!!! have you already got 3 A*'s or are they predicted grades?
Reply 4031
Original post by B.angeL_x
ooo wow!!! have you already got 3 A*'s or are they predicted grades?

Thanks!

Predicted grades. :smile:
Reply 4032
Just got a conditional from Bristol:

AAA or Welsh Baq + AA

Will probably be my insurance due to them accepting the Welsh Baq.
Original post by loxemori
Sorry about your rejection ): I was rejected too. What was your LNAT score?

I think QMUL is ranked higher for law, but it seems to me that Bristol is more prestigious.

Come to Bristol! (I'm totally not biased or anything :biggrin: )

I only got 17 on LNAT which kinda explains it, such a dilemma now though as QMUL have said they cant offer me accommodation as I live within commuting distance - bs imo as it easily takes nearly 2 hours :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by B.angeL_x
heyy sorry to here that! i think qmul personally! when did you send your ucas off by the way? and what was your lnat score? xx

LNAT was 17, and I applied in October, got the offer about 3 weeks after :smile:

I really liked what I saw at QMUL but Bristol seems to have a better rep :s
Reply 4035
Warwick are taking so long!
Original post by kelly_98

I hear you!!! :frown:
Reply 4037
Original post by kelly_98

I rang them again today and got the same bog-standard response as always.

Your application is with the course selector and you'll hear back by May, but we're trying to get as many decisions out via ucas before the end of March.
Reply 4038
One question:

Do you guys think I should firm LSE and insurance Warwick now or should I wait on QMUL as they said they will make a decision by the end of march?

Reply 4039
Original post by 2011law
One question:

Do you guys think I should firm LSE and insurance Warwick now or should I wait on QMUL as they said they will make a decision by the end of march?

Just wait. Its only 10 more days. You have been waiting for ages. Another 10 days would do no harm. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending