The Student Room Group

What is your definition of a slut?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by RahRah09
I'd never really thought about the bragging before. In my University halls a girl is a slag if she sleeps around and people know/find out about it. Simple.

See, if I do occasionally have a ONS, I try to make sure it's someone I have very few mutual friends with. There's one girl in my halls who's been stupid, quite frankly. She's shagged countless guys since starting Uni, 5 of whom live in THE SAME BUILDING as us and all know each other. A couple of others live in our halls and then I don't know how many more from around Uni. If she wants to sleep around then she can (she doesn't want a relationship etc.) but to do it with a bunch of guys who all know each other! That's just asking for trouble, these boys really do say the most horrible things about her. I don't know if she has any inkling of what these guys (and their friends) say about her but I can even imagine how she'd feel if she found out that her nickname is "Slag".

Of course men can go around shagging as many girls as they like (even if they all live together) and be given manpoints but it's still not the same for girls. That double standard is still there: girls get judged for having casual sex.

Bottom line: A woman's reputation matters as much now as it did in the fourteenth century.

As a female, do you seriously want to talk about double standards? Do you really want to go down that road?
Reply 61
the definition of a slut:

anyone who rejects me

right lads :smile:
Reply 62
See the recent news: 12 year old girls had group sex with adult footballers. That's a good example of a slut.
A definition created by patriachy to make sexually liberated women feel ashamed of themselves for doing something that their male equivalent would be praised for.

</inner-femminist>
Reply 64
Original post by Jkel
As a female, do you seriously want to talk about double standards? Do you really want to go down that road?

I was just saying that it exists in this particular instance. The whole point of double standards is that they're unjust and unfair. I didn't prompt an entire discussion of every single double standard, did I?

If you want to comment my post with regards to the double standard between men and women concerning sleeping around, go ahead. If you want to moan about your tiny dick to me, as you have been doing for the past month or so, then you can **** off.
Reply 65
Original post by RahRah09
I was just saying that it exists in this particular instance. The whole point of double standards is that they're unjust and unfair. I didn't prompt an entire discussion of every single double standard, did I?

No, you didn't, but it's typical whining from females despite the fact that they're responsible for many more double standards against men than vice versa.

If you want to comment my post with regards to the double standard between men and women concerning sleeping around, go ahead. If you want to moan about your tiny dick to me, as you have been doing for the past month or so, then you can **** off.

No thanks. Discussing with size-queens like you is frankly a waste of time.
Original post by Anonymous
I can imagine feeling like I'd gone beneath my so called morals though I guess I don't believe in morals, just a sense of who I am (?)

I ardently agree with you. Sleeping around with multiple partners didn't appeal to me too back then, and it still doesn't appeal to me now.

I tend to pull a guy every time I go to a club, is this the same for other girls?

I am not a frequent club goer, but when I go out, I am able to pull a few guys. Flirting is fun and good (I reckon), but if these guys sleep around with every girl who flirts with them, then just think of the chances that I'd get STD if I start sleeping with them. :| And I don't really want to tell my future children that I met their father in a club, and that they were made because we were both drunk out of our wits and didn't have the decency to practise self-control.

Anyway girls and guys at uni, do you find yourself having greater numbers of sexual partners away from home...?

No, not really. But the potential of being lured into one is tempting. Especially when one really needs a break from all the pressure of "studying", etc. :P

Original post by NeonSkies
A slut to me is a person who brags about the amount of men/women they have slept with in a short period of time like it is something to be proud of, and talks in detail about their sex lives when you really don't want to know!

I agree with your definition. Well stated. (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending