The Student Room Group

Does the SLC check whats in your bank?

For example

If you saved money in an account (lets say £10,000 - i have nowhere near that amount) would they check before giving you the loans if I put the details for that bank account down?

Im only eligible for the 75% non means tested part of the loan anyway due to my parents income. Would I still be able to get this with savings in the bank account or would they reject me on the basis that I have money saved to pay for my accommodation and living?
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
For example

If you saved money in an account (lets say £10,000 - i have nowhere near that amount) would they check before giving you the loans if I put the details for that bank account down?

Im only eligible for the 75% non means tested part of the loan anyway due to my parents income. Would I still be able to get this with savings in the bank account or would they reject me on the basis that I have money saved to pay for my accommodation and living?

They don't check, and afaik you don't have to declare any savings unless you own land/property.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
They don't check, and afaik you don't have to declare any savings unless you own land/property.

okay thank you for that! :smile:

im finding the whole thing annoying to be honest. I've completed the application and now its asking me to send in evidence so i'll choose a passport. Why the hell does it want me to provide a P60 or a payslip? I'm applying for a non means tested loan so therefore my parents income shouldn't be taken into account so I won't need to provide there financial details but why do I need to provide mine? I won't be working during university doing the same job im currently doing so my current pay slips are irrelevant.

:/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending