The Student Room Group

Saw a person cheat back in January, unsure on what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Nobody likes a grass.
Reply 21
Just leave it. You got an A. Her cheating has nothing to do with how you get on in life. Let her be, she might come unstuck eventually but I don't think it's up to you to decide.
Reply 22
Nothing to do with you, focus on you own life.

Not her fault that your friends aren't very clever.
(edited 13 years ago)
Good idea in theory - in practise, the OP would get a LOT of hate from that.

Original post by Lintu93
Subtley/annonymously tell a teacher, but say that you don't want to ruin her A-levels? She'd probably receive a warning from the teacher and would probably not risk it in June. That way, you're not responsible for wreking her A-levels but at the same time you've stopped her cheating.

I agree with this :yep:
If you really want to, warn an examiner before hand anonymously?
Reply 25
i dont see how that is cheating then again i havnt done any exams like that
Original post by Converse
Nothing to do with you, focus on you own life.

It is something to do with her. If someone else receives an advantage and then achieves above their means then they have effectively devalued other peoples grades. Grades are about standing out, if everyone can cheat and get the top grades then it makes the grade the OP earned worthless.

Original post by Converse
Not her fault that your friends aren't very clever.

Just because they didn't get an A means they're not clever? Anybody will tell you that a lot more than just intelligence goes into an exam result. A lot more!
Reply 27
The way I see it, she isn't harming anyone but herself, so there is little merit in telling. Like all cheats, she'll get caught eventually.
Original post by hazelsaurus

Hi,

Basically in my Geography class before the January exam, I saw a girl writing stuff on her arm, and openly admit that she was going to cheat, a few other people saw this, but honestly I never said anything partially because of test anxiety and just being completely unsure on what to do..

So on results day, I did pretty good, (got an A :smile: ) and so did she, however she was really shouting about it and pretty much pee'd off half the class, especially some of my friends who never did as well and knew she never deserved it due to cheating.

It's really playing on my mind, because I don't really care about her, yet I don't want to wreck her A levels and consequentially her uni application. =/

Obviously it's to late to declare she's cheating 2 months after the exam, however I have a feeling she's dumb enough to do it again in June,

What would you do?

1. Let her do it again in June.
2. Tell the invigilator before hand
3. Exam starts.
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!

Seriously, she'll get what she deserves soon enough. Cheating is not the way to go.
Reply 29
OP, please explain who exactly would benefit from you grassing her up?
Reply 30
Original post by harmonize
The way I see it, she isn't harming anyone but herself, so there is little merit in telling. Like all cheats, she'll get caught eventually.

spot on!
Reply 31
Leave it ... what goes around comes out...You just chill, with the satisfaction that its going to hit her hard one day..and just concentrate on your own work.
its a bit too late since no one will believe you but if she does it again in June, tell someone with authrity coz although it may no directly affect u, it aint fair and she should be disqualified.

u dont wanna wreck her a levels? who gives a ****, if she's stupid to write ansers on her arm, then she deserves to get what she gets
she may deny someone getting to uni or she may adjusted the grade boundary

that girl needs a :spank:
Reply 33
Let her, she will regret it eventually.
Reply 34
Hi,

Basically in my Geography class before the January exam, I saw a girl writing stuff on her arm, and openly admit that she was going to cheat, a few other people saw this, but honestly I never said anything partially because of test anxiety and just being completely unsure on what to do..

So on results day, I did pretty good, (got an A :smile: ) and so did she, however she was really shouting about it and pretty much pee'd off half the class, especially some of my friends who never did as well and knew she never deserved it due to cheating.

It's really playing on my mind, because I don't really care about her, yet I don't want to wreck her A levels and consequentially her uni application. =/

Obviously it's to late to declare she's cheating 2 months after the exam, however I have a feeling she's dumb enough to do it again in June,

What would you do?

Nothing. Leave it. Not your problem. You stick to your exams, let them do what they want with theirs. That's all there is to it. Each to their own in the exams. You won't get extra marks for telling the teachers that she cheater and might cheat again. So... just ignore it. =)
I think you better go and speak to her about it, and warn her not to do it again.
Reply 36
why you unsure??? just shut up and act like you didn't see anything....simples it isn't your problem...theres always that one kid thats such a geek....loooool are you having sleepless nights?? loooooooooooooooooooool

Quick Reply

Latest