The Student Room Group

Rebecca Black Cried Over Nasty Comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjFIzWjT5I4

OK some of the comments were funny, but telling her to cut herself to get "pretty" is a bit much for a 13 years old?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

She made her bed... (and hopefully I'm not just quoting a lyric from her song here)
People are dying because they can't access clean water.

And this, is what America is concerned about.
Reply 3
She should be partyin', looking forward to the weekend
but..it's friday? :frown:
It's not really personal, she has a really nice voice. People critisise everything because it's amusing.
But, to be fair, it is the most pointless song.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Can I just point out, Rebecca Black only sung the song. The song was written by Clarence Jey and Patrice Wilson. I don't understand why she's been hated on, and no I don't think the writters of this song should hang themselves. I think the song has a deeper meaning to it and it's not just about how great the days of the week are.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Fragile_Illusions
It's not really personal, she has a really nice voice.

:lolwut:

She's using crappy Auto-Tune and her voice is still whiny. Her voice sucks.
Reply 8
I find it amazing that there are so many 'news' reports in the US about the number of hits Youtube videos have had.

And then their 'real' news shows are completely biased. Haha

Well, it's not really amazing. The standard over here is probably more surprising in general, given that most people are so ****ing useless.
As i saw her eyes well up as she heard some of the comments made by people I actually felt really sorry for her....

But then a clip of the video of 'Friday' came on and i remembered why she's getting all these comments.
Reply 10
I looked at this, grinned, and got on with my life.

Besides, it's friedegg
Urgh I hate that song/her.
Oh, so she was actually being serious with this song? Wow....

As much as I think it's a bad song, I still can't stand anyone who has the nerve to write really nasty unnecessary comments. On the other hand, if she wants to be famous, she better start growing a thick skin, cos every celeb needs one.
Her voice seems good but the producer was wrong to add auto tune and the the person who wrote the lyrics was rubbish. :P

But she likes Justin Beiber... :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
You may dislike the song, although there is plenty of other tackyness in the music industry that could also be targetted, but seriously none of that is an excuse to tell some 13 yr old to cut her wrists.

These people have serious problems. On a personal level I actually don't think the song is all that bad or she is that bad, you always find with things like this, the haters always scream louder than anyone else. At first I thought it was a elaborate troll the lyrics were that bad,the production does seem amateur, but then as I listened several more times, it is so corny and tacky it is actually quite good.I don't think either she is completely without talent. It grows on you to put it bluntly.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
I bet she just wants this weekend to end.
No longer chilling in the front seat, eh?
At the end of the day she's still only 13. If this was said by a bully on the school playground, and a school didn't take any notice, everyone would be up in arms about it.
Tbh though, isn't it just a typical teen pop song? So all the people over the age of 15 should quit being cruel since it's not even aimed at them anyway. Plus, I just found out her record label is full of young artists with this same sort of sound, so why is she the one on the spotlight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xHfRUW99aI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioOEBdIgQ5g
Reply 19
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
People are dying because they can't access clean water.

And this, is what America is concerned about.

Ugh tell me about it. :sigh:

I haven't bothered to listen/watch her at all.

Quick Reply

Latest