The Student Room Group

POLL : Gay rights : what if you had two dads?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
This poll is quite stupid..
If i disagree does that mean i disagree that two fathers would ruin my upbringing? Cause in that case i disagree, if otherwise, I agree.
Original post by TomInce6666
If i disagree does that mean i disagree that two fathers would ruin my upbringing? Cause in that case i disagree, if otherwise, I agree.
so you would be fine being brought up by two fathers?

you must hate your mother pretty bad.
Reply 143
I think it basically boils down to;
1. Would you rather have a mother and father than two fathers?
I think most people would answer in the affirmative.

2. Would you rather be adopted by a gay couple than remain in care?
I think most people would also answer in the affirmative but the child does have a choice as to who/whether they are adopted by.

So, gay couples should be allowed to adopt if the child would otherwise remain in care.
Original post by Lewroll
:facepalm:

Good one.
Original post by prospectivEEconomist
A homo engineer. Interesting.

WHy is it interesting exactly? :confused:

Why are you gay if you think its shameful?

What do you mean, "Why" am I gay? I didn't choose my sexuality.
Original post by dildo baz00ka
so you would be fine being brought up by two fathers?

you must hate your mother pretty bad.

i just dont give a **** who brings me up really. all i need is unconditional love from someone and im happy
Original post by innerhollow
WHy is it interesting exactly? :confused:

What do you mean, "Why" am I gay? I didn't choose my sexuality.

Are you telling me you are born gay? LoL ok.
Reply 148

Sexual orientation is determined primarily by genes but can also be influenced by exposure to certain hormones in the womb so yes, people are born gay.
Original post by Persie
Sexual orientation is determined primarily by genes but can also be influenced by exposure to certain hormones in the womb so yes, people are born gay.

Don't be naive. If a gay boy grew up in a country full of females and no males, are you telling me he would never bang a girl?
A child should be brought up by a mother and a father.

Idc about w/e sexuality you are, who you choose to spend your life with, or what sexual fetishes you get up to in your own home.

But when it comes to children, they have a right to be brought up in a normal family.

That's what I think, I know I'm going to get a tonne of neg rep from people with more goodwill than sense, but children is where I draw the line as far as gay rights are concerned.
Original post by Persie

There really isn't any evidence for that, sorry.

Of course people are born gay - Why do you think people have tried to fight for the rights of a homosexual man? Why would in the past when people were persecuted for being gay, chose to stand up for it if they knew they were gonna be killed, when they could have gone into a straight relationship? There are gay animals aswell, so of course it is natrual. Anyone who thinks people arent born gay are kidding themselves.
I don't have a problem with gay people. But I personally wouldn't want two mothers/two fathers.

I think it's important that a child has some sort of role models for each. Myself for example, I raised by my Dad, with no contact with my Mam (until a year ago), but I turned out ok because I had my Gran, so I still had that motherly role figure/guidance.

Now my brother for example, was raised by his Dad with no motherly figure at all and he's a complete and utter ****. He treats women like ****, he has no trust with them, he has no ambition - currently on the dole and to my knowledge is not looking for work. He spends the majority of his time smoking joints.

I know these are only two examples, but I personally think a mother and a father is preferable (or some other figures like that). Having said that, some people will grow up without the other parent for various reasons (split up, death etc) and i'm pretty sure they can turn out alright too. I don't know, I don't have a problem with gays adopting, but personally I wouldn't want them for parents.
Original post by imperial maniac
There really isn't any evidence for that, sorry.

Yes there is, I can't find it right now but there is evidence.
Reply 155
First time I've ever seen a thread go completely off-topic in the first post.
I wouldn't care. I don't think a child even requires two parents. A baby needs love to live a happy,healthy life, and if that's from one dad,one mum,two mums, two dads or mum + dad and some step-parents...so what? Single/ divorced/ gay parents can do just as fine a job as the typical 2 parent family, sometimes better. :-)
Original post by tehFrance
Yes there is, I can't find it right now but there is evidence.

No there really isn't otherwise it would be public knowledge, not hidden in some website.
Reply 158
Original post by imperial maniac
A child should be brought up by a mother and a father.

Idc about w/e sexuality you are, who you choose to spend your life with, or what sexual fetishes you get up to in your own home.

But when it comes to children, they have a right to be brought up in a normal family.

That's what I think, I know I'm going to get a tonne of neg rep from people with more goodwill than sense, but children is where I draw the line as far as gay rights are concerned.

Stigma to fuel stigma; the genius of the modern troglodyte.
i'm black and i couldn't give a monkeys lol...thinking being gay is disgusting is not bigoted...its my opinion STRAIGHT...

Quick Reply