The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

-

Ok, can you please stop hating and negging? I linked to a petition to stop the euthanization of unclaimed animals in Japan, obviously that wasn't very popular with the users on here. Sorry for being such a bleeding heart, but the hate is unnecessary.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

source?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Regardless of source and whether this is true or not- does it matter? If those pets' owners have died, can you truly expect the state to look after them just because they're cute ickle animals? Plus, most people don't even have a house, let alone cat food. As harsh as it seems, it's probably for the best.
Reply 3
What would you rather do, let the animals starve to death instead? Fact is most of their former owners are either dead, or have evacuated and wont be back any time soon.

It is far kinder to euthanise them than to let them suffer an awful death. At the moment the government simply does not have the time, money, nor resources to be housing and feeding tens of thousands of stray pets.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Bella Occhi
‘Japanese animal holding centres in and around the disaster areas have announced in this bulletin that all pets who are not claimed within 72 hours will be ‘disposed’ of (gassed).’

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/unclaimed-pets-to-be-gassed-in-72hrs-in-japan/

Please read. Please sign. Please tell people. We’re running out of time.

:frown:

Can you not at least see why? Supplies are short for people at the moment let alone pets.
That's really sad :frown:
but there isn't a lot we can do.
Reply 6
It is sad, but it's probably kinder than letting them starve to death and the focus really has to be on rescuing people and stuff :frown:
Reply 7
there's not a lot we can do.. but still.. poor forgotten about little things :frown:
Aw :sad:
Reply 9
R.I.P. Animals
Reply 10
Why would they gas them? Surely it would make it dangerous to eat the dogs then :s-smilie:
Original post by fire2burn
What would you rather do, let the animals starve to death instead? Fact is most of their former owners are either dead, or have evacuated and wont be back any time soon.

Bingo.

As usual, a bunch of people blinded by their opinions and getting all pissy at those that are genuinely acting for the best. Huzzah.
I signed I don't want them to do it:frown: I want a pet.
Reply 13
Sad but that's how it's gotta be.
Reply 14
Original post by Casshern1456
I signed I don't want them to do it:frown: I want a pet.

Go over there and ask for one of the spares then?
Even as a big animal lover I can understand why. Just wish they'd use a method other than gassing which while deemed "acceptable" by a report causes significant distress and pain to the animals.
OP, you are unbelievably selfish.
Reply 17
Original post by thisisnew
Even as a big animal lover I can understand why. Just wish they'd use a method other than gassing which while deemed "acceptable" by a report causes significant distress and pain to the animals.

I suspect it's because they can't use the gases to help the Japanese people. It may not be perfect but it's better than letting them starve.
15,000+ have died.

I don't give a damn about the pets.
Reply 19
Original post by thisisnew

OMGG Your siggg with the little kittyss are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cuteeeee!!!!! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending