The Student Room Group

I have never felt like this before

I’m going through a very tough stressful time, my family could end up being homeless and I’m in the middle of doing my A levels. I really don’t know what to do, I can’t stop thinking about where we going to live, how me going to move, what if it’s during my summer exams.

I have been crying all day, what if we actually end up being homeless. I hate this new government, my parents are both disabled and we can lose our home :frown:
I don’t know what to do. It’s like no one cares about us. I want to do something for my family but there is nothing I can do. I keep hoping that everything will be ok soon but I have lost all my hope ::frown:
Don't you get housing benefit and disability benefits? Do you have other family who could help you at all? Sorry to hear about this :frown:
I don't have any advice for you, but i wish you all the best :smile: i hope that you don't lose your house and are okay and you know that there will be a smart TSR member that can help you out :smile: good luck.
Reply 3
Apply for a grant/princes trust type of thing? Ask citizens advice bureau too.
Reply 4
Original post by *Dreaming*
Don't you get housing benefit and disability benefits? Do you have other family who could help you at all? Sorry to hear about this :frown:

yes we do, but since the new changes to housing benefit from April the landlord says he wants his house back (stupid greedy man, he owns 10 properties and he is crying about £50 less each week) :frown: the council said they have no houses and can't help us.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
yes we do, but since the new changes to housing benefit from April the landlord says he wants his house back (stupid greedy man, he owns 10 properties and he is crying about £50 less each week) :frown: the council said they have no houses and can't help us.

I'm sorry to hear your news :frown:
Surely you would have a case if both your parents are disabled? Do they work?
Reply 6
Original post by Tba90
I'm sorry to hear your news :frown:
Surely you would have a case if both your parents are disabled? Do they work?

No they can't. today someone from the council came, he was so rude and he made us feel so bad. he said we only have one choice and that's to change our contract with the council but if we do this then we have to move houses every 2 years and my parents can't afford this due to their health conditions
Just go to the local paper, or at least threaten your landlord and the council with it. Also try emailing the mirror, they wouldn't mind showing the big society in action!
Im Sorry for what's happening? Are there any relatives that can help in some manner?

If this does cause problems in your studies, Tell you Sixth form now, Ask for advice. Also visit the council or bureau for advice and other ways of solving this problem.

Also, if you can, start looking for a job, if you don't have one already?

:hugs:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
No they can't. today someone from the council came, he was so rude and he made us feel so bad. he said we only have one choice and that's to change our contract with the council but if we do this then we have to move houses every 2 years and my parents can't afford this due to their health conditions

Ring them up again and get someone else out and say you didn't like how you were treated!!

Don't give up without a fight!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending