The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
anon cos i know people on here

hey basically my girlfriend's best friend is on the same art course as all of us
and she just facebooked me the link for my gfs blog that I knew existed but never really asked about cos it's her 'thing' or whatever

but yeah i've never really seen anything like this
and i don't know what to think
we haven't been together for very long..

she's very evasive, artistic, writes a lot... very intelligent but i've heard that she's hard a very err different life.. including eating disorders, drugs, all these theatrical parties and cities and **** and i don't know how much of it is true, she's very honest but i've heard she's never really fully open and is 'dead inside' according to some people who knew her last year

but it's been great between us so far and i didn't believe any of it but now that i've seen this...

what the **** man
what should i do? should i tell her i've seen it or pretend nothing's happened? am i being over-sensitive?

thanks

Link and I can give you some more advice. Sounds like a similar situation my Bestie was in
Pm the link pretty please - v. curious
Original post by planetearth
I don't know if you've noticed but...

Your girlfriend describes her blog as:

"The romanticised diary of an emotional prostitute from London."

Maybe the fact that you are going out with a prostitue, who seems to have had some disturbing (probably sexual) experiences is the reason why she produces such ... squeamish work.

PM me link?
someone pm us all the link we want to know what all the hype is about haha
Reply 244
I think it's really unfair you're all ganging up on her. You don't know her, he does. There's no right to critisize her. I haven't seen the link but personally, when I need to vent I write lyrics/songs. And I've been dumped twice over it because apparently it makes me a "psycho".

Everyone needs to vent and express their emotions otherwise we'd all just build up our anger/upset/hurt and one day self destruct. Some people run away, become violent, turn to drugs & alcohol, she is simply putting her feelings into art like I put mine into songs.

Does she behave like her art? Has she given you any reason to be worried about her? If the answer is no to both then grow the hell up and stop being so ignorant and closed minded.
Reply 245
If anyone who wants to see the blog you can PM me, I have the link since it was given to me by someone else on TSR.

This girl, whoever she is has a really unique vision towards art and expression. I like it, some of the things on there are deep and meaningful and others are daunting & distrubing. However this women is not afraid to express herself in whatever way she feels like or whatever way shes thinking. Perhaps she needs someone to talk to, I don't know, but if that's the way she feels is best to express herself, then so be it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Someone send me a PM please. :frown:
Reply 247
[QUOTE='[Shadowplay];30406553']Someone send me a PM please. :frown:

Me too.
Original post by jenny.chu
I think it's really unfair you're all ganging up on her. You don't know her, he does. There's no right to critisize her. I haven't seen the link but personally, when I need to vent I write lyrics/songs. And I've been dumped twice over it because apparently it makes me a "psycho".

Everyone needs to vent and express their emotions otherwise we'd all just build up our anger/upset/hurt and one day self destruct. Some people run away, become violent, turn to drugs & alcohol, she is simply putting her feelings into art like I put mine into songs.

Does she behave like her art? Has she given you any reason to be worried about her? If the answer is no to both then grow the hell up and stop being so ignorant and closed minded.

Writing a song/poem ect is normal. I've done it.
But like you say, you didn't see the link...... 0_0
Reply 249
Original post by tface
Is it ok for people to ask for me to PM them the link? I can imagine the horrible burning curiosity to see what the big deal is about, and I'll link anyone up. It's ****ed up though, not for squeamish/normal people.

Whats all this hypee!? link me link me!
OP are you sure it's actually your gf? Yeah obvious question and I haven't seen the link but are you sure it isn't just her friend trying to head **** you?
Can I see the link?

I don't think it is that serious, especially if the pictures are not of her. I have had BA Art friends on facebook, that would write status updates like "I want to **** kill myself" and then post pictures of a female bleeding, or a girl who is anorexic looking into a mirror.

Art students generally like to shock and be melodramatic! My friend who graduated last year did a whole wall of paintings of red canvases which looked like vaginas and then said it was about feminism.
In person, she is absolutely normal and bubbly even though her outlet is bloody and depressive.

I probably think your gf did have depression/eating disorders which go hand in hand really. So I don't think it is a big deal as it is quite common problem amongst teenagers to have self image issues.

As for drugs, its fair to say people at this age have experimented with drugs, she may not be an addicted.
There's something to be learned here, marketing-wise..
Reply 253
Original post by lonelykatana
Writing a song/poem ect is normal. I've done it.
But like you say, you didn't see the link...... 0_0

Yeah but I know how it feels to be called psycho, I've been dumped twice over my lyrics and I know how it feels for people to gang up on me.

It's the exactly same situation here and what makes me disgusted is that everyone is so quick to point the finger. The girl is putting her emotions into art and I think that's beautiful. Some people would just put into actions.
Reply 254
Original post by beth.19
OP are you sure it's actually your gf? Yeah obvious question and I haven't seen the link but are you sure it isn't just her friend trying to head **** you?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure.
We've just finished our assessments and got until tuesday off, so she's not been in college since at least I haven't seen her.
Not picking up her phone or answering my texts.
I'm in the process of writing her a long email.
Did someone show her this thread?? Or am I just being paranoid
Original post by Anonymous
DUMB POST

Don't let past events ruin a good thing, bro.

Keep on #winning
Reply 256
someone send me the link? Reps in it for ya
Reply 257
Original post by jenny.chu
Yeah but I know how it feels to be called psycho, I've been dumped twice over my lyrics and I know how it feels for people to gang up on me.

It's the exactly same situation here and what makes me disgusted is that everyone is so quick to point the finger. The girl is putting her emotions into art and I think that's beautiful. Some people would just put into actions.

expression is good, but why not talk to people about stuff too? How are pictures better than people?
Reply 258
She is clearly nuts. I'd dump personally
Reply 259
Original post by Astra_K
She is clearly nuts. I'd dump personally

can u PM me the link, please??

Latest

Trending

Trending