The Student Room Group

I hate life, I hate everything :@

Everything is against me and my family. The world is literally on our case. I know there are other people on the world going through hell right now, but situation is bad too.

My parents and I moved to this country about 13 years ago hoping to change our lives and be happier. Few months after living here my dad lost both his legs in an accident and since then he has been unable to work. My mother has been looking after my dad and working part time but tbh the money wasn’t enough, I mean she had to look after my dad all the time, she only worked a few hours each week. So they started getting more support from benefits etc. My dad lost his confidence and social life and he doesn’t speak a English at all, he is unable to help us with anything.

As I grew up I became more responsible with helping my parents to do things, sort out bills and letters. etc

I had a tough childhood and kept hoping that one day things will be better, I grew up and our lives didn’t get better at all. I mean moved to this country to have a better life :frown: I decided to study and work hard at school, so maybe my parents would realise that moving to this country wasn’t that bad at all. I decided to become a doctor and make a difference.

I’m 18, I applied for medicine and I have received 4 rejections from medical schools. The rejections knocked me down but I mean it’s not the end of the world.
My social life sucks, I’m always busy looking after my family and hardly have any time to myself to have a bit of fun. I have no one that I can talk to about my problems.

I feel so helpless, I want to help my parents, my heart hurts every time I look at them, they have grown so old, and they are so vulnerable. I want to do something to help them, but I don’t know what to do.
Reply 1
Can your parents support themselves? If they can, your emotions are irrational and undergone by every child, teen or adult who witnesses their parents becoming moderately enfeebled.

oh and **** loads of people are rejected from medicine.
Hang in there, trust me, it always gets better. So you got four rejections, big deal. See this as your opportunity, to gain as much medicine related work experience and work your application for next year perfect.

Instead of getting a rejection, they'll be begging you to come and study at their university. :smile:

The only way is UP! Keep that in your head. :biggrin:
Reply 3
lol
Original post by SteveCrain
Can your parents support themselves? If they can, your emotions are irrational and undergone by every child, teen or adult who witnesses their parents becoming moderately enfeebled.

oh and **** loads of people are rejected from medicine.

Well, you're one unsympathetic arse, aren't you?

The poor bloke's going through hell and you're telling him his feelings are unfounded? If you do that to your kids they're going to HATE you...

OP the only thing you can do is work hard. I used to be in a similar position, although I'm privelaged enough to have had my parents in good health when things were bad.

All I can say is that you can and will get somewhere better. Keep hope alive, and make sure you're not doing medecine simply because you want to make money to support your parents.

Try and open out to people and at least text them, you'll find some emotional support from friends.

Are there any relatives you could speak to who could come around and help your mum? Perhaps a relative from abroad? I'm Indian and we did that - got people to come visit my gran so they could either help my mum out or make her a little happier. :smile:
Reply 5
Don't forget UCAS Extra, which you can apply through if you get 5 rejections and you can also try clearing.
Reply 6
SUICIDE.. It's the only way out.

well for some people, just try harder and get experience for next year
hey have u thought about doing some p/t exciting social entertaining work !
Reply 8
Original post by crofy
lol

I'm sorry but what's so funny? *******
Reply 9
Original post by tonyadams101
hey have u thought about doing some p/t exciting social entertaining work !

ermm no. like what?
I don't care, take your misery somewhere else.
Reply 11
Original post by crofy
lol

what the **** is so funny about that?
Reply 12
OP, im so sorry about that! you have shown that you are mature and strong enough to handle it, and there will be days u will get knocked down. keep strongg hang in there it WILL get better :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: and im sorry about the rejections! if youre passionate apply again next year and get those A's first! then you can spend the gap year sorting things out and enjoying yourself a bit too!
good luck!! you will do just great! dont worry about it :biggrin: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending