The Student Room Group

How do you look after a new born baby?

..............? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well that's a bit random. No one will be able to answer that question for you, especially not in a post on an internet forum!
Attend to its needs, that's how.
Reply 3
Are you serious? Amazon.co.uk, Raising Children. Or Google.

If you had a puppy, it is the same only a baby :smile:
Original post by HaNzY
Well that's a bit random. No one will be able to answer that question for you, especially not in a post on an internet forum!

Well actually, I could answer that question, and I could do that on TSR... what a stupid post.
Reply 5
Lots of cotton wool and warm water.

And breast milk, if you have any.
Reply 6
Ask the midwife for help, attend a few classes and read lots and lots of books on the subject! You can also do work experience at various places such as the maternity wards, or the special care baby unit to try and gain more experience on it.
Reply 7
Are you actually asking this question!? Good lord.
Feed it
Wash it
Hold it (CAREFULLY!)
Watch it grow up and drain you of all your money
Watch it turn from a cute child into a rude spotty teenager
Watch it leave you forever

Good luck
Feed it, nap it, burp it, hold it,
walk it, wash it, dry it, love it,
teach it, heal it, poop it, wipe it,
start format it.
Reply 10
It's too hard, lob it in the nearest bin is what I'd do.
Feed, burp, change nappy, rock to sleep... repeat.
As they get older there'll be things added to the list bit by bit. Also, check for fevers.
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
..............? :confused:

Why? Are you babysitting? Are you pregnant? Do you want to have a child?

Babies need care, attention, food, financial support, constant supervision and that's just to name a few things.

It's hard to know what to say because we don't know your situation but I would say that you should look into parental classes, go to the library, ask friends that have children etc.
Original post by tehFrance

If you had a puppy, it is the same only a baby :smile:

lol
Reply 14
Original post by Janey142
Why? Are you babysitting? Are you pregnant? Do you want to have a child?

Babies need care, attention, food, financial support, constant supervision and that's just to name a few things.

It's hard to know what to say because we don't know your situation but I would say that you should look into parental classes, go to the library, ask friends that have children etc.

Having a baby
Reply 15
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
Well actually, I could answer that question, and I could do that on TSR... what a stupid post.

No one can tell you how to look after your baby???? They can give you guidance of course, but every kid is different and all that crap. And how could you tell them on TSR, there are millions of huge books written on looking after babies, I'm sure there are some sort of character limits on these internet forums. Attend to its needs is not exactly a helpful answer because it is so darn obvious! I'm sure anyone who actually asks the OP's question wants a more substantial answer than that.

I say read books.
What specifically do you need to know? Any idiot knows that a newborn baby needs food, sleep, love, attention, nappy changing when it is mucky.....

it's a very broad question.

I can answer pretty much any question you throw at me. I've got 3 kids, my youngest is only 17 months old. However "how do you look after a newborn baby" is far too vague.

Try being more specific :wink:
Reply 17
Please don't tell me you're pregnant.
Original post by Anonymous
Having a baby

You need to buy a book on raising a child and read it also go to mothering classes or whatever they are called.

Have you asked your own mother?
Reply 19
Original post by Elf.
Please don't tell me you're pregnant.

Yes :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending