The Student Room Group

How do you look after a new born baby?

Scroll to see replies

Oh and can I just say, you'll have more luck here :

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=669414
Reply 21
Original post by tehFrance
You need to buy a book on raising a child and read it also go to mothering classes or whatever they are called.

Have you asked your own mother?

No. She doesn't know.
Original post by Anonymous
No. She doesn't know.

:lolwut:

are you just being strange?
Reply 23
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
:lolwut:

are you just being strange?

No :frown: She doesn't know that i'm pregnant that's what I ment.
Instincts, surely? :curious: Why not Google, rather than ask a forum full of young students most of whom have no experience of parenting?

EDIT: OH yeah, there's that Parenting Society on TSR too
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 25
Yes :frown:

Well, I'm sorry for you, if that's not what you wanted right now :frown:
It's a very life changing thing but a very exciting thing I can imagine. Think of the new life you have created and think how you'd do things differently to how your mom and dad did for you.. Yeah, mothering classes may be a good idea, read books do whatever you can.. Afraid I don't have any advice as I've never had a baby myself but ask specific practical questions and you'll probably get some useful answers.
With little ones you'll find there's a lot of support out there as it's in societies collective nature to raise the young well :smile:. Though I know you'll find most of it instinctive and natural when it comes round to it though you are absolutely terrified right now.
Good luck with everything, xo
No. She doesn't know.

How can your own mother not know??? How are you alive then? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyway, there are classes, books, and channels on Sky, that will help you. Also ask your Dr, if he/she can help in some manner, and ask any relatives or your friend's mum for tips as well?

O.o
Reply 27
Having a baby

Congrats. Are you far along? Best thing is get talking to a Midwife, go to parental classes and make sure you contact your local job Centre with regard to benefits such as Sure Start Maternity Grant etc if you haven't already. Can you ask your mum or other relatives and friends for advice?
Reply 28
Original post by humble_bumble
How can your own mother not know??? How are you alive then? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anyway, there are classes, books, and channels on Sky, that will help you. Also ask your Dr, if he/she can help in some manner, and ask any relatives or your friend's mum for tips as well?

O.o

Her mother doesn't know shes pregnant.
No :frown: She doesn't know that i'm pregnant that's what I ment.

ah okay. well....she's kinda gonna know sooner or later.

how old are you? are you with the father? are you ready for this? you seem to be in quite perplexed.

I do strongly recommend that you join us in the Pregnancy and Parenting Society. There are lots of lovely ladies on there who can give you advice.
Original post by HaNzY
No one can tell you how to look after your baby???? They can give you guidance of course, but every kid is different and all that crap. And how could you tell them on TSR, there are millions of huge books written on looking after babies, I'm sure there are some sort of character limits on these internet forums. Attend to its needs is not exactly a helpful answer because it is so darn obvious! I'm sure anyone who actually asks the OP's question wants a more substantial answer than that.

I say read books.

Were talking about a new born baby, which can't run around and cause trouble, can't swear. Every baby is the same until they start to develop.
Reply 31
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
ah okay. well....she's kinda gonna know sooner or later.

how old are you? are you with the father? are you ready for this? you seem to be in quite perplexed.

I do strongly recommend that you join us in the Pregnancy and Parenting Society. There are lots of lovely ladies on there who can give you advice.

Im 19
Reply 32
Ask Josef Fritzl
Sorry but where have you been all your life? Are you a hermit?!

Babies are exactly like you & me but are smaller & needier. The main reasons they cry is because they are sick, tired, hungry, thirsty, too hot, too cold, lonely, scared, need the loo, or have just gone & want their nappies changing. Basically, it's best just to use the process of elimination to determine exactly what it is they want when they're crying!

Luckily for most babies usually sleep for the majority of the day. Toddlers are exactly the same, just bigger & louder...just give them more toys, that should ought to distract them & get them through the day. I've heard the word 'no' is needed to be used more with a toddler.
Original post by maton_91
Ask Josef Fritzl

Hahaaa this made me LOL.
Reply 35
Poke it.
Reply 36
That's a bit of a broad question...
..............? :confused:

So you popped a pup recently?

gratz, is it a black or crackah?
Reply 38
No. She doesn't know.

I suggest you do what people have suggested and get a book, also ask people who have had babies for advice such as your parents maybe or family.
Reply 39
shake baby violently

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending