The Student Room Group

do u care?

i was just wondering how many of you care, about what other people may think about? like when u wear something extravagant, are u all the time thinking ' are the looking at me, do i look wierd'? or when u fall, do u just get up, or u look around to see who has seen u? or when u are saying something infront of the whole class and someone says something nasty about what u were saying or makes fun of u, do u care?

Scroll to see replies

i care. My driving instructor gets really annoyed because of this as i always want to do everything fast so that i don't annoy other more experienced drivers
I honestly couldn't give a damn about what people think of me, as I don't really think so highly of them either. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by tatt13
i was just wondering how many of you care, about what other people may think about? like when u wear something extravagant, are u all the time thinking ' are the looking at me, do i look wierd'? or when u fall, do u just get up, or u look around to see who has seen u? or when u are saying something infront of the whole class and someone says something nasty about what u were saying or makes fun of u, do u care?

tldr: self consciousness or paranoia how to solve?
:nope:
Reply 5
Original post by Wick3d
I honestly couldn't give a damn about what people think of me, as I don't really think so highly of them either. :smile:

how do u do? becuase for me sometime its really hard not to care about some things.
Reply 6
Original post by TheCaledonian
i care. My driving instructor gets really annoyed because of this as i always want to do everything fast so that i don't annoy other more experienced drivers

I always did that when I was learning as well!
Original post by tatt13
how do u do? becuase for me sometime its really hard not to care about some things.

I just don't give a fu....
Reply 8
Original post by futuredoc77
:nope:

why not? have u always been like this?:wink:
Yeah, I always do. I get embarrassed really easily. :ashamed2:
I tried not to care and gave off the whole "i don't care what people think" vibe.

Had little friends, uncut long hair, i got pretty fat and was pretty much a dick.

Sorted myself out before uni and now i do take care in what i wear/look like and what other people think of me and now ive got quite a few friends and have way more fun/do better academically.

Inb4 "TRU FRENDS DUN CARE WAT U LOOK LIEK"
Original post by tatt13

i don't give a frak
Original post by tatt13
why not? have u always been like this?:wink:

Mhmmm :yep:

I think the world needs different kinds of people... there has to be "abnormal" people around to make the "normal" people look "normal". So in a way, I make you "normal" :smug: How cool am I? :pierre:

If I'm not making sense, just ignore :gah:
The only reason I care is so that I can make the effort not to look like the people at my 6th form (E.g. preppy, hollister/abecrombie kids... :facepalm:)
Reply 14
Everyone cares a little bit. It's not very practical in modern times but many many years ago when people used to live as small tribes status was everything and everyone knew each other and each other's status. This is rooted so deeply in our psyche that we care about appearance and what others will think even when we shouldn't. This is pretty much why if you knock over a stack of cans in a supermarket you feel really embarrassed even thought you don't know the people there and you might never see them again.
Reply 15
Original post by Gwalchgwyn
I tried not to care and gave off the whole "i don't care what people think" vibe.

Had little friends, uncut long hair, i got pretty fat and was pretty much a dick.

Sorted myself out before uni and now i do take care in what i wear/look like and what other people think of me and now ive got quite a few friends and have way more fun/do better academically.

Inb4 "TRU FRENDS DUN CARE WAT U LOOK LIEK"

but didn't u feel more free before when u didn't care about things like ur appearance? or u did it just to like yourself even more?:s-smilie:
Reply 16
I put my life in perspective. People have much worse lives than I do and I'm grateful for being in a privileged position in life. However, at the end of the day I am less than a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a dot and those who think they're superior or more worthy than me are also entirely insignificant on a cosmic scale.
Reply 17
Dude this is like the first time ive been in a chat room, and i know this has not got a thing to do with the subject but, i need some guys to awnser a few question for me as im only in year 10 and dont know that much ?
Reply 18
Original post by futuredoc77
Mhmmm :yep:

I think the world needs different kinds of people... there has to be "abnormal" people around to make the "normal" people look "normal". So in a way, I make you "normal" :smug: How cool am I? :pierre:

If I'm not making sense, just ignore :gah:

sorry but i've never been normal :biggrin:
yeah, goes with the low self esteem sadly -_-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending