The Student Room Group

My breasts are too big

Please keep anon.

Firstly, I'm not trying to brag about the size of my breasts. They're not HUGE, they're just too big for me (32F-FF).

They make my back hurt and hurt during exercise. They're starting to sag already (I'm 18) and I don't think they've ever been 'perky'. This really knocks my confidence, and I'll never take my bra off in front of anyone.

I've been thinking about getting breast lift surgery, but it costs so much money and might affect breast feeding in the future etc.

I've also thought about trying to get a breast reduction on the nhs, if possible.

I suppose I'm asking what people on here think I should do, and what you think about natural larger breasts in general - are they less attractive than smaller perkier ones?

Scroll to see replies

I am 32FF and while it's annoying, it could be worse. And a good bra can work wonders,

And about taking your bra off, if you're in the situation where you will be removing it (with a guy or girl if you're that way inclined), I really doubt they are going to be criticizing them. Boobs come in all shapes and sizes.

And some like big boobs, some like small. I'm sure yours are great :smile: no homo.
Strenghten your back and neck.

bench press to tighten the chest and reduce breast size.
Reply 3
post some pics..

then go out and find a gym today and start tomorrow.
Original post by HARRY PUTAH

Would this really work?
Original post by Anonymous

I've been thinking about getting breast lift surgery, but it costs so much money and might affect breast feeding in the future etc.

Just think of it this way: Is it worth the risk? Do you think it is worth it?

Original post by HARRY PUTAH

Reply 6
Original post by jblackmoustache
Just think of it this way: Is it worth the risk? Do you think it is worth it?

I just hate feeling so unattractive. I'm happy with my body until I take my bra off. I don't see another way that I can improve them, and all the exercise in the world isnt going to do much.

And to the 'post pictures' comments, I'm not going to put a picture of myself on this forum.
Reply 7
I really, really need some opinions and advice, so if anyone would genuinely like to help me, please post and I'll pm you :smile:
Would this really work?

No harm in trying.

bench press works the chest and arms and last time I checked muscles are tighter once worked on.

Strong back will always support the chest and neck. I'm not bull****ting you here.
Reply 9
I have the same problem. I'm a D-cup (no where near an F but I'm 5'3 so go figure) and its literally destroyed my confidence since I was about 13. I hate the bras- I wear them so tight it really makes my back hurt. And they really make me so look much fatter (I'm average-sized, but having such big boobs makes me look dumpier). When it comes to choosing clothes, I can't wear half the stuff because either my boobs look too big, or so much cleavage shows that I look like a slut. That realy sucks cuz I'm pretty fashion-conscious.

I'm waiting to start uni now, but I'm alrdy saving up to get a breast reduction as soon as possible.

To answer your question- I think big boobs are attractive, but after a certain point, attractive or not, they become a pain to the unfortunate woman who has to lug them around. And its YOU who matters, not random guys who might enjoy the view.

And for the breast-feeding concerns, there are plenty of milk supplements and powders, and it doesn't actually affect your pregnancy. Personally, its a risk I'm willing to take if it means a lifetime of confidence and less health problems (from back pain, etc).
Reply 10
Original post by rivda
I have the same problem. I'm a D-cup (no where near an F but I'm 5'3 so go figure) and its literally destroyed my confidence since I was about 13. I hate the bras- I wear them so tight it really makes my back hurt. And they really make me so look much fatter (I'm average-sized, but having such big boobs makes me look dumpier). When it comes to choosing clothes, I can't wear half the stuff because either my boobs look too big, or so much cleavage shows that I look like a slut. That realy sucks cuz I'm pretty fashion-conscious.

I'm waiting to start uni now, but I'm alrdy saving up to get a breast reduction as soon as possible.

To answer your question- I think big boobs are attractive, but after a certain point, attractive or not, they become a pain to the unfortunate woman who has to lug them around. And its YOU who matters, not random guys who might enjoy the view.

And for the breast-feeding concerns, there are plenty of milk supplements and powders, and it doesn't actually affect your pregnancy. Personally, its a risk I'm willing to take if it means a lifetime of confidence and less health problems (from back pain, etc).

Thanks for this :smile:
It's more for me and how it makes me feel.
I'm also going to uni next year, and I've saved up some money for it. I think I'm going to keep saving though for either a breast lift/reduction (going to take a while considering how much it costs).
I thought I was a D cup (and had been wearing 32D bras), then got measured at 3 different places and they said 32F-FF. I would kill to have a D cup!
Reply 11
Thanks for this :smile:
It's more for me and how it makes me feel.
I'm also going to uni next year, and I've saved up some money for it. I think I'm going to keep saving though for either a breast lift/reduction (going to take a while considering how much it costs).
I thought I was a D cup (and had been wearing 32D bras), then got measured at 3 different places and they said 32F-FF. I would kill to have a D cup!

Hey! I'm a 30-32G so I'm a similar size and I know how you feel, they can be a right pain. Mine make me feel like I can't breathe if I lie on my back haha. But are you sure you want to change them? I've learnt to accept them and now I love them! I have an hourglass figure so I'd look ridiculously out of proportion with smaller onces, plus it's harder to find bras and clothes (which is annoying!) but when I do, they tend to look more femenine. You have to find the right clothes that suit, I personally find vintage 40s style clothes suit larger breasted ladies better! They're tailored and femenine, so they emphasise the curves. :smile:

Backpain is awful though. Not too sure what we can do about it. :/
Reply 12
Please keep anon.

Firstly, I'm not trying to brag about the size of my breasts. They're not HUGE, they're just too big for me (32F-FF).

They make my back hurt and hurt during exercise. They're starting to sag already (I'm 18) and I don't think they've ever been 'perky'. This really knocks my confidence, and I'll never take my bra off in front of anyone.

I've also thought about trying to get a breast reduction on the nhs, if possible.

I suppose I'm asking what people on here think I should do, and what you think about natural larger breasts in general - are they less attractive than smaller perkier ones?

If they're painful and get in the way, that's one thing, and as a guy I can't imagine it or provide any opinion on it. But in terms of attractiveness, you really have nothing to worry about. Aside from the stereotypical point that lots of men (not all, but definitely an awful lot) tend to like big breasts, you say you're happy with how you look until you take your bra off? As one member said, when you get to that stage, no guy is going to care. Personally I tend to find larger natural breasts more attractive than any others, but more importantly than whether they're big or small, guys simply love boobs, and any guy you get with will just be thrilled you're naked. The attractiveness of your boobs isn't something you need to worry about at all.

Breast reduction surgery is major surgery. As with any major surgery, it has serious risks. On the attractiveness side, it also tends to leave pretty significant scars which are something that can be a little off putting from a guys point of view: whereas breast implants can be put in through a small hole, breast reduction involves cutting a section out and sewing the remaining bits back together.

The first thing to do (if you haven't already) is to try out different types and sizes of bras to see if they can reduce the discomfort. If the pain can't be reduced to a level you find acceptable, surgery may be the best last resort. However I would strongly advise you not to have it done for aesthetic reasons - they're extremely unlikely to put any guy off you, especially when you've got to the stage of removing your bra, whereas the scars from a breast reduction are likely to be more offputting, if anything would be.
Reply 13
Original post by .Ali.
Hey! I'm a 30-32G so I'm a similar size and I know how you feel, they can be a right pain. Mine make me feel like I can't breathe if I lie on my back haha. But are you sure you want to change them? I've learnt to accept them and now I love them! I have an hourglass figure so I'd look ridiculously out of proportion with smaller onces, plus it's harder to find bras and clothes (which is annoying!) but when I do, they tend to look more femenine. You have to find the right clothes that suit, I personally find vintage 40s style clothes suit larger breasted ladies better! They're tailored and femenine, so they emphasise the curves. :smile:

Backpain is awful though. Not too sure what we can do about it. :/

Thanks, I haven't thought about trying different styles of clothes, I mainly try and squeeze into whatever new look has in!
I will try and accept them, I suppose it could be worse.
If you don't mind me asking where do you get your bras from? I can never find nice looking ones, just plain looking ones.

Original post by Drogue
If they're painful and get in the way, that's one thing, and as a guy I can't imagine it or provide any opinion on it. But in terms of attractiveness, you really have nothing to worry about. Aside from the stereotypical point that lots of men (not all, but definitely an awful lot) tend to like big breasts, you say you're happy with how you look until you take your bra off? As one member said, when you get to that stage, no guy is going to care. Personally I tend to find larger natural breasts more attractive than any others, but more importantly than whether they're big or small, guys simply love boobs, and any guy you get with will just be thrilled you're naked. The attractiveness of your boobs isn't something you need to worry about at all.

Breast reduction surgery is major surgery. As with any major surgery, it has serious risks. On the attractiveness side, it also tends to leave pretty significant scars which are something that can be a little off putting from a guys point of view: whereas breast implants can be put in through a small hole, breast reduction involves cutting a section out and sewing the remaining bits back together.

The first thing to do (if you haven't already) is to try out different types and sizes of bras to see if they can reduce the discomfort. If the pain can't be reduced to a level you find acceptable, surgery may be the best last resort. However I would strongly advise you not to have it done for aesthetic reasons - they're extremely unlikely to put any guy off you, especially when you've got to the stage of removing your bra, whereas the scars from a breast reduction are likely to be more offputting, if anything would be.

Thanks, actually helped a lot to read this. I really hope what you're saying is true, and it won't put people off. I still find it embarrassing but I'll certainly try and accept them before I make a decision about surgery.
Reply 14
Thanks, I haven't thought about trying different styles of clothes, I mainly try and squeeze into whatever new look has in!
I will try and accept them, I suppose it could be worse.
If you don't mind me asking where do you get your bras from? I can never find nice looking ones, just plain looking ones.

I used to have that problem, but La Senza, Ann Summers, and department stores such as the House of Fraser often have good ones. Gossard are brilliant, they cater for most sizes and they're always femenine and pretty. I used to have having to wear old fashioned things that resembled a catapult haha.

Yeah clothes make a lot of difference. A belt is your friend! If I'm wearing a smocky dress thing, I always make sure I belt it at the waist, if not it kind of just hangs off my boobs haha. A belt nips you in at the waist and shows off an hourglass silhouette. I'd recommend a vintage style, like some of these things. I don't know what your personal style is, but I find femenine dresses with little belts and simple classic accessories make the best of what I have. :smile:

With a thin leather belt it would look lovely.

Another thing I'd recommend is simple, understated colours. I'd avoid neon pinks, bright turqouise (sp?) and yellow and the like. Go for classic staple colours, such as blacks, whites, nudes, navy blues, reds and some pastels, and you'll give off a girly, femenine look that's classy and sophisticated.
(edited 13 years ago)
i am 5"4/5 and i'm an F cup with 30 back and i really don't have a problem, i'm 18 too so i think it just depends on the person, they also don't hurt me often except a bit of neck pain and am dreading the day they they start hurting more! also i feel your pain, when i was younger my friends used to tease me because they were big and i also used to wear the wrong size bra so they were a little "droopy".. and it really knocked my confidence even though they were supposed to be my friends... i only recently got over it and love my figure.

la senza bras ae lovely and also try figleaves... i personally think big boobs look better in bras, the DD+ models on la senza look much nicer than the A-D models (no offence) just because they fill it out more.

what i found knocked my confidence also when i was younger was that there is A LOT of attention for people who are insecure over small boobs, but hardly any reassurance for those insecure about big ones (even though there are plenty out there) and because of that i always read/heard/saw things knocking big boobs so people felt better about small boobs, but that really hurt my confidence too, people just don't think.

also with clothes - i've found if they have a high neckline (except for good fits/t-shirts) it can make you look kind of frumpy... so i always go for a lower neck. also looks more feminine. i'm a size 10 on top even with my boobs and a lot of it down to freeing up some space and not having necklines literally right below my neck... i'm not talking about boobs popping out (if you feel like that you can always wear a vest/tank top/cami underneath) but just a bit lower.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
hi i know the feeeling! im nearly 20 and a 28ff/g so have the same problem as you easy ways to help it are
* exercise but always wear a sports bra appropriate for exercise (stops them getting injured)
it wont make them smaller but will help firm them up and might help with sagging(not too certain about this)

* get a good firming moisturizer (i used palmers cocoa butter firming one) and maybe one for stretch marks

* get a proper bra fitting (bravissimo are the best for larger busts) and if they get swollen when your on your period consider getting another bra thats well fitting for then too

* the next advice i have isnt going to help your breasts any but it will help you be more comfortable with them when naked, stand in front of a mirror naked everyday and look at your body eventually you will feel more confident about it

lastly please think long and hard about reductions and lifting as there not reversible and can be very painfull and dont always work. your breast change shape and size throughout your life so reduction isnt always perminant. also if it goes wrong it can leave them in a very bad state that isnt attractive or comfortable.

most (decent) guys wont care if there a bit squishy or saggy cos every girl ends up in the same position sonner or later and they are usually too excited to be notice it anyway.

im only speaking from my experiance but the tips ive given you help me so might be worth a try
Reply 17
I have to say, as a guy, that large natural breasts are definitely attractive. Of course, all boobs are attractive, no matter the size.

Obviously I don't wear bras myself, but I know that Bravissimo caters specifically to larger breasted women. I can say from experience that many of their products look fantastic when worn...
My breasts are 44EE and having already had a child, I can say it definately doesnt help. sorry everyone. My breasts are now so saggy I cant bear to look at them. Im 2/3 sizes bigger on top, cant wear nice tops and men stare at my breasts not my face which as a reserved person who doesnt like being the centre of attention, very difficult. I didnt breastfeed because I couldnt face trying to breastfeed. I hate them so much. NHS wont give me surgery and I cant afford it, so Im stuck and another pregnancy will only make them bigger which along with a bump I can tell you is horrid with the weight. I sympethise ladies.
Bravissimo is great. I can't even find bras my size in most stores, lol, but the staff are always really nice there and you can get properly fitted and such (though beware, a lot of people I know get a size up from their usual in Bravissimo from their sizing, so don't let that make you think 'omg I'm bigger than I thought I was').

You said you're only unhappy when you take your bra off - surely scars there would be less attractive than having larger breasts? And to echo what everyone else has said, any guy/girl wouldn't care by the time you're naked with them, so don't worry about it!

Latest