The Student Room Group

Two young girls raped by 6 footballers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
I'm surprised no one said jailbait yet.
Reply 161
12 years old? Disgusting. At 12 I was into Thundercats and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. What were these footballers thinking? And what were these 12 year olds thinking? Do girls aged 12 need sex?
(edited 13 years ago)
Be fair it is the Reading academy they had no future anyway.
absolutely disgusting. the raped children..... 12 year old are children to me. no matter under which cirsumstances it happened. but footballers have a huge ego. they think the world is theirs. I was a cheerleader when I was younger for Berlin Thunder and the guys made me sick sometimes.
It could be worse. The girls did consent to it, or even rather encouraged the gang of six going by the wording of the article.
Original post by Cynthi007
absolutely disgusting. the raped children..... 12 year old are children to me. no matter under which cirsumstances it happened. but footballers have a huge ego. they think the world is theirs. I was a cheerleader when I was younger for Berlin Thunder and the guys made me sick sometimes.

I really don't see what the footballers' ego has to do with this.

The girls approached footballers, asked for sex, and said they were 16...
The judge's summing up sort of baffled me -

He said: "Having said that, it is clear to me that all of you were utterly reckless in what you did that night.

"These girls were entirely unknown to you. You saw these girls as willing sexual partners, which they were, and behaved towards them as if they were simply pieces of flesh, not people.
"By acting as you did, you will have confirmed in them twisted views of what sex is about and further entrenched in them thoroughly inappropriate behaviour."

It seems that he convicted them simply for being irresponsible. Not one part of his summing up points to anything illegal, though I'm sure that isn't the full summing up. Fortunately or unfortunately, there is no possible defence for a 16+ year old having sexual contact with a girl who is 12 or younger.
Original post by Jonty99
I really don't see what the footballers' ego has to do with this.

The girls approached footballers, asked for sex, and said they were 16...

that is the point. they didn´t queston it. even at the age of 16 they would have been too young.
Original post by Cynthi007
that is the point. they didn´t queston it. even at the age of 16 they would have been too young.

Why would they question it?

If you were about to have sex with a man, would you expect him to ask you for ID?
Reply 170
I dunno about you guys but I can tell a 12 year old apart from a 16 year old. If they were 14-15 I don't think it would really have been a public interest case since she instigated the whole thing, but 12 is just wrong.
Reply 171
Original post by Arenas123
I went to my dads work with him today and went for a walk with one of the nurses whom I've known for a few years. We ended up at that place with all the babies and you can look out at all of them.

Then I come home and read this ? I can't understand what happens to a girl in 11 years to make her go from the cute little babies I've seen today to become what this girl has become. It's absolutely vile.

Feel so sorry for the parents as well. I mean it has clearly been mentioned that the dad was trying to stop them from leaving. Imagine how he must feel ? He failed to stop his daughter from going out and she has sex with 5 men around 10 years older than her.

This kind of stuff makes me not want to have kids. Seriously, it's depressing as hell for me. I was overcome by baby fever today but never mind the fact some children become like this, how do you bring a child into a world that is even like this ?

I'm sat here in absolute disbelief at that article.

Kids grow up and start having sex. Is it really that shocking? Why does the idea of people having sex for enjoyment actually manage to depress you?
Reading again in the news for a similar story...
Original post by fredscarecrow
I know quite a few girls who I went to school with who were having sex at 12.
I know why the restrictions are there, but I know the girls I went to school with were perfectly in control and knew what they were doing, so it seems horrible that these men's lives have been ruined simply because they didn't check out the girls' ages properly.

And at my school now, I feel kids are learning about this younger than say people who are now 17+

Don't see how you confuse a 12 year old with a 16 year old, and more to the point if you're queuing for sex in a park no less...still all parties to blame if you ask me.
Reply 174
Original post by insoms
I have the same feelings but mine are directed at society and modern life. Its not the kids are different nowadays. Its our society thats making them act this way.
Or maybe it's just human nature...

Original post by insoms

For gods sake you're a child act like one. Kids really do have no childhood anymore I sound like a moaning old man but its true I'm only 18 and even I see it. MTV trash tv. All *******s.
Why should kids/teenagers conform to what your idea of childhood is?

Original post by insoms

tl;dr Stupid pop culture and society is engineering our children to be sexualised at younger and younger ages. I cringe to think what the state of play will be in 50 years time, comparing how much attitutes have changed over the last 50 years. What the hell will the future hold?? Kids having sex at 9???

Kids are only having sex younger because they are growing up faster. No one forced that 12 year old girl to go out and seek out sex, she did that out of her own free will. She actively organised and planned to go and have sex. At that age it is normal to feel urges, what's wrong with learning early and experimentation?
Reply 175
Original post by anti-duck
It seems that he convicted them simply for being irresponsible. Not one part of his summing up points to anything illegal, though I'm sure that isn't the full summing up. Fortunately or unfortunately, there is no possible defence for a 16+ year old having sexual contact with a girl who is 12 or younger.

True, the judge called them reckless, but reckless for what? Simply breaking the law. Nobody was harmed, if the parents hadn't realised they were missing nobody would have been the wiser and life would have gone on.
From a legal perspective I think this may be an area where perhaps the law hasn't caught up with current morality.

The rationale for the state of the law is that conceptually you must be able to think of an age where sex with someone of that age will always be wrong. Even if you don't think it should be 13, I would hope you'd agree that if you lower it down to 7, or 5 or 3 it would clearly be unacceptable in all circumstances. The law sets the boundary at 13. You can definitely argue this is too high, but where would you draw the line?

The reason it's set at 13 is that this is presumed to be around the age people start to be sexually mature - that they have sexual desires and motives. The law says that if they are younger it must be rape, because the child doesn't have the capacity to consent to sex. Perhaps you disagree.
i sooo didnt wanna read this, now i have this awful feeling in my stomach...............
Reply 178
Original post by TKC

Yeah but...this is just one sad injustice, imagine if that were an actual defence.
The "seriously lads, I thought she was 16" defence.

Of course I agree, but there must be room for exception in law, otherwise it becomes arbitrary.

Clealry all evidence points to one of these girls inviting 5 men over for one explicit reason. And I fully believe that the footballers thought they were of age. I can't see 6 random footballers deciding to risk it with 12 year olds for crying out loud. If there was doubt in the lads mind then maybe they could have checked harder, but really? Both the girls admitted to lieing about their age, and their actions speak for themselves.

At the end of the day, these lads lives have been ruined. By the little tarts, and by their own honesty. They didn't have to come forward, but they did when they realised the gravity of their actions. They should have had a slap on the wrist, not custodial sentences and a reputation besmerched for a lifetime!
Reply 179
unbelievable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending