The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Stefan1991
Whatever she says, still doesn't prove it's wrong.

So are you saying its right? Majority of people know its wrong. If you think its right theres seriously something wrong with you.
Out of interest, in what ways has it damaged you?

How do you think sexual abuse would damage someone?
Reply 22
Original post by Quixoticelixer
I've had thoughts about your mum, does that count?

Lol seriously?

Incest - sexual intercourse between persons too closely related to marry (as between a parent and a child)

unless you are related then no.
Reply 23
Original post by 123-ABC
So are you saying its right? Majority of people know its wrong. If you think its right theres seriously something wrong with you.

Course, there's nothing wrong with it. Just because the majority of people say so doesn't make a difference, that's argumentum ad populum, a logical fallacy. A majority of people voted labour in 1997, it doesn't make it right.

Why does it mean there's something wrong with me? :s-smilie:
Reply 24
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
How do you think sexual abuse would damage someone?

That's not really an answer....
Original post by Deema
No. I can't even see men who look like any member of my family as sexually attractive, even if it's just their personality. Physical resemblance would make me feel sick.

That's not exactly usual either.
Original post by 123-ABC
Lol seriously?

Incest - sexual intercourse between persons too closely related to marry (as between a parent and a child)

unless you are related then no.

It's a joke :wink:
Reply 27
To the OP, obviously nobody is going to admit that they have incestuous tendencies, much like how you wouldn't have admitted you were homosexual in the 1950s . People are prejudiced.
Reply 28
Course, there's nothing wrong with it. Just because the majority of people say so doesn't make a difference, that's argumentum ad populum, a logical fallacy. A majority of people voted labour in 1997, it doesn't make it right.

Why does it mean there's something wrong with me? :s-smilie:

Okay so you would find it okay if you had a brother and a sister in a relationship? Its sick at the end of the day. Most people would say so, even if its right like you say so many people would feel uncomfortable with it and also theres a chance of the children coming out deformed. Also religious reasons, for some. Theres many people out there, why do it with a family member?
Reply 29
Original post by Quixoticelixer
It's a joke :wink:

right :smile:
No, not sexually attracted to anyone in my immediate family. But I'll prob be the first one here to admit I have a very strong father-complex (I think it's called the Electra complex? The opposite of Oedipus one?) Not physically in any way, but mentally the guys I fall for are very much like my father (intellectual, quiet), and one of my fantasies is and remains a business man still wearing his suit and tie.

And when I was a lot younger (by that I mean until around 13-14) I had a crush on one of my cousins. We see each other rarely, so maybe that has to do with it.

EDIT: PS: I also want to add that this complex I've noticed is often unconscious, but is still there. Once, a friend and I were watching Old Boy (a Korean movie involving the incestuous relationship between a daughter and her father (though they had no clue who they were to each other [raised away from her dad]) and she seemed completely disgusted and stuff.
The next day we were playing sims and she was creating "her ideal husband", and the further she got into it, the further I noticed a striking resemblance... to her father. When I told her she was shocked but then had to admit it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by 123-ABC
Okay so you would find it okay if you had a brother and a sister in a relationship?
It's none of my business who my siblings go out with, I don't go around telling my sister who and who not to date.

Original post by 123-ABC

Its sick at the end of the day. Most people would say so, even if its right like you say so many people would feel uncomfortable with it and also theres a chance of the children coming out deformed.
What do you mean by "sick"? I'm sure many people find homosexual relationships uncomfortable, but that still doesn't make them wrong.

Original post by 123-ABC

Also religious reasons, for some. Theres many people out there, why do it with a family member?
Sounds like a pretty similar argument used against homosexuality, I'm guessing you are a homophobe? The answer is, why not?
Reply 32
It's none of my business who my siblings go out with, I don't go around telling my sister who and who not to date.

Obviously it isnt, but would you feel comfortable with it?

What do you mean by "sick"? I'm sure many people find homosexual relationships uncomfortable, but that still doesn't make them wrong.

Obviously, there are alot of Homosexual relationships, how does that relate to incest? They arent dating family members. I cant see incest becoming so common. Can you?

Sounds like a pretty similar argument used against homosexuality, I'm guessing you are a homophobe? The answer is, why not?

Um no Im not a homophobe, its different to incest like I said. I just dont see how you think its acceptable, you can find different peoples answers to why they think it wrong. Im saying it wrong, if you think its right fine, but I know you wouldnt do it

I dont see how you can say its right, but whatever. everyone has their own opinion, its not of my business but you know what I think of it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Le Récamier
No, not sexually attracted to anyone in my immediate family. But I'll prob be the first one here to admit I have a very strong father-complex (I think it's called the Electra complex? The opposite of Oedipus one?) Not physically in any way, but mentally the guys I fall for are very much like my father (intellectual, quiet), and one of my fantasies is and remains a business man still wearing his suit and tie.

And when I was a lot younger (by that I mean until around 13-14) I had a crush on one of my cousins. We see each other rarely, so maybe that has to do with it.

EDIT: PS: I also want to add that this complex I've noticed is often unconscious, but is still there. Once, a friend and I were watching Old Boy (a Korean movie involving the incestuous relationship between a daughter and her father (though they had no clue who they were to each other [raised away from her dad]) and she seemed completely disgusted and stuff.
The next day we were playing sims and she was creating "her ideal husband", and the further she got into it, the further I noticed a striking resemblance... to her father. When I told her she was shocked but then had to admit it.

Sounds like the basis for a psychology study
Would you judge me if I answered 'yes'?
Reply 35
Original post by 123-ABC
Um no Im not a homophobe, its different to incest like I said. I just dont see how you think its acceptable, you can find different peoples answers to why they think it wrong. Im saying it wrong, if you think its right fine, but I know you wouldnt do it.

How is it different to homosexuality? You said incest is wrong because many people have a subjective opinion that it's sick, and many people are against it for religious reasons. That's exactly the same reason why homophobes hate homosexuality.

I wouldn't sleep with a man, because I'm heterosexual, still doesn't make it wrong just because I MYSELF don't like it.

Have you got a real reason for why it's wrong apart from because people are prejudiced?
Reply 36
Well, I have to admit when I was younger I did have some interesting thoughts about my elder sister after she came out of the shower...:colone:

Don't misunderstand, im not into incest at all, I certainly don't want a relationship with my sister, I just don't think its as "sick" as some people believe.

I think I can somewhat understand a brother-sister relationship, but i think child-parent relationships are just weird. :s-smilie:
Reply 37
Original post by 123-ABC
I dont see how you can say its right, but whatever. everyone has their own opinion, its not of my business but you know what I think of it.

Well, it's definitely not wrong. There has to be reason for it to be wrong, it can't just magically be wrong.

I'd be comfortable with it, why would it matter to me? :s-smilie:

Original post by 123-ABC

Obviously, there are alot of Homosexual relationships, how does that relate to incest? They arent dating family members. I cant see incest becoming so common. Can you?
Both are consensual relationships, you're saying the reasons incest is wrong doesn't apply to homosexuality because it's common?

So you're saying if incest was common it wouldn't be wrong anymore? Why would the amount of people doing it make a difference?

Original post by 123-ABC

Um no Im not a homophobe, its different to incest like I said.

How is it different?
Reply 38
How is it different to homosexuality? You said incest is wrong because many people have a subjective opinion that it's sick, and many people are against it for religious reasons. That's exactly the same reason why homophobes hate homosexuality.

I wouldn't sleep with a man, because I'm heterosexual, still doesn't make it wrong just because I MYSELF don't like it.

Have you got a real reason for why it's wrong apart from because people are prejudiced?

Yes but Im not against homosexuality, it is disliked but not as much as Incest, its totally different like I said as they arent actually with family members. Homosexuality It is accepted at the end of the day, incest isnt. Also like I said if the relationships progressed and they had children there is a chance they could be deformed, even if its low. Ive already gave my reasons, why I think are real but then again why would most people find it unacceptable accept the odd few like you? You still didnt answer whether you find it comfortable if you always seen two of your family members in the same house everyday in a relationship? I know I wouldnt be. Anyway like i said you can think its right if you want, I think its wrong n nobody will change that.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by 123-ABC
Yes but Im not against homosexuality, it is disliked but not as much as Incest, its totally different like I said as they arent actually with family members.
Why does it make a difference that they're family members and not make a difference when they're the same sex? Please explain how it's "totally different".

Original post by 123-ABC

Homosexuality It is accepted at the end of the day, incest isnt.

So you follow the sheep and believe whatever everyone else wants to believe? Think about it. Why are you really against it?

Original post by 123-ABC

Also like I said if the relationships progressed and they had children there is a chance they could be deformed, even if its low. Ive already gave my reasons, why I think are real but then again why would most people find it unacceptable accept the odd few like you?
The question is, why wouldn't they find it acceptable? Since there's no rational explanation it's quite clearly bigotry and prejudice. The deformed children argument is obviously not why you think it's wrong, so what is it?

Original post by 123-ABC

You still didnt answer whether you find it comfortable if you always seen two of your family members in the same house everyday in a relationship? I know I wouldnt be. Anyway like i said you can think its right if you want, I think its wrong n nobody will change that.
I did answer that, I said I'd be comfortable with it. Why wouldn't I? Why wouldn't you?

And if you don't actually have a logical reason for why you think it's wrong I find that quite worrying, there must be something wrong with you to believe such bizarre things.

Latest

Trending

Trending