The Student Room Group

Rebecca Black Cried Over Nasty Comments

Scroll to see replies

:colone:
Original post by ktlaurenroe
It's friedegg. No one should be upset today.
oh wait it's actually Saturday (after that is Sunday, fyi).

to be honest, her parents paid 2k for her to get a contract with some notoriously sh*tty money-grabbing music label, it's not like she's a genuinely talented artist who's worked for years to get a record deal, her "friend" told her about it and her parents paid for it. Rebecca chose the song she wanted to sing, too.
so I have little sympathy for her.

Oh come on, any 13 year old child who dreams of becoming a pop star would jump at any oppourtunity given to them. Heck any 13 year old child who dreams of being anything will jump at any chance for them to acheive that dream. They rarely think of the consequences.

I'm sure someone on here will now try and say "well when I was 13 I wasn't like that..." etc. but you're in the minority. She's acted like a typical naive teenager and she shouldn't be getting slaughtered for that. Plus if her parents were willing to pay **** loads of cash for it then it's perfectly possible they were pushing her into it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 62
Wow, some of you guys are heartless. The song is piece of crap, that much is true. Rebecca Black is not real news, that is even truer. But she did NOT deserve those comments and remarks. She's 13 for crying out loud. She was autotuned into oblivion, but her natural voice isn't even that bad and it's not her fault. This Ark Factory isn't a real label... it's a business. Rich parents get to spoil their rich kids and buy them a music video and a song. TBH, I don't think it's a bad idea, and if they had some talented writer/producers behind it, it would be great. You're making your child feel like a star for a little while... it's just a freak accident Friday went viral..

You are the type of people who post things like "thumbs up if justin beiber should die!!" on every youtube video. Makes me sick. Like WTF.

I had to get that off my chest.
Reply 63
Lmao the random black guy appeared randomly again :rofl:
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Shame you don't have any rep. Can't take you seriously at all.

Indeed, its hard to take someone seriously when they point out your own idiocy, but yeah, blame it on the rep - as long as you realise your retarded mistake, I'm happy :smile:

Now let's repeat; 'A few does not equate to 300 million people. A few does not equate to 300 million people :rolleyes:
Reply 65
she deserves the comments a hell of a lot more than she deserves the fame!
although she doesn't really deserve either

back when i was 13 all we did was smoke, drink and sleep around, none of this fame nonsense!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by EggmanD

Nasty comments are usually fully deserved, rarely does someone with real talent get abuse for no reason.

That's a subjective thing to say tbh. And whether she has talent or not is quite irrevelent here. All she did was make a song and video that many people consider to be bad, it's not some horrible crime that warrants comments like "She should just kill herself for this", which is just a vile and unnecessary thing to say. I don't understand what it is with some people not being able to just ignore things like that that they dislike, rather than make a hating song and dance about it all the time.
Reply 67
If I could do one thing, I would smash Auto-Tuneup, put the remains in a box, post the box to myself, rip the box open and smash it up some more.

In response to all the death threats; really? Do you not have anything better to do with your time, like finding some music to burn it out your ears? I suggest Sleigh Bells.
To be honest I don't understand why she is so surprised by the reaction towards the video. It doesn't matter if she did not actually write the song, but did it ever occur to her that singing a song with lyrics such as "gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal" and "saturday comes after friday" was going to go down well? Seriously, she should have known better than to sing a song like that, how was she expecting the public to react? Applaud her for creating such a musical masterpiece? Sure, some of the comments towards the song were bad for a 13 year old girl to hear, and I am in not way justifying them all I'm saying is that she should have thought twice before agreeing to sing the song.
Reply 70
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
That's a subjective thing to say tbh. And whether she has talent or not is quite irrevelent here. All she did was make a song and video that many people consider to be bad, it's not some horrible crime that warrants comments like "She should just kill herself for this", which is just a vile and unnecessary thing to say. I don't understand what it is with some people not being able to just ignore things like that that they dislike, rather than make a hating song and dance about it all the time.

You make it sound like millions are queuing up to shout in her face and spit on her whilst she is locked in the stocks...It takes a big man to write something like that on youtube. Until she shows proof of a letter sent to her house of someone threatening to kill her or merely suggesting ways to do it ill put it down to a load of 12 year olds jumping on the anonymous hate bandwagon throwing meaningless comments around for cheap laughs.

Meh, i dont really care too much to write an essay but at the end of the day the internet is an unforgiving format and if you write a song containing such moronic lyrics combined with such an offensive video then you would be deluded to think you'll get anything but abuse.
Original post by EggmanD
Ever heard of Autotune?

Original post by Doughnuts!!
:lolwut:

She's using crappy Auto-Tune and her voice is still whiny. Her voice sucks.

Most pop / r&b songs now use Autotune. It's not like will.i.am gets death threats, he gets famous and popular.
Anyway, there are videos of her signing. There's a bit in the video that the OP posted of her singing her national anthem and she has a lovely voice, especially for a 13 year old.
Reply 72
Why are we waiting for Friday? Have they come up with a way to make us forget this horrible song.
Reply 73
She gets stick whilst people blast out Labrynth "let the sun shine" as if it is any more meaningful.
Aren't the lyrics "Gonna go Down on Friday"

By any chance is Friday the name of a person?
Original post by Fragile_Illusions
Most pop / r&b songs now use Autotune. It's not like will.i.am gets death threats, he gets famous and popular.
Anyway, there are videos of her signing. There's a bit in the video that the OP posted of her singing her national anthem and she has a lovely voice, especially for a 13 year old.

Well, I despise Auto-Tune, hence why I don't listen to most of the stuff in the charts.

Yeah, I watched that vid after posting and I thought, "Hmm, she can actually sing pretty decently".
Original post by CharlieBee_90
You sure about that? The vast majority of children who attempt to become famous are pushed into it by their parents.

True. But the onus is on all who took part in the endeavor, so I have no sympathy for her. As for the people being a bit too extreme in their criticism of her, they're clearly idiots. But idiocy breeds idiocy....that's the situation they put her into, so what should they- or we- expect?

and we're perpetuating the situation by even giving a ****. There are bigger concerns in the world than a [privileged] girl who got famous for doing nothing, and doing this nothing without even an ounce of talent or intelligence, and now being criticised for it.
(edited 13 years ago)
the song is hilariously bad and the memes around it are hilariously funny.
it's not right to tell her to get an eating disorder or slit her wrists, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ9XIP6XNXs

http://www.viceland.com/wp/2011/03/life-after-rebecca-black/
I go away on holiday for two weeks and when I get back suddenly everyone's saying "Winning" and making jokes about Rebecca Black. WTF?!

But then again, last time I went traveling I heard Lady Gaga for the first time and thought it must be a jokey foreigner thing that Britain would never fall for...
Reply 79
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1367627/Simon-Cowell-loves-Rebecca-Blacks-YouTube-hit-Friday.html :rofl:

"Rebecca, from Orange County, in California, also told GMA how her dream is to duet with Justin Bieber.
She said: 'I have Bieber fever. I am in love with Justin Bieber.
'Just thinking about it gives me butterflies.'"

:lol:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest