The Student Room Group

Am I being Bullied?

Hello TSR. I am in the final year of my A Levels. The people in my class act immaturely and this really geat on my nerves. There is a girl in my class that always laugh whenever a teacher ask me to read. I have an accent, she has an accent too! I always ignore her and consider it banter but It is really getting to on my nerves. She does this EVERYTIME: I wanted to be rude to her and put her in her place but the thing is we talk to each other and she tells me some of her secrets Tsr, would you consider this bullying and waht would you do in this scenario?
if it were me i'd put her in her place but then again im not too patient..
well anything that someone does to make you feel bad is considered bullying. however, if she doesn't realise how it's making you feel maybe you should just tell her and see if she stops. if she confides in you then she probably considers you a good friend so, it's likely she'll listen to you. :smile:
Stick it in her pooper
Reply 4
I think I can actually sort of get what you mean. I've got someone a bit like that in one of my classes where most of the time he's one annoying little... grh! But then he can be normal and actually ask me questions and want help etc. But your person sounds a lot friendlier when she isn't mean.

So how about you bring it up with this person and see their reaction. If she listens and says she'll stop, then I think she might have been laughing without thinking. But if she suddenly turns on you when you're honest, then just forget her. Not worth it, and next time she laughs, if you think you can get away with it, throw a book at her. :wink:
Or bring it up with a teacher. (I prefer the book though...)

I hope this helped! :smile:
Reply 5
You talk to each other and she tells you her secrets.

It seems like you 2 are friends.

So if she laughs when you're about to read, it's probably just friendly banter.

Because I mean, what kind of bully would talk to you and tell you their secrets?
Reply 6
Maybe she laughs because she thinks your accent is cute? I have this friend with an accent and I can't help but laugh but it's because I absolutely lover her accent.
Well I bet everyone's got a case like this one. She's got her reasons and it's probably just because she's being encouraged and she's not being totally honest with you e.g. talks to you with great confidence and like a friend then at another time she's with someone else talking about you in a bitchy way (although perhaps not sorely meant). I wouldn't recommend calling it bullying. Just act like you don't care and be as nice as you can to her. Whatever joke she's playing on you will eventually cease because she'll feel bad (she's only human). I know this because I used to be exactly like her.
Reply 8
Original post by emeritus2011
if it were me i'd put her in her place but then again im not too patient..

I think this is the best option now. I would tell her about it but if she does not stop, I will give her something to laugh about.

Original post by qasidb
You talk to each other and she tells you her secrets.

It seems like you 2 are friends.

So if she laughs when you're about to read, it's probably just friendly banter.

Because I mean, what kind of bully would talk to you and tell you their secrets?

No, we are not friends. I do not trust her, she used to bitch about me and thought that I did not know.

Original post by Jepira4661
Maybe she laughs because she thinks your accent is cute? I have this friend with an accent and I can't help but laugh but it's because I absolutely lover her accent.

Yes, but she does not have to laugh out loud, she could just smile. What pisses me off the more is that everyone laughs with her as well. She cannot even speak proper English

Original post by whispercally
Well I bet everyone's got a case like this one. She's got her reasons and it's probably just because she's being encouraged and she's not being totally honest with you e.g. talks to you with great confidence and like a friend then at another time she's with someone else talking about you in a bitchy way (although perhaps not sorely meant). I wouldn't recommend calling it bullying. Just act like you don't care and be as nice as you can to her. Whatever joke she's playing on you will eventually cease because she'll feel bad (she's only human). I know this because I used to be exactly like her.

I told her off for it some time ago and she felt bad about it and even hugged me. I do not consider her truthworthy to be blatantly honest. It is not nice to make fun of people´s accent. I consider it mean and demeaning. Karma is a bitch though so I would give her the benefit of the doubt. As they say what goes around comes around
Bullying during A-levels? Whaaaaat...
Reply 10
Original post by mathew551
Bullying during A-levels? Whaaaaat...

:redface:
Reply 11
bump
No, you're just a wimp.

BAWWW STOP LAFFIN AT ME : ((( MISS, TEH GIRLS ARE PICKIN ON ME AGAIN : (((((((( ;___;

Smack her in the jaw or shut up.
Reply 13
you really are overreacting, "oh noes she made fun of my accent"

well instead of crying, when she reads why don't you banter back.

no it's not bullying, it's you being anti-social.
Reply 14
Kick her fooking head in after class. It is the only way that frail bitch will learn.
Reply 15
Original post by I am 12
Kick her fooking head in after class. It is the only way that frail bitch will learn.

I though it was just banter but with the posts on here, I would tell her the story of her life when next she tries it. Fucrrrking cow passed her boundary. Ferk sake, I was such a wimp. Ahhhhh!
Original post by Drumzilla
you really are overreacting, "oh noes she made fun of my accent"

well instead of crying, when she reads why don't you banter back.

no it's not bullying, it's you being anti-social.

Oh shush...

Original post by Pedrobear
No, you're just a wimp.

BAWWW STOP LAFFIN AT ME : ((( MISS, TEH GIRLS ARE PICKIN ON ME AGAIN : (((((((( ;___;

Smack her in the jaw or shut up.

Will do just that
Original post by Anonymous

Yes, but she does not have to laugh out loud, she could just smile. What pisses me off the more is that everyone laughs with her as well. She cannot even speak proper English

That's probably why it's funny in the first place.
Reply 17
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending