The Student Room Group

I'm 23 and single, but all my friend's are dating. What do I do, I feel quite lonely?

Ok, first of all, I'm not looking for sympathy. Basically, all my friend's (well, the close one's anyway) are in relationships, but I am the only one who is actually single. I am starting to feel neglected and lonely, but my friend's are all going out with their girlfriend's on a weekend, therefore I rarely get to see them any more. To be honest, I don't have the biggest social circle, but I have a handful of close friend's, and they are the friend's who are all dating now. Even my friend who is single the same as me, he recently met a girl on Blackberry messenger, got texting, and he's met up with her twice already. I mean he's not in a "relationship" yet, just going on dates with her, but he's the type who is desperate for a girlfriend. Don't get me wrong, I am not desperate for a girlfriend, I guess it's just seeing all my mates in relationships or dating that makes me feel like I would like someone too.

I am a reasonably good looking guy, probably above average in looks, I also have a good body, sense of humour, and overall I would say I'd be a good catch for someone, but it's just worked out that It hasn't happened that way yet. I was thinking of signing up to a dating site, but then I feel that that's for people who are desperate, or you have to be a total loser to want to go on a dating site.

anyway, any advice?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
flight to thailand, you'll feel like a king
You're 23, go out, get drunk and chase some tail. Plenty time to worry about relationships in the future.
they met on BBM .. ?
Reply 4
Original post by littlemissm

Original post by littlemissm
they met on BBM .. ?

Yes lol, why?
Reply 5
Original post by The_resurrection

Original post by The_resurrection
You're 23, go out, get drunk and chase some tail. Plenty time to worry about relationships in the future.

The thing is, I have hardly anyone to go out with! Because all my close friend's are in relationships or dating. I have had a couple of hook ups from friend's gf's friend's, but they were unsuccessful.
Original post by TheEnigmaUK
Yes lol, why?

Just surprised. You need someone's pin to add them, so by that logic you should know them when you add them. Cute though :smile:
Reply 7
I really don't get the whole "dating sites are for losers" thing. Most of my friends have met someone off a dating site at some point. Might have been true like 10 years ago, but dating sites are now a perfectly normal way to meet a partner.
Reply 8
From your qualities , I am sure that you can find the girls easily, just go out and try to get to know new people and have fun, you know girls love itttttttt =). I dont care about the look that much, well..look is first impression but girl can be bored if you're cute but boring. So go out and have fun dating a girl,im sure you will find someone nice soon =)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by bestofyou
flight to thailand, you'll feel like a king

hhmm, I am Thai girl, can you please define your comment ???
Reply 10
You should get "loser" tattooed on your forehead.

Grow up, get a pair of balls and take the bulls by the horns you complete jessie.
Whatever you do. Don't go on "Take Me Out".
Reply 12
Original post by Molly_16
hhmm, I am Thai girl, can you please define your comment ???

ME LIKEY MONEY

ME SUCKY SUCKY FOR 2 DOLLAH

Or perhaps he's referring to the thousands and thousands of women(/boys you can't tell with people from Thailand) who are desperate to fleece rich Westerners for all they're worth in exchange for a visa and a few blowjobs.
I think it's pretty socially acceptable to go on a dating website nowadays. It can be a good way to meet people with similar interests to yourself.
Reply 14
Just be contempt with yourself, girls aren't no magical creatures.
Reply 15
Original post by EsStupido
ME LIKEY MONEY

ME SUCKY SUCKY FOR 2 DOLLAH

Or perhaps he's referring to the thousands and thousands of women(/boys you can't tell with people from Thailand) who are desperate to fleece rich Westerners for all they're worth in exchange for a visa and a few blowjobs.

I know that there are many Thai girls do that but I think it is like a business deal. As some Westerner are willing to pay for those Thai girls because he can not get any girls in his country as well. So I think both of them should be blamed not only Thai girls.
Reply 16
Original post by TheEnigmaUK
Ok, first of all, I'm not looking for Basically, all my friend's (well, the close one's anyway) are in relationships, but I am the only one who is actually single. I am starting to feel neglected and lonely, but my friend's are all going out with their girlfriend's on a weekend, therefore I rarely get to see them any more. To be honest, I don't have the biggest social circle, but I have a handful of close friend's, and they are the friend's who are all dating now. Even my friend who is single the same as me, he recently met a girl on Blackberry messenger, got texting, and he's met up with her twice already. I mean he's not in a "relationship" yet, just going on dates with her, but he's the type who is desperate for a girlfriend. Don't get me wrong, I am not desperate for a girlfriend, I guess it's just seeing all my mates in relationships or dating that makes me feel like I would like someone too.

I am a reasonably good looking guy, probably above average in looks, I also have a good body, sense of humour, and overall I would say I'd be a good catch for someone, but it's just worked out that It hasn't happened that way yet. I was thinking of signing up to a dating site, but then I feel that that's for people who are desperate, or you have to be a total loser to want to go on a dating site.

anyway, any advice?

Do none of your friends ever go out anywhere with their gfs and their gfs mates as that would be a great opportunity to meet some girls if you went with them
Reply 17

You should get "loser" tattooed on your forehead.

Grow up, get a pair of balls and take the bulls by the horns you complete jessie.

I guess your profile name kind of defines you. If you have nothing constructive or helpful to answer with, then keep your juvenile comments to yourself. Thank you!
Reply 18
Well first of all, have you got a basement or attic?

Have you got a chain and padlock, or at least a tight rope?

Have you got some chloroform or at least done rophynol?

These are essential items.
Reply 19
Original post by st_23

Original post by st_23
Do none of your friends ever go out anywhere with their gfs and their gfs mates as that would be a great opportunity to meet some girls if you went with them

Yeah, but I have dated a couple of my friend's gf's friend's, and they were unsuccessful. I just didn't connect with them, and I'm not just going to get into a relationship for the sake of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending