The Student Room Group

Gaddafi forces has entered benghazi!!!!

BBC news link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12793919

Cease fire my arse!!

The rebels have managed to shoot down a govt fighter jet, Cameron sarkozy & un officials are meeting in Paris for what the their first move should be.

Gaddafi claims he's fighting al queeda (spelling?)..... Crazy fool! :rofl:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Even if he claims he's fighting Al Qaeda, it's still a no fly zone in the country. What a humungous idiot Gaddafi is, why agree to a ceasefire just to break it, especially with the **** that's about the be dumped on him.
The man is a pathetic excuse for a human being. I honestly can't wait for the day when I buy the newspaper and the front page declares: GADDAFI DEAD!
Reply 3
Well when it's all over I'm sure Tripoli will have a party.
Reply 4
Have to admire Gaddafi for sheer stubbornness and giving the two fingers to Western interests. Other dictators(and Mubarak) take note, this is how to quell a rebellion.
Reply 5
The West is actually powerless against Gaddafi unless we want a repeat of the Iraq situation
Reply 6
The hell did they shoot it down with?
Reply 7
Original post by FyreFight

When the rebels managed to take Benghazi and other places from govt forces, they took weapons, military vehicles and antiaircraft guns. They're old soviet ones, but the jets are also old soviet ones so they are able to shoot them down.
Reply 8

Egypt has been sending them heavy weapons.
Reply 9
Original post by Aj12
Egypt has been sending them heavy weapons.

I didn't know this! Well done Egypt!
Reply 10
Original post by U.S Lecce
I didn't know this! Well done Egypt!

Yup Saudi Arabia told them to do it. It helped them check Gadaffis forces a few days ago but it was not enough in the end.
Reply 11

Anti - Aircraft guns :smile:

These were sent by Egypt, great job!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by U.S Lecce
BBC news link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12793919

Cease fire my arse!!

The rebels have managed to shoot down a govt fighter jet, Cameron sarkozy & un officials are meeting in Paris for what the their first move should be.

Gaddafi claims he's fighting al queeda (spelling?)..... Crazy fool! :rofl:

No on Al Jazeera they said it was Qaddafi's forces who shot down an opposition fighter jet.
Reply 13
Apparently it's a rebel jet shot down by Gaddafi forces:confused:
This will most certainly be another Iraq because Gaddafi is still quite popular especially in western Libya. The rebels are most certainly defeated as any credible fighting force though should Benghazi be cleared completely.
Reply 15
Original post by 2ndClass
No on Al Jazeera they said it was Qaddafi's forces who shot down an opposition fighter jet.

Original post by 93M
Apparently it's a rebel jet shot down by Gaddafi forces:confused:

Same on sky??? :s-smilie:
LET'S DO THIS!

see sig for further info
Reply 17
Original post by Genocidal
This will most certainly be another Iraq because Gaddafi is still quite popular especially in western Libya. The rebels are most certainly defeated as any credible fighting force though should Benghazi be cleared completely.

Why?
Well it seems to be a rebel aircraft varying reports if it was shot down by rebels or loyalists. Anyway this has given Gadaffi the oppurtunity to bring about a ground assault on Benghazi now so cant really blame him its the rebels fault for breaking the rules- A no fly zone means for everyone involved in Libya war not just loyalist.
Reply 19
So if Gaddafi takes control of Benghazi its over, correct? What will happen if Benghazi is taken over before the West intervenes? Will they still intervene?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending