The Student Room Group

Trying to be a decent human being

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cuddlemonster
So you don't think I should tell her boyfriend about the kidnapping and about how dire the stalker really is? I should just go straight to the police?

Bear in mind an anonymous tip isn't an option as I'm the only one who knows (she hasn't even told her mum... kind of screwed).

Well sure tell him, but if he is resistant to doing anything about it, why include him?

Ultimately, if he is useless, you should still do something, and don't waste loads of time trying to go through him, or loads of energy having a pointless fight over it.

As for "straight to the police", better if you can get her to agree that calling the police is the best idea, but I would say, even if she doesn't want to - depending on the family, maybe you should tell her parents about it, or maybe just go to the police about it even if she doesn't want you to. You could go to them to ask for advice possibly if nothing else?

I just don't this situation should be left alone because it is potentially dangerous for her.

EDIT: Farewell stranger internet person, good luck I'm going to bed
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 21
So the ex-boyfriend is 17 too? Ask the girl and if it's okay (or if everyone already knows) tell everyone and then once everyone knows, no one will want to know him. If he does anything after that when everyone knows then everyone can tell her that she needs to ask for help from higher up (Not in a born-again kind of way).
Original post by True Ace
So the ex-boyfriend is 17 too? Ask the girl and if it's okay (or if everyone already knows) tell everyone and then once everyone knows, no one will want to know him. If he does anything after that when everyone knows then everyone can tell her that she needs to ask for help from higher up (Not in a born-again kind of way).

bizarre mental image of Zeus frying a creepy looking guy in a Fiat Punto... ****, I need sleep.

Thanks for your advice, sunshine. All this "being a productive member of society" business has earned me a nap.
Reply 23
Ex bf sounds like a complete ass. I'd definately get the police involved as she shouldnt have to put up with that. And the fact that her bf is ignoring it all and ignoring her too, she needs to get rid of him.

serious issues aside, do you actually talk like that?
Original post by Dream Weaver
serious issues aside, do you actually talk like that?

Only at parties.
Only at parties.

and internet forums

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending