The Student Room Group

Who got into St Olaves 6th Form?

f f
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got in....i'm doing Double Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Computing... :smile:
Reply 2
Hmmm...I think Mr Larkin...yh well I've got another friend from my school in Bromley and also a few from Newstead Wood
Reply 3
And btw...wah subjects you doing ??
Reply 4
i've got in
Reply 5
sdc

latin spanish french rs
Reply 6
Original post by livvy0606
sdc

latin spanish french rs

sdc? what school is that
Reply 7
o i got confused, i accidentally posted it on ur wall
st dunstans
Reply 8
o i got confused, i accidentally posted it on ur wall
st dunstans

Oh really some of my mates live in Catford u live near there?
Reply 9
yh kinda close to it, yh i think 3 or 4 ppl from my school got offers, but like 10 -15 applied
Reply 10
yh they're decent, not brillliant, probablynowhere as good as yours
4a*
5a
1b
Reply 11
Actually im expected 8 a stars 1a 2bs but realistally I expect to get 5 a stars and rest a’s, wow u got in but ur grades aren’t amazing but I guess u gt in because of the subjects u did, our year didn’t get the choice to do Spanish!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
yh thats what i think, cos like the other 2 from my school are predictd 8a* 2a
im not 100% un gonna go, cos im stupid compared to your year

yh i think its only external people.....
Reply 13
yh my school want me to stya, my school aint that brilliant, i have an academis choclarship and aint top of the class except in my a level choices, i got into dartford grammar to do IB and am considering it.
its hard
but i know olave's came 3rd or something, i think i'll go
but ppl in my schoool keep telling me your all really cocky and academic and are socially inept,
and im really sociable....
thanks for the compliment :smile:
Reply 14
lool thats cool, do your year have to go to the congratulations evening?
yh my school want me to stya, my school aint that brilliant, i have an academis choclarship and aint top of the class except in my a level choices, i got into dartford grammar to do IB and am considering it.
its hard
but i know olave's came 3rd or something, i think i'll go
but ppl in my schoool keep telling me your all really cocky and academic and are socially inept,
and im really sociable....
thanks for the compliment :smile:

I'm in Olaves' sixth form and tbh if you want to do Spanish it probably isn't the best place :/ olaves is definitely more science and maths orientated and the new external students tend to pick up the slack on the arts side. Regardless the school is amazing because of the people. When I got in I felt so much at home, there will be a group of people like you, you really can't generalise. The guys are friendly and the students are very diverse - there are the really geeky academic people but there are also those that are always out to have a good time.

And yes it is true, we are incredibly cocky and proud of it :smile:. There was a facebook hate group about the cockiness and in the end it got swamped by olavians and we were it's only members cept 5 people lol. It's not really a bad thing, we know we are in one of the best schools in the country and therefore some of the brightest students and proud to acknowledge that. Once you join olaves it doesn't matter what school you were in, you're now a part of the school, the cockiness tends to irritate other schools because they know we really are better than them :wink:
Reply 16
oh right, do u do spanish?
yh i know, thats why i think i got in, cos i swear everyone wants to do medicine or enginerring,
but i dont wanna reject the place and regret it, cos it is a really good school, its a bare hard decision.
oh right, do u do spanish?
yh i know, thats why i think i got in, cos i swear everyone wants to do medicine or enginerring,
but i dont wanna reject the place and regret it, cos it is a really good school, its a bare hard decision.

For me it was best decision I've ever made - but then I wasn't all that happy in my old school so it had be better.
It's good you're not gonna reject it straight off, think carefully about why you don't wanna go. The school is also a fantastic platform to get to the best unis cause they try to get the most from you. This year we had the highest ever number get into Oxbridge - 32.

No I dont do Spanish but I have a couple friends who do and cause it's a new subject that untill now was only taught in the sixth form theirs not that much support for it. It might get better in your year cause it's being introduced throughout the school now.

Almost everyone in the school will take maths or a science and over half the year does double maths. I myself did double maths and triple science plus critical thinking (6 ASs) and at least 10 others had the exact same subjects as me. And yeah nearly everyone doing English and arts subjects are all new students, mainly girls.
Reply 18
Yeah it is a top school, so that's why i want to go there
yes it probably will, well so the spanish teacher said....
yeah i thought so, wow thats a lot of subjects.....
its soooo hard!
thank you
i got in but they said i should take maths chemistry pe and english (i wanted to do bio chem socio and compuing) so i couldnt go there, so i go wilmington grammar for girls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending