The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The generic and very easy hatred of Diaby and Denilson is unbelievable. They are both talented and useful squad players.

The fact that injuries forced them into the starting line up for crucial match-ups is neither here nor there... they are decent players ho can come a long way if brought in properly.

It is not their fault that 3 trophy chances faltered any more than the rest of the squad.
I've alays thought Scott Parker would be an incredible asset to our team. Then, he's quite similar to Jack in his play... and maybe getting on a bit now.
I don't agree they are decent players, but I agree it's bot their fault they are playing; they don't deserve 'hatred' -- that should be directed at the manager if fans are disgusted with the situation.
Original post by RobbieC
I've alays thought Scott Parker would be an incredible asset to our team. Then, he's quite similar to Jack in his play... and maybe getting on a bit now.

I've been saying that for some time. We shouldve gone in' for him last summer
Original post by T.Adams VI
Toure captain?? lol.

Exactly how many times are you in the dressing room to know who is the most influential there?
I don't see a good reason why not, he's captain Arsenal before, was one of your best players, and has captained at City, he plays a good positon for a captain, is experienced. I don't see anything funny about it. :confused:

You need to lose the hostile attitude, I never said I was in the dressing room or claimed to know who was the most influential. I used overmars quote saying Wenger said there was no one in the dressing room to lift the team, that should be Fab. I merely said if Fab is not that figure why is he captain? Maybe Fab is the most influential, but judging by that statement he isn't influential enough. Vermalen seems to have the qualities of a captain, and the Belgium coach obviously thinks so too, so he is a candidate.
Reply 7205
Original post by RobbieC
The generic and very easy hatred of Diaby and Denilson is unbelievable. They are both talented and useful squad players.

The fact that injuries forced them into the starting line up for crucial match-ups is neither here nor there... they are decent players ho can come a long way if brought in properly.

It is not their fault that 3 trophy chances faltered any more than the rest of the squad.

I broadly agree, but I think the problem is that while they'd be brilliant squad players at most clubs, at Arsenal they're almost expected to have a first team stint every season. They're the kind of players I'd be happy to let play to let the first-teamers have a rest for a week, but not for a month or two (which is what they have to do because of injuries) because I don't think they're quite good enough.

Having said that, I don't know what the solution is. The only real way out would be for the first-teamers to get injured less. :dontknow:
Original post by Overmars
I don't agree they are decent players, but I agree it's bot their fault they are playing; they don't deserve 'hatred' -- that should be directed at the manager if fans are disgusted with the situation.
Unfortunately the manager doesn't deserve hatred either... He's doing an exceptonal job for the most part.

We do have some matters to address, certainly, but what Arsene is achieving - to compare it with those teams who are throwing money around insanely - is ridiculous.

It's fair to say that with the buys of Vermaelen and Arshavin, Arsene is willing to spend... but he won't bow to petulant calls for a 'World Class' striker by the virtue that they cost 30m.

We'd be a joke like Chelsea/Liverpool to do something like that.
Rambo starts :adore:
:biggrin:
Team:
Almunia; Sagna, Koscielny, Squillaci, Clichy; Nasri, Denilson, Wilshere, Ramsey, Arshavin; van Persie

Ramsey starts :biggrin:
Original post by Abiraleft
I broadly agree, but I think the problem is that while they'd be brilliant squad players at most clubs, at Arsenal they're almost expected to have a first team stint every season. They're the kind of players I'd be happy to let play to let the first-teamers have a rest for a week, but not for a month or two (which is what they have to do because of injuries) because I don't think they're quite good enough.

Having said that, I don't know what the solution is. The only real way out would be for the first-teamers to get injured less. :dontknow:
I think the solution is to pad the squad a little. Maybe remove some peripheral players to bring in someone of higher cost/salary, ensuring we are getting a couple of established players.

A perfect example would be to move along - say - Vela and Arshavin and bring in someone using the sale income/salary deficit. We could comfortably find someone of the quality of RVP for the 15-20m mark. We have some excellent young players who need the chance to play... but all our injury prone players, like RVP etc must be insured against...

It's sensible spending. I guess if players want to leave we should use those for the first exports...
Reply 7211
Original post by Psychotic546
Team:
Almunia; Sagna, Koscielny, Squillaci, Clichy; Nasri, Denilson, Wilshere, Ramsey, Arshavin; van Persie

Ramsey starts :biggrin:

:adore:
Reply 7212
So as predicted by T.Adams VI :biggrin:
Reply 7213
Original post by RobbieC
I think the solution is to pad the squad a little. Maybe remove some peripheral players to bring in someone of higher cost/salary, ensuring we are getting a couple of established players.

A perfect example would be to move along - say - Vela and Arshavin and bring in someone using the sale income/salary deficit. We could comfortably find someone of the quality of RVP for the 15-20m mark. We have some excellent young players who need the chance to play... but all our injury prone players, like RVP etc must be insured against...

It's sensible spending. I guess if players want to leave we should use those for the first exports...

I think the obvious problem there would be that there would be extremely few - if any - players of that quality (such that they are valued in the 15-20 mil range) who would be content to be backup. Unless they're players like Chamakh, who are disillusioned with a whole league. What I'd like is for some of the Academy players to step up to the point that they are good enough to be backup (like Eastmond was looking last season); this, however, is of course unpredictable, potential only being just that and no more.

EDIT: And at Ramsey starting - :party:
Original post by jit987
So as predicted by T.Adams VI :biggrin:

:yy:
Subs: Lehmann, Rosicky, Eboue, Gibbs, Chamakh, Miquel, Bendtner.

No Denilson? Interesting...
Reply 7216

That is cause he is starting..........

Finally Wenger listens to me about Ramsey, now lets see what the boy can do
marcusmerehay on Twitter: "Could the league be any closer at the moment? Everyone from Sunderland down is in a relegation battle as well as European hope!"

from BBC Sport

It is? Probably just made a massive dick of myself:colondollar:
Reply 7218
It's not on Star Sports. :emo:

Such a weak bench compared to normal :frown: does anyone have any links to streams? It's not even on the radio :/

Latest