The Student Room Group

God I Hate Her So Much

OK...

So there is this girl at my college who I absolutely cannot stand. In fact I LOATHE her, her voice, her name, her ****ing ugly face. Now, I don't consider myself to be a hateful person, you have to push a lot of boundaries to get me to dislike you and I tend to avoid confrontation. I do my best to be as respectful and poltite as possible to everyone I ever meet however since sharing classes with this girl in sixth form I have held so much hatred inside me that it is time to let it out. Let me explain why I dislike her so much. She is one of the most narcissistic, self-centred, selfish people I have ever met. She takes full advantage of the fact that I am naturally quite shy and quiet although I am capable of speaking up in class when I have something to contribute in discussions as well as making presentations and speeches. If I have something to say in class she'll immediately block me out and speak for me. If I answer a question that the teacher did not hear she will take the words out of my mouth and answer for me instead. When I presented something to the class last Friday she ripped me into threads, telling me to "speak up a bit please" before I was even able to give my speech. I ended up stuttering like the bloody King's Speech as she ruined my ****ing presentation and everything I had planned to say. I was so pissed off, god I wanted to slap her. Whats more, on a recent trip to Oxford, I had asked someone if my hair was looking messy due to the wind blowing my hair out, she had butted in saying "Isn't it always like that?". She is pushy and loud yet for some reason, everyone seems to adore this girl and worship her, students and teachers alike. I don't understand. They praise her for being beautiful but she looks average to me. They look to her as the brighest girl in the year whose going straight to Oxford but she just works hard, she doesn't possess natural intelligence and she isn't spontaneous. I know I sound like a mean bitch, but I just cannot express my anger in any other way. I just don't know how to stand up to this girl, shes literally taking over my life. I feel ostracized from everyone anyway, so theres no way I could get any one on my side. Anyone ever felt this way about someone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
OK...

So there is this girl at my college who I absolutely cannot stand. In fact I LOATHE her, her voice, her name, her ****ing ugly face. Now, I don't consider myself to be a hateful person, you have to push a lot of boundaries to get me to dislike you and I tend to avoid confrontation. I do my best to be as respectful and poltite as possible to everyone I ever meet however since sharing classes with this girl in sixth form I have held so much hatred inside me that it is time to let it out. Let me explain why I dislike her so much. She is one of the most narcissistic, self-centred, selfish people I have ever met. She takes full advantage of the fact that I am naturally quite shy and quiet although I am capable of speaking up in class when I have something to contribute in discussions as well as making presentations and speeches. If I have something to say in class she'll immediately block me out and speak for me. If I answer a question that the teacher did not hear she will take the words out of my mouth and answer for me instead. When I presented something to the class last Friday she ripped me into threads, telling me to "speak up a bit please" before I was even able to give my speech. I ended up stuttering like the bloody King's Speech as she ruined my ****ing presentation and everything I had planned to say. I was so pissed off, god I wanted to slap her. Whats more, on a recent trip to Oxford, I had asked someone if my hair was looking messy due to the wind blowing my hair out, she had butted in saying "Isn't it always like that?". She is pushy and loud yet for some reason, everyone seems to adore this girl and worship her, students and teachers alike. I don't understand. They praise her for being beautiful but she looks average to me. They look to her as the brighest girl in the year whose going straight to Oxford but she just works hard, she doesn't possess natural intelligence and she isn't spontaneous. I know I sound like a mean bitch, but I just cannot express my anger in any other way. I just don't know how to stand up to this girl, shes literally taking over my life. I feel ostracized from everyone anyway, so theres no way I could get any one on my side. Anyone ever felt this way about someone?

Become her bf and **** her in the ass so hard that you rip her anus to shreds, that'll teach her.
Your situation is no different to many encounters I have come across.

She is loud, a gob$hite as I'd of put it and she has a big personality. I am quite sure she doesn't like you for being smart and articulate but nonetheless you need to get on with it. Is this your final year?

I wouldn't get into a slanging match with hr in front of others, she would have experience regarding it.

Either that or you can body check her like that fat kid did with the little bully. :wink:
Reply 3
God has no gender, but probably hates you too.
Reply 4
I have the same personality type, I can be quite quiet but yet can get my views,presentations, and opinions across loud and clear to the group, but sometimes if I'm interrupted by silly things in the room i can get distracted and start stammering my words and then people trying to talk for me really winds me up.
Reply 5
Beat her to death with a sack filled with doorknobs.
Reply 6
Punch her in the face!
Reply 7
God forgives you.
OK...

Doesn't sound so bad haha! Everyone knows someone who they hate for no reason in particular, ok she teased you a bit but that doesn't sound too serious. Does she know you hate her or does she try and talk to you and stuff?
Reply 9
OK...

Before the bit in bold, I though you were a guy. You a girl OP?:eyeball:
Reply 10
Just tell her to **** off next time.
OK...

to be fair, i think working hard is a more admirable quality than being naturally talented.

however, the only way you're going to resolve this is to just answer back and youll probably gain a lot of respect from at least some of the people who you feel ostracized from. or you can put up with it and vent your anger on internet forums.
Sounds annoying, but don't take it too heavy. Just laugh it off.
Reply 13
Original post by sherlllll
Beat her to death with a sack filled with doorknobs.

I can top that.

Cut off her eyelids and feed her sleeping pills muhaha
Reply 14
Original post by T-Toe
I can top that.

Cut off her eyelids and feed her sleeping pills muhaha

Too far. :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Original post by sherlllll
Too far. :s-smilie:

:wink: I win
I know a girl (not much like dis but a bit) like dis, she constantly puts me down in front of people and then fawns over me, calling me her bes mate, her idol, her inspiration. I look on bemused as my attitude to her is indifferent/friendly distance, but she seems to be intent on wavering me between hatred and adoration. I could crush her rhetorically but I don't because all of our friends are in common and she's too delicate to take insults, so I'd be the baddie. But dass the life of a G I guess, just plant an egg of peace inside you and let it grow outwards; if you're happy with yourself and the world, nobody can hurt you.
sounds like you're jealous of her?
I used to be similar to you, but recently i think i have become more like this other girl, i am quite loud, and can some times be inconsiderate, although it is completely by accident, and if i found out i had this effect on someone i would be mortified and would want to help them become more confident. So, i think the best thing to do would be to ask her for a quiet word, and then tell her how you feel, there must be a reason why everyone likes her so much and i suspect it is because she is actually a bit nice (hopefully). If this is the case, she will try to treat you the way she should. Also, just a note of caution, if you do tell her she might explode, but then she will go home and think about it, and then come back in and be nice. I hope this works!
OK...

As another poster has said, getting into a slanging match is a bad idea if she's popular; you won't win, no matter how right you are (tried and tested and failed!). The best way is just to do it subtly - play her at her own game. Make sure your voice is heard first time and butt in when she's speaking/answering a question. You'll probably seem rude and her 'friends' will probably think bad of you for it, but at the end of the day, why should you care?

It sounds to me like a classic case of insecurity on her part. Those who feel the need to assert themselves over others tend to do so because they like the attention, which ultimately comes down to a lack of self-confidence, regardless of how confident she might appear on the outside. Someone who is confident in themselves is happy to take a back seat.

Or, have you considered the possibility that she might be jealous of you, for whatever reason? She might be intelligent and people might think she's beautiful, but that isn't everything, and she might not see herself as that.You might just have something that she doesn't (and I'm sure you're clever and pretty too). If you didn't worry her at all, she wouldn't put in so much effort to be nasty to you.

Also, think of some great quips in return for her sarcastic comments.

Oh, and work your ass off to get yourself into Oxford. You can't control whether she gets in or not (although if she comes across as extremely arrogant in the interview, it won't go down well!) but you certainly have control over your future.

I'm sure you've heard Eleanor Roosevelt's famous quotation before: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending