The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vms
I applied for Univ. On the useful links section it says University College but I highly doubt they'd accept me D: because I applied quite late into the game. How do you know the useful links section is accurate? thanks for the info though!!

I don't know it is accurate, they do have their disclaimers etc. but from general opinion most peoples colleges do appear under there only when they have an offer and have been allocated! Congrats! :wink:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Seentje
I was hoping John snow :tongue: I'm a bit more on the traditional side I guess. Anyone else on here going there?

I'm St Aidan's - I applied for Castle, but have since decided that I couldn't be dealing with wearing gowns twice a week anyway! :wink:

Original post by Hnk2401
Yea I haven't heard much about it either and there isn't much online so I'm intrigued to find out for myself. My only worry is that it might be a bit far out of town

It looks quite nice in the prospectus/ website, so I think I will like it :smile: Ah well I'm doing Science, so it is literally 5 mins from the Physics Dept, and from experience literally anywhere in Durham will take under 20 mins to get to! :smile:
Reply 4602
Original post by pianofluteftw
I don't know it is accurate, they do have their disclaimers etc. but from general opinion most peoples colleges do appear under there only when they have an offer and have been allocated! Congrats! :wink:

For you does it also say something along the lines of "your college allocation will appear on your ucas track blah blah"? Fingers-crossed! Does the college send you an email personally?? Sorry for bombarding you with silly questions, I'm just all excited now :tongue:
Reply 4603
Original post by Seentje
you never know, your Hogwarts dream might be coming to life :wink:

EEEE hopefully! :biggrin: :biggrin:
It's funny because I applied to Oxford and got assigned to New college where they filmed harry potter and after I found out I got rejected I started moping about the lack of harry potter-ness at other unis and then wahey turns out they filmed scenes at castle buahahahhaaha :tongue:

I'm a little hyper right now
Original post by vms
For you does it also say something along the lines of "your college allocation will appear on your ucas track blah blah"? Fingers-crossed! Does the college send you an email personally?? Sorry for bombarding you with silly questions, I'm just all excited now :tongue:

No - it doesn't usually change on UCAS track ever as far as I'm aware... it just said check UCAS for details of your offer. You are checking the AES aren't you? :smile:
Well most colleges send letters in the post rather than emails, which is of course rather frustrating in some respects!
No problem- I would be! :wink:
http://www.dur.ac.uk/aes/
Reply 4605
Original post by pianofluteftw
No - it doesn't usually change on UCAS track ever as far as I'm aware... it just said check UCAS for details of your offer. You are checking the AES aren't you? :smile:
Well most colleges send letters in the post rather than emails, which is of course rather frustrating in some respects!
No problem- I would be! :wink:
http://www.dur.ac.uk/aes/

Yup I checked it on AES but it said that ucas thingy ma bob on it. Considering I live in Hong Kong, post is going to take ages! Many thanks though!!
Does anyone know when you can start applying for accommodation. The website says to use AES, but when I log-on, there's nothing on accommodation?
Original post by vms
Yup I checked it on AES but it said that ucas thingy ma bob on it. Considering I live in Hong Kong, post is going to take ages! Many thanks though!!

Ah Well I bet yours will be confirmed via email and UCAS first (as post will be long!) But Congrats! :smile:
Reply 4608
Original post by Seasick Steve
Does anyone know when you can start applying for accommodation. The website says to use AES, but when I log-on, there's nothing on accommodation?

As far as I know, you only get forms for accommodation after results day in August, so they know exactly who's coming. Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by eve_m
As far as I know, you only get forms for accommodation after results day in August, so they know exactly who's coming. Hope that helps :smile:

OK thanks, I was worried I'd be too late in choosing a good room :smile:
Has anyone else not heard anything yet? I've applied for modern languages but my application hasn't evem been received by a college yet :frown:
Conditional from Durham. :woo:
Reply 4612
Original post by hellosophiec
I arrive at 14:50 for the Monday/Tuesday but in Collingwood!
Do you know how to get from the train station to the Uni? Hoping it's pretty close and in walking distance - or even better some kind of bus arrangements. I'm bound to get lost on foot.

I'm arriving at 15:50 for the Monday/Tuesday at Collingwood!! I'm hoping there's a bus...even if I have to pay, because there's no way I'll be able to find my way!! :smile:
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Conditional from Durham. :woo:

congrats!

may I ask you when you found out? during the week-end?? :colondollar:
Original post by lfallon
I'm arriving at 15:50 for the Monday/Tuesday at Collingwood!! I'm hoping there's a bus...even if I have to pay, because there's no way I'll be able to find my way!! :smile:

There'll be reps from each college at the station and a shuttle bus service up to the Hill colleges.
I'm missing the open day for castle unfortunately as I live in the US :frown: but i'm visiting on my own in about 3 weeks, anyone else in a similar situation?
Original post by playxsailxliv
I'm missing the open day for castle unfortunately as I live in the US :frown: but i'm visiting on my own in about 3 weeks, anyone else in a similar situation?

Yep, I'm in Canada till Thursday so miss the open day by 2 days!!! What a pain! So I need to organise a seperate visit at another time :frown:
Original post by playxsailxliv

I'm in the U.S. too, so I won't be visiting at all before I get there. It's one of those places that I'm pretty confident I'll love, though, so I'm optimistic! Let us know how the trip goes!:biggrin:
Original post by yaredabestan

Original post by yaredabestan
congrats!

may I ask you when you found out? during the week-end?? :colondollar:

Thanks, I found out this friday. :smile:
Anybody attending the Anthropology open day on Tuesday Morning?

Latest