The Student Room Group

Gaddafi forces has entered benghazi!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by U.S Lecce
Uk, french and canadian jets to start campaign later today claims ductch pm. BBC news source.

I am all for a blitzkrieg of our Challenger 2 tanks into gaddafis gardens and lighting it up like christmas.
Original post by Hamesh
I'm sorry for being such an arse, I am very confused. :confused:

How has he managed to sustain this support from the largest city and capital of Libya (Tripoli) for this long amid all the controversy?

Honestly I have no idea. But an educated guess would lead me to assume a mass amount of brain washing similar to supporters of Stalin and Mussolini in the past.
Reply 42
Well French military jets have flown reconnaissance missions over "all Libyan territory" on Saturday, French military sources say.
Could this be the beginning of military intervention?
Reply 43
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
I am all for a blitzkrieg of our Challenger 2 tanks into gaddafis gardens and lighting it up like christmas.

It may come to that! Probably the black watch will be sent in if there has to be ground force intervention. I hope it doesn't go that far though.

It will be a good opportunity to see how our new eurofighters are in a dog fight and air assualts. Not that we should look at this situation that way though obviously.

Eurofight vs libyan MIG=no contest. Eurofighters will shoot them down like clay pigeons.
Reply 44
Original post by F_shakeey
Well French military jets have flown reconnaissance missions over "all Libyan territory" on Saturday, French military sources say.
Could this be the beginning of military intervention?

It is, the dutch pm hinted the uk, france and canada are to start the bombing campaign later today, once the reconnaissance jets have finished in a few hours.
Reply 45
Original post by Genocidal
Honestly I have no idea. But an educated guess would lead me to assume a mass amount of brain washing similar to supporters of Stalin and Mussolini in the past.

Perhaps. We'll have to wait & see what unfolds for Libya. Hopefully, it's good for the ordinary Libyan citizens :crossedf:
Thanks for answering and thanks Balagan. :smile:

Till then, :creep: out of this thread.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by bestofyou
why? Whats wrong with Gaddafi

Seriously? :eek:
Reply 47
Damn it's 15:11 i need to study!!!
Reply 48
It is, the dutch pm hinted the uk, france and canada are to start the bombing campaign later today, once the reconnaissance jets have finished in a few hours.

Well then Gaddifi is screwed :laugh:
Reply 49
Original post by ish90an
Have to admire Gaddafi for sheer stubbornness and giving the two fingers to Western interests. Other dictators(and Mubarak) take note, this is how to quell a rebellion.

He's done it before. The man is experienced and skilled as ****!
Original post by ish90an
Have to admire Gaddafi for sheer stubbornness and giving the two fingers to Western interests. Other dictators(and Mubarak) take note, this is how to quell a rebellion.

Quite; stubborn and effective oppression is most admirable.

Reply 51
Original post by Genocidal

Doubts. My good man, just because we don't agree with his attitude/way of governing a country, does not mean everyone else also disagrees. They were not brainwashed, like someone said before, most of the supporters are from his tribe :yep:
When the british and french planes go in, how are the rebels going to know they are UN planes and not gaddafi one? Because it seems that the plane shot down may have been a rebel plane, shot down by rebel fighters!!!!!!!

i was just thinking this lol
does seem likely western planes will be shot at
Reply 53
Original post by RadioHawk
i was just thinking this lol
does seem likely western planes will be shot at

I just found out that there may be special forces in libya already making sure things like this don't happen, i.e they are working with libyan rebels to help the jets bomb govt military targets, and stopping rebels shooting at the UN jets.

This is what they did in the 1990s with the bosnian wars, where sas/sbs troops used laser guided binoculars to help guide UN bombs on govt forces.
Reply 54
Original post by Aj12
Yup Saudi Arabia told them to do it. It helped them check Gadaffis forces a few days ago but it was not enough in the end.

So why are Saudi Arabia anti-Libya, but are sending troops to kill the protesters in Bahrain?
Did Gadaffi scam Saudi Arabia at some point?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 55
"1544: Activist group the Libyan Youth Movement tweets: "More conformations that people kidnapped across Libya namely Zwara and other areas to be used as human shields #Libya #Feb17""

Looks like he's going to make it very difficult for us to avoid civilian casualties. We could come out of this looking very bad :s-smilie:
Original post by Wick3d
Seriously? :eek:

I don't mind him, he supported us during the struggle. At the same time I don't mind his opposition, they are fighting a revolution, standing up to a dictator. I hope he stays in power but.

It angers me to see these western nations sticking their noses in it.
Reply 57
Original post by Logi
"1544: Activist group the Libyan Youth Movement tweets: "More conformations that people kidnapped across Libya namely Zwara and other areas to be used as human shields #Libya #Feb17""

Looks like he's going to make it very difficult for us to avoid civilian casualties. We could come out of this looking very bad :s-smilie:

Yeah this is what i was worried about, ground troop intervention is looking more and more likely now.

However if the rebels know that they have been kidnapped then they probably wont condem UN bombing, considering most if not all rebels are willing to die for their cause.

Truly a brave bunch these rebels, i hope they stick in and kick gaddafis ass!
Reply 58
Original post by Logi

So the people have been kidnapped to be used as human shields, or the people were kidnapped and are being used as human shields? If it's the former, how can they 'confirm' their purpose?
Reply 59
Original post by bestofyou
I don't mind him, he supported us during the struggle. At the same time I don't mind his opposition, they are fighting a revolution, standing up to a dictator. I hope he stays in power but.

It angers me to see these western nations sticking their noses in it.

You don't mind gaddafi? You mad?

Quick Reply

Latest