The Student Room Group

Guys who's bestfriend is a girl! - YOUR OPINION OR ANY GUY

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by joey11223
My best friend is female and lives with me. I don't tell her I love her, I think that might be a tad odd to end conversations with that, despite the fact that in a platonic way I do, but she is more like a sibling to me, just we don't argue like siblings seem to.

The hair and facial hair thing also seems rather odd...I certainly wouldn't do that.

We play fight quite a bit so that doesn't mean anything to me.

We don't talk on the phone since she lives with me but I tell her everything.

She's been single for a long time though often sees her ex and I imagine he'd like to be back with her, I got a girlfriend recently. We don't compare our partners/ex's to one another. We might joke about them or something but not comparisons.

People often assume we're together when out, but then again I'd probably assume it of two people together if I didn't think they were related and we lock arms on occasion while walking so I don't blame people for making assumptions.

We don't flirt, we'll use a ton of innuendo but it's not really aimed at each other much.

Seems to me he probably would take it further, some of those behaviours do seem a bit odd for platonic friendship.

fair enough ... :smile: any ideas on my ideas on my situation is it me just over reading things?
Reply 21
Original post by ChopinNocturne
The ones in bold are the ones that my guy best friend does with me, similar situation to you except I told him I liked him and that's kind of how we became so close...he didn't like me in the same way (I'm now completely over him and couldn't imagine going out with him, but that's an entirely different matter!) Basically my point is that he could like you but at the same time it could just be a best mates thing, and he is flirty with you in a jokey way because "it's entirely platonic". I would say talk to him about it though...I thought it would ruin our friendship so didn't for ages but actually it was a lot less awkward once it was out in the open and we were awkward for a couple of days and then were best mates again. Hope everything goes ok for you :smile:

I hope so too, he is really good looking..I wouldn't stand a chance oh well :frown:
Original post by her
I hope so too, he is really good looking..I wouldn't stand a chance oh well :frown:

Don't assume that just because of that he won't want you though, I mean he must like you a lot to be best friends with you! You could argue it's a very small step from that to a relationship :smile: But I would say that you have nothing to lose from talking to him about it if you're as close as you seem to be.
Original post by her
fair enough ... :smile: any ideas on my ideas on my situation is it me just over reading things?

The regular I love you and keeping a certain hair style for you seems to me to be odd for just a strong friendship. Also the being sure to meet your family but being embarrassed and wanting to show himself well....their approval is important to him...wonder why.

So when you "jokingly" flirt, how far can you take it? Personally from what you've said it seems to me he may well want to take it further, just needs the initiation from your side.
Reply 24
I asked him who I am to him ... He said his Love .. Love of his life
Reply 25
Original post by joey11223
The regular I love you and keeping a certain hair style for you seems to me to be odd for just a strong friendship. Also the being sure to meet your family but being embarrassed and wanting to show himself well....their approval is important to him...wonder why.

So when you "jokingly" flirt, how far can you take it? Personally from what you've said it seems to me he may well want to take it further, just needs the initiation from your side.

Original post by ChopinNocturne
Don't assume that just because of that he won't want you though, I mean he must like you a lot to be best friends with you! You could argue it's a very small step from that to a relationship :smile: But I would say that you have nothing to lose from talking to him about it if you're as close as you seem to be.

I asked him who I was (yesterday) to him... he said his love...then the love of his life :O loool my reaction was like :O then he said 'not like that...' so I said like what ? he kept quiet .... later on he I said something about my demonic staircases lool ... he randomly said 'awwww .. ly....i actually love you' awwwwwwwww my baby :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 26
SO? :colondollar:
Original post by her
LOL we are teens after all (ok 18)
:eek: I would've guessed you'd be somewhere around the lower end of your teens.

Ah well, nothing wrong in being excited. I think there is potential for you two. You'll never know if you dont try. Plus if it doesnt turn out the way you want you could both laugh/joke it off.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Smurf2.0
SO? :colondollar:

LOOOL thanks :smile:

Original post by ithoughtofthis
:eek: I would've guessed you'd be somewhere around the lower end of your teens.

Why do you say that?
Original post by her

Why do you say that?

Because you seemed very excited in your post and there were about 5 smilies per line.

Its not a bad thing, esp if you had that kind of energy in bed. :ninja:
:g:getmecoat:
Reply 30
Original post by her
My bestfriend is a guy and I like might even love him. I think maybe because I do like him I over read things. Hoping he feels the same. LOL sad huh :colondollar: But I just wanted to know what you guys think.

If its just me over reading things that's fine! I'll get over it haha. Just thought I'd read your views on this matter.

For example, if I don't call him or we are not in contact for awhile ie. a week he because very moany 'why haven't you called me..you neglected me...have you forgotten about me.. why did you forget me?'

Does his hair and facial hair like I like it :smile: And says 'I kept it for you' even when I don't notice he kept it!

Or when we are together we play fight a lot *ok normal*

When we are on the phone we talk for ages *normal* he literally tells me everything!

He says I'm the only one he allows to treat like rubbish (lol I really don't) :rolleyes::tongue:

He says 'I love you...love you...love you lots' at the end of every conversation

He met my mum but was embarrassed he wanted to make an impression on her, someone respectable (mum loves him) ....wants to meet my dad next week :confused: only God knows why!
[*]He compares his girlfriends to me..*normal right? I am his bf*HE IS SINGLE NOW

Everyone thinks we are going out or will do at some point *hopefully* lol :smile: :P

We do flirt a lot, a few sexual comments there and now!

His mum loves me, when we are on the phone she shouts in the background 'make sure you two don't have no babies' LOL we are teens after all (ok 18)

OK, the bold ones are what I'm like with my best friend. (Although the impressing my mum was more due to the fact that he's coming to stay with me over the summer so needed her to like him so he could come.)
As for the sexual comments between us.. They are far, far worse. Heck, I have a thing that when he annoys me I rub his crotch. Sounds very, very strange I know but it's a long-standing joke.
We have talked about a relationship because when we first meet each other we were a bit confused. We got on so well and are so similar that we each thought at first that we *liked* the other. But we figured it out after a week or so. You know the whole "soul mates" cliché? It applies to us but not in a girlfriend/boyfriend way. We're friends, we do actually call each other brother/sister because that's how it feels. Now our other close mutual friends understand us but nearly everybody else does think we're in a relationship because apparently it's impossible for a girl and a boy to be such good friends and not be in a relationship. :rolleyes:

As for your situation, I don't know. I mean we talk about everything (usually when we're cuddled up in bed, my head on his chest and we're holding hands... but seriously it is just platonic :tongue: ).
I don't know, maybe try to mention in passing that somebody thought you guys were together and what did he think of it?
That's how it first came up between us. His (now ex) girlfriend thought he was cheating on her with me, he mentioned that to me (this was towards the beginning and he knew he just wanted a platonic relationship by then but he wasn't sure what I wanted), I stared at him for about 30 seconds and then burst out laughing because it was completely unimaginable.
Of course, I'm hoping that in your case that won't happen, but maybe test the water like that and try to gauge his reaction....
Reply 31
A lot of my close friends are guys. I'd go as far to say most of my close friends are guys. I just get on with them better & enjoy their company.

But I have absolutely no, not even a tiny tiny bit, of 'like' for them as anything more than a friend. Seriously. Nothing.
Reply 32
Original post by ithoughtofthis
Because you seemed very excited in your post and there were about 5 smilies per line.

Its not a bad thing, esp if you had that kind of energy in bed. :ninja:
:g:getmecoat:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL maybe maybe :grin:

Original post by Hravan
OK, the bold ones are what I'm like with my best friend. (Although the impressing my mum was more due to the fact that he's coming to stay with me over the summer so needed her to like him so he could come.)
As for the sexual comments between us.. They are far, far worse. Heck, I have a thing that when he annoys me I rub his crotch. Sounds very, very strange I know but it's a long-standing joke.
We have talked about a relationship because when we first meet each other we were a bit confused. We got on so well and are so similar that we each thought at first that we *liked* the other. But we figured it out after a week or so. You know the whole "soul mates" cliché? It applies to us but not in a girlfriend/boyfriend way. We're friends, we do actually call each other brother/sister because that's how it feels. Now our other close mutual friends understand us but nearly everybody else does think we're in a relationship because apparently it's impossible for a girl and a boy to be such good friends and not be in a relationship. :rolleyes:

As for your situation, I don't know. I mean we talk about everything (usually when we're cuddled up in bed, my head on his chest and we're holding hands... but seriously it is just platonic :tongue: ).
I don't know, maybe try to mention in passing that somebody thought you guys were together and what did he think of it?
That's how it first came up between us. His (now ex) girlfriend thought he was cheating on her with me, he mentioned that to me (this was towards the beginning and he knew he just wanted a platonic relationship by then but he wasn't sure what I wanted), I stared at him for about 30 seconds and then burst out laughing because it was completely unimaginable.
Of course, I'm hoping that in your case that won't happen, but maybe test the water like that and try to gauge his reaction....

HOW CAN YOU NOT BE IN LOVE? Loooooooooooooooooool :colondollar: hunny you two will be together at some point .. *I hope* that is tooo sweet ^^
Reply 33
Original post by her

HOW CAN YOU NOT BE IN LOVE? Loooooooooooooooooool :colondollar: hunny you two will be together at some point .. *I hope* that is tooo sweet ^^

Ummm... Because he's like an annoying little brother sometimes and it would just be gross... :tongue:
Not to mention that I'm bi but lean towards girls and he's bi but leans towards boys... Actually, I think we're turning each other completely gay... :hmmmm:
Reply 34
Original post by Hravan
Ummm... Because he's like an annoying little brother sometimes and it would just be gross... :tongue:
Not to mention that I'm bi but lean towards girls and he's bi but leans towards boys... Actually, I think we're turning each other completely gay... :hmmmm:

OMG awwww but you two are so cute!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending