The Student Room Group

Two young girls raped by 6 footballers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by pippa90

I imagine she did it in the end because she felt pressured by her 'friend'. So yeah, she probably was forced, but emotionally not physically. You know what 12 year olds are like, they just want to fit in and often do stupid things that they'll regret later. Obviously people of all ages do this but especially at 12 you aren't going to have much of a voice and self-confidence.

Sure people do things they might later regret, it's called a learning experience. You do something you regret, then you learn from it. Maybe that reluctant girl has learned not to do what her friend tells her to. It's good because you learn from it.

You don't even know if that reluctant girl even did regret it, she was just reluctant at first. How do you know that she didn't end up enjoying it after all? It's a pretty huge assumption to say otherwise.
Original post by dennisraymondsmith
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3477297/Six-footballers-caged-for-rape.html

SIX footballers who had a midnight sex orgy in a park with two 12-year-old girls they treated "like pieces of flesh" have each been caged for two years.
A shocked court heard how they told of their "horror" when they discovered the girls were not 16 as they had claimed before all were charged with rape.

The schoolgirls had sneaked away from a family party and began exchanging suggestive texts with the men several of whom were part of the Reading FC football academy.

Judge Stephen John was told how one of the girls had texted the group to ask to be picked up, adding saucily: "We can have three each."

The six friends collected the pair in two Vauxhall Corsas and drove to a park in Reading, Berks, where one girl had sex with five of the men.

Horrified court officials heard how the girl called them over "one by one". The other girl had sex with one man.

The girls, who had been reported missing by one of their mothers, were later found wandering the streets at 2.20am by police and when asked what they were doing admitted they had had sex with a group of six men.

An appeal was launched to find those involved and soon all six men had handed themselves in and made full confessions.

Reading Crown Court heard all the men freely admitted having sex with the girls on February 21 last year, saying they had made "all the running" and had told them that they were 16.

Disgusted

The court heard they were said to have been "shocked and disgusted" to learn the true ages of the girls with one saying: "I've got a little sister about that age".

Courtney Amos, 19, Ashley Charles, 20, Dennis De Sousa, 18, Jahson Downes, 20, Jahvon Edwards, 19 and Luke Farrugia, 21, all admitted rape of a girl under the age of 13.

Downes is a former Reading FC academy player who until recently played for Basingstoke Town FC in Hampshire, while Ashley Charles also attended the academy.

Farrugia plays for Reading Town and Courtney Amos has completed two years of football coaching. The other two also play football for low division clubs.

Police analysis of the men's mobile phones showed one of the girls had been in touch with Edwards for a number of days.

When Edwards told her he was with five friends a message returned from the girl's phone saying "we can have three each" before a smiley face icon.

Prosecutor Alan Blake said: "The two girls left the family party surreptitiously, ducking down between parked cars so that one girl's father wouldn't see them leaving to meet the men.

"One girl said one of the males kept asking her for sex and she was initially reluctant but eventually gave into his persistence and she says only one male had sexual contact with her.

"The witnesses described how the boys went over to the other girl one at a time on the other side of the park and that she was calling them over and they were going one by one."

Defence lawyers, mitigating for the six defendants, described the case as "exceptional".

They highlighted the young girls' lies and said that if it had not been for their clients' honesty the Crown Prosecution Service would have had no case.

The judge also heard that the most active of the two girls mentioned in five of the six charges is being investigated over an unrelated false rape allegation and had a fake age on her Facebook page.

Martin Hooper, mitigating for both Charles and Downes, echoed comments by his fellow defence counsel that his clients' lives had been devastated by what happened that night.

Both had hoped to have careers in football coaching but were no longer able to because of sex offence restrictions.

Defending Mr de Sousa, Sheilagh Davies said that when officers told him the girls ages he was "disgusted" adding: "Oh my goodness. I have got a little sister about that age".

Judge John sentenced Downes, from Reading, Amos, of Caversham, Berks, Charles of Coley, Berks, De Sousa, of Tilehurst, Berks, and Edwards of West Reading, to be detained for two years in a Young Offenders' Institute. Farrugia, of West Reading, was sent to prison for two years.

He said: "Having said that, it is clear to me that all of you were utterly reckless in what you did that night.

"These girls were entirely unknown to you. You saw these girls as willing sexual partners, which they were, and behaved towards them as if they were simply pieces of flesh, not people.
"By acting as you did, you will have confirmed in them twisted views of what sex is about and further entrenched in them thoroughly inappropriate behaviour."

He said he accepted the leading girl was willing and, despite only being 12 years old, had not been a virgin at the time. The other, he said, was clearly more reluctant.

The judge added: "But no-one can ever tell what effect such an inappropriate experience can have on a girl of such an age.

"Experience shows that the effects can be long-lasting and they have the potential for impeding the normal process of growing up and of forming normal relationships with members of the opposite sex of an appropriate age."

That's not rape.
For ****'s sake
Reply 222
Original post by CookieDoughLove
Stuff like this pisses me off. So because they are little whores and lie about their age, it's the men that suffer? Maybe they should have kept their knickers on. What skanks.

I'm aware it's called statutory rape by the law, but technically it's not rape, they consented, they whipped their knickers off and spread their legs. If anything they should be bloody punished for luring the men into a false sense of security. Slags.

Exactly this.
Reply 223
Original post by forsaken_earth
That's not rape.
For ****'s sake

Its classed as statutory rape since the girls were under the age of consent, even though they consented to it.

Sad but true.
those girls are just :lolwut:

taking sket to a whole new level
Original post by forsaken_earth
That's not rape.
For ****'s sake

Yeah exactly, i know theyre under the age of 16 :rolleyes: but those girls wanted to sleep with those guys so im not really counting this as rape
Original post by Jonty99
Why would they question it?

If you were about to have sex with a man, would you expect him to ask you for ID?

would be better not to get in trouble sometimes. Many tennagers pretend being older.
Original post by Stefan1991
Why have you jumped to the conclusion that it must be a psychological problem. It sounds like some sort of Victorian age rationality, if a girl is enjoying sex, she must be mentally ill. :rolleyes:

What's morally wrong with tagteaming girls? Does it make it less immoral because it's in a park rather than a bedroom? I can't see how.

If they look old enough, sound old enough, act old enough, then they ARE old enough. There is fundamentally no difference between them and someone who's over-age. Explain to me what's the difference. Some people grow up and mature quicker.

She is 12...., a young girl being that sexually promiscious is a sign of child abuse.Simple underage fooling around ,not so much,but to be very keen on penetrative sex and actually be the instigator is not normal. Nothing of course is certain but it does need to be followed up by social services and the child perhaps being put on the at risk register.As she could be in danger at home or she could do this again and next time she might meet some men who leave her dead in a ditch when they are through. People would also raise questions about an older girl even a woman indulging in such risky behaviour, a gangbang with a group of men in a park, none of whom she was in a relationship with.

Indulging in animalistic rutting in a public place just shows how low society has gone. Even if these guys thought the girls were of age, it is an act of gross indecency and should be punished. Such moral decadance is a symptom of the vermin and subhumans who roam the streets of the UK thanks to liberal teaching, and morally corrupt media, a political class without backbone to take a moral stand, and a legal system that is not harsh enough to fill people with fear at the thought of prison.A gas chamber would be the best place of some of the as they are lost causes.

'if they look old enough, sound old enough, act old enough, then they ARE old enough' we have laws against underage sex for a reason. It is judged that people under that age are not mentally mature enough to cope with a sexual relationship. Perhaps the law needs to be looked at ,as we have a different society today, and girls seem to be going in to puberty earlier.But the law is the law and must be obeyed. In any case, I refuse to see the point in changing the law ,admitting defeat because society has been allowed to deteriorate into the third world toilet it is today in Britain. Politicians should be taking harsh but necesscary steps to remove the cancer.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by J_90
Horrible act. Why would you do **** like that when you're in the academy of a fairly good team too? Might just **** up their careers. Some people...

People are entitled to do what they want in their own free time?
They had been lied to and decieved into breaking the law.
Why is sex disgusting to you? I just find that odd. It's a natural bodily function. And it's not hurting anyone.

Why does it mean they have no respect for themselves? I used to sleep around a lot and I had lots of respect for myself, as I'm sure most people who sleep around do.

I don't have any views on sex per se, I just see it how it is.

When did I say that sex is disgusting? I just find that people who sleep around A LOT, and I mean a lot, not just one new person a week, shouldn't deserve a lot of respect. Condoms aren't 100% safe so they could be passing round god knows what.

Sure people do things they might later regret, it's called a learning experience. You do something you regret, then you learn from it. Maybe that reluctant girl has learned not to do what her friend tells her to. It's good because you learn from it.

You don't even know if that reluctant girl even did regret it, she was just reluctant at first. How do you know that she didn't end up enjoying it after all? It's a pretty huge assumption to say otherwise.

It's a pretty harsh way to learn that lesson though. Unless she was fully developed (doubtful) then it would have been pretty painful.

No I don't know that she regretted it, but a 12 year old girl who was reluctant to having sex but then 'gave in' doesn't sound great.
Reply 230
Original post by Ministerdonut
She is 12...., a young girl being that sexually promiscious is a sign of child abuse.
Since ALL sexual promiscuity at that age is called child abuse that is just a tautology. Doesn't mean anyone has actively 'abused' her in the literal, not legal, sense of the word.

As she could be in danger at home or she could do this again and next time she might meet some men who leave her dead in a ditch when they are through.
How ridiculous, so men who like having orgies automatically are prone to murder? What planet do you live on?

People would also raise questions about an older girl even a woman indulging in such risky behaviour, a gangbang with a group of men in a park, none of whom she was in a relationship with.
What was risky about it?

Indulging in animalistic rutting in a public place just shows how low society has gone. Even if these guys thought the girls were of age, it is an act of gross indecency and should be punished.
Punished for what exactly?

Such moral decadance is a symptom of the vermin and subhumans who roam the streets of the UK thanks to liberal teaching, and morally corrupt media, a political class without backbone to take a moral stand, and a legal system that is not harsh enough to fill people with fear at the thought of prison.A gas chamber would be the best place of some of the as they are lost causes.
It doesn't make sense that you are trying to dehumanise and demonise people who are doing a very human thing. The reason no one is taking a moral stand is because it has nothing to do with morality. I think you have been reading too much of the Daily Mail, buying into the claptrap that we are on a slippery slope into some sort of dystopian nightmare.

'if they look old enough, sound old enough, act old enough, then they ARE old enough' we have laws against underage sex for a reason. It is judged that people under that age are not mentally mature enough to cope with a sexual relationship. Perhaps the law needs to be looked at ,as we have a different society today, and girls seem to be going in to puberty earlier.But the law is the law and must be obeyed. In any case, I refuse to see the point in changing the law ,admitting defeat because society has been allowed to deteriorate into the third world toilet it is today in Britain. Politicians should be taking harsh but necessary steps to remove the cancer.

I agree the law is the law, but it should be based on morality based on rationality, not Victorian or Christian values.
Reply 231
Original post by pippa90
When did I say that sex is disgusting? I just find that people who sleep around A LOT, and I mean a lot, not just one new person a week, shouldn't deserve a lot of respect. Condoms aren't 100% safe so they could be passing round god knows what.
You said if someone sleeps with more than 1 person a week it's disgusting. I fail to see how, but of course that is just subjective, to you.

Condoms aren't 100% safe but aren't they around 98%? You'd have to have sex over 100 times with 100 different people for it begin to be a problem, but we don't all walk around with surgical masks incase we catch TB or a cold.

Original post by pippa90

It's a pretty harsh way to learn that lesson though. Unless she was fully developed (doubtful) then it would have been pretty painful.

No I don't know that she regretted it, but a 12 year old girl who was reluctant to having sex but then 'gave in' doesn't sound great.

Don't think we should infer things from how the Daily Mirror make things sound.
Reply 232
This is why we need to bring back the death penalty for rapists. These girls were probably just experimenting and flirting but are now scarred for life because of these paedophile rapists. Execute them all slowly and painfully.
Im going to ask for ID from now on.
Original post by CookieDoughLove
Stuff like this pisses me off. So because they are little whores and lie about their age, it's the men that suffer? Maybe they should have kept their knickers on. What skanks.

I'm aware it's called statutory rape by the law, but technically it's not rape, they consented, they whipped their knickers off and spread their legs. If anything they should be bloody punished for luring the men into a false sense of security. Slags.

What a disgusting thing to say about children. They're not even teenagers yet. They've been out of primary school for a year. Using language like 'whores' 'skanks' and 'slags' is offensive and misogynist at best, and when directed at children is just shocking. Shame on you.
Reply 235
If the girls were a year older and that happened in spain.. it would be no big deal, as the age for consent there is 13! :s-smilie:
You said if someone sleeps with more than 1 person a week it's disgusting. I fail to see how, but of course that is just subjective, to you.

Condoms aren't 100% safe but aren't they around 98%? You'd have to have sex over 100 times with 100 different people for it begin to be a problem, but we don't all walk around with surgical masks incase we catch TB or a cold.

Don't think we should infer things from how the Daily Mirror make things sound.

Let's say someone goes out 3 times a week, each of those times they have sex with 2 people, that's 6 people a week. Within a few months that'll be 100 people... And what if this was a woman and she got pregnant, she wouldn't have a clue who the dad is! Then the guy will have a child out there in the world and not know about it.

It's probably true, would you not imagine that most 12 year old girls would be reluctant to having sex? When I was 13 I remember thinking to myself that I only ever wanted to have sex to make babies haha :tongue:
Original post by missygeorgia
What a disgusting thing to say about children. They're not even teenagers yet. They've been out of primary school for a year. Using language like 'whores' 'skanks' and 'slags' is offensive and misogynist at best, and when directed at children is just shocking. Shame on you.

Well if they don't want to be labelled as such then maybe they should have kept their legs shut. At 12 they will know exactly what they are doing.
Reply 238
Original post by Suhayb08
If the girls were a year older and that happened in spain.. it would be no big deal, as the age for consent there is 13! :s-smilie:

Actually even in this country it wouldn't have been that big a deal if they were 13. The law says that if you have sex with someone between 13 and 16, but you believe them to be over 16, you haven't broken the law. But under 13 it doesn't matter if you think they are older, it's still breaking the law.
Immigrants? Whites? I'm a bit confused, are you even familiar with the term 'racist'?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending