The Student Room Group

LSE, UCL worth it?

is it worth it getting into really competitive unis such as LSE and UCL for economics?
or would it be better to go to good but not as competitive unis such as glasgow?
By going to a top uni does that mean i have to work so much more and have little time to chill?
If you can, then you've got nothing to lose by applying.
Reply 2
Original post by rajveers
is it worth it getting into really competitive unis such as LSE and UCL for economics?
or would it be better to go to good but not as competitive unis such as glasgow?
By going to a top uni does that mean i have to work so much more and have little time to chill?

Maybe you shouldn't apply to top uni's like UCL/LSE if you are questioning your ability to manage your time effectively between social and work life....

You make it sound like you're the one choosing ¬¬
Reply 4
ok, better question, say i put down first choice LSE, second choice UCL, third choice Glasgow, will Glasgow still give me the same offer if i had put them down as first choice?
i heard that they look at the list of preferences?
ok, better question, say i put down first choice LSE, second choice UCL, third choice Glasgow, will Glasgow still give me the same offer if i had put them down as first choice?

UCAS doesn't have a system like that. Its basically you put down all of you choice and they get sent to the universities you've applied to and they don't know what other choices you've put down or anything.

All they receive is your application, personal statement and references. :smile:

I hope that makes sense :smile:
Reply 6
thank god :L
Reply 7

There is no list of preferences. Glasgow won't know which other courses and uni's you've applied for.
Reply 8
Dear all,
Am a police officer with a decade long experience. Wanted to do MSc Comparative Politics in LSE. But they have given me a conditional offer for MSc Public Management and Governance(my second option). This program is just three year old. Some friends said its worth doing such course in LSE due to its brand value. Or should I apply for Violence and peace studies in SOAS? I am unable to decide. Can anyone help me out?
Reply 9
LSE and SOAS are both part of the University of London.

Since you are going to study at UL go for the course that you really want to do. It's not good to go for a course you are not very interested just because of the name.

SOAS is EXCELLENT in comparative studies due to its high research in Asia Africa and so forth.

It would be a good choice!

You can go for LSE IF the course is not significantly different.

Quick Reply

Latest