The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marcusmerehay

Man U are likely to be without their 3 first-choice CBs for their game at West Ham too - possible banana skin?

We got quite a few players to return by then, most importantly Vidic.
Reply 7381
Original post by T.Adams VI
As I'll exlain later, I'll sum up the match later, but their is a reason why sides like WBA put in their all against us, but roll over against sides like United.

It isn't knee-jerk, it's a thought I've been pondering over for a while, but for reasons different to most peoples.

What are your reasons? Out of interest?
Original post by Okinawa
What are your reasons? Out of interest?

Will explain later, the wums will be in here soon.
Reply 7383
Original post by In2deep
Thank you Almunia :congrats:

Wengers fault not his.
Reply 7384
Original post by In2deep
Come on ffs, this has nothing to do with West Brom.

1- We always concede ****ty goals, we almost always concede first.

2- Team now goes defensive, we have no ability to break them down.

Original post by neillya1
You keep calling yourself an Arsenal fan and claiming to know about football.

What I've realised now is that the reality is you know **** all about football, and you sure as hell aren't a proper Arsenal fan.

Seriously grow the **** up, this happens every year. It's not them "going after" us because we're a "big" team.... it's because the team are lacking the passion, they are on a poor run of form too. I'm sure if it was Everton/Liverpool/United/City/Spurs they'd be playing near enough the same game.

Nonsense. You talk garbage.

What did West Brom have to do with Alumunia cocking up? Did you expect them to pass it back to us?

Original post by Economist
wtf you on about, West Brom have done **** all, not their fault if we're a ****e side without Fabregas with Arsene's worst ever signing in CB and a ****wit GK

:adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore:

This is wonderful. There was a time when everything Rob said here was treated as gospel, it's great he has been found out :congrats:

No doubt he'll leave again now because no one likes him anymore :console:

Anyway, expected your result today and i'm not going to do my usual *****sh act. You're still in it, just about, but we're pretty sizable favourites now i'd say. Chelsea win tomorrow and they're 4 behind you...
Reply 7385
Original post by alex_hk90

Their 2nd goal was a mix up with Squillaci, so they messed up between themselves, yeah.

I miss sczney already man :frown:
Reply 7386
:indiff:

Good thing you didn't lose.
Reply 7387
Almunia AND Squillaci, lol, but Squillaci did make that block.

Tbh, i gave up believing in that match, even after RVP's goal the atmosphere didn't feel right, i always knew in the back of my head Utd will get a winner. Denilson- WOW- would love to know how many times he gave the ball away.
Reply 7388
The fact that Theo, Cesc and Song should all be back for the rest of our fixtures if highly encouraging. Perhaps we could even hope that the Swiss FA are right about Djourou. :sogood:
As I'll exlain later, I'll sum up the match later, but their is a reason why sides like WBA put in their all against us, but roll over against sides like United.

It isn't knee-jerk, it's a thought I've been pondering over for a while, but for reasons different to most peoples.

WBA are the only team to have picked up points at OT.

At the Hawthorns they dominated the game, they simply were undone at a set piece - one of their weaknesses which Arsenal werent able to/cant expose

Arsenal are bottlers, thats your explaination done for you
Almunia, Fabianski, Squillaci, Eboue, Denilson, Diaby and Bendtner.

Simply not good enough.
Reply 7391
JK.
OP
I think we certainly need a squad clear out; a decent back up keeper, get rid of the pish like Denilson, Squillaci et al. Do we need a new manager? I think it comes down to a number of things, but most importantly - how willing Wenger is to sort out the squad and who is available to come in and replace him.
Reply 7392

Simply not good enough.

Why do people blame Eboue even though he hardly plays in the games we lose.
Reply 7393

Simply not good enough.

agree with all, but eboue is good cover for sagna.
Tad unfair on Almunia....i mean he is no a top 4 goalie ...but still..not his fault that Wenger still persists with him..i hate the hate
Reply 7395
I knew Miguel should have started.

Squillaci - Worst Arsenal buy ever?
Reply 7396
Original post by JK.
I think we certainly need a squad clear out; a decent back up keeper, get rid of the pish like Denilson, Squillaci et al. Do we need a new manager? I think it comes down to a number of things, but most importantly - how willing Wenger is to sort out the squad and who is available to come in and replace him.

We do have a decent keeper - Fabianski. I think Arsenal's luck with injuries has simply reached a new low: where else do you have three out of four senior keepers out at once?
Reply 7397
i rate eboue!
Reply 7398
Eboue is more than decent cover for Sagna he has much more attacking threat.
Original post by vn2009
i rate eboue!

I don't.

Arsenal fans are so quick to forget how **** certain players. Wait till Eboue gets a run in the side, that should remind a few players how crap he is. We've suffered this same problem with Almunia for 6 years.

Latest