The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ca11ie
So glad to find someone else!! XD I know that there'll only be one other student on my course, but I was starting to worry that there was no one else in my year! =L

Vet medicine, my offer's AAA. Since I live in Scotland, I'm doing Advanced Highers not A levels, so I didn't have exams recently. This year I'm studying Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Spanish. How were your exams?

Ah yay!! :biggrin:

My exams were fine thanks..all nicely on track..just can't wait to go now!! Snap with Biology. I do Psychology, Sociology, English Lit/Lang and Film Studies.

I've only got another 3/4 people doing PPS and haven't found them yet but I hope a few of them that I saw during the interviews got in. They were so lovely :smile: Yay, so happy to talk to you!!We've both got nice offers too :smile:
Reply 1261
Original post by SamAndrews1
Ah yay!! :biggrin:

My exams were fine thanks..all nicely on track..just can't wait to go now!! Snap with Biology. I do Psychology, Sociology, English Lit/Lang and Film Studies.

I've only got another 3/4 people doing PPS and haven't found them yet but I hope a few of them that I saw during the interviews got in. They were so lovely :smile: Yay, so happy to talk to you!!We've both got nice offers too :smile:

Glad to talk to you too :smile:
And my offer is nice, but I think that part of the reason for that is that in Advanced Highers they don't do A*s (partly because Advanced Highers are a bit harder than A levels). However, they do have A band 1's, which are roughly equivalent, though they don't show up on your certificate and you need to ask your school whether you got an A band 1 or 2.
That said, I do have a friend with a harsh offer from Imperial: 2 A band 1's and 2 A band 2's so I think I got away quite lightly!
So why did you choose Sidney?
Reply 1262
Original post by Ca11ie
Anyone here got an offer for Sidney Sussex? :ciao:

Yep, I've also got an offer from Sidney.
Reply 1263
Original post by Zuzuzu
Yep, I've also got an offer from Sidney.

Hi! What subject's your offer for?
Reply 1264
Original post by Ca11ie
So glad to find someone else!! XD I know that there'll only be one other student on my course, but I was starting to worry that there was no one else in my year! =L

Vet medicine, my offer's AAA. Since I live in Scotland, I'm doing Advanced Highers not A levels, so I didn't have exams recently. This year I'm studying Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Spanish. How were your exams?

Oh my, wouldn't it be creepy if you WERE the only person in your year? :O You go to Cambridge and you're the only fresher and all the 2nd and 3rd years look at you in a strange way xD
How psycho-thriller would that be? :P

Original post by Ca11ie
Exactly how I feel! =L

hahaha, I'm trying to enjoy the happiness of having received an offer while it lasts... Right now it's one of the things that is keeping me motivated at school :smile:
Reply 1265
Original post by Ca11ie
Hi! What subject's your offer for?

Hi to you too, my offer's for maths. I would ask you what your subject was, but I've already read just up the page that it's vet med... :tongue:
Reply 1266
Original post by kpatb
Oh my, wouldn't it be creepy if you WERE the only person in your year? :O You go to Cambridge and you're the only fresher and all the 2nd and 3rd years look at you in a strange way xD
How psycho-thriller would that be? :P

That would be very awkward indeed! =L
But according to the admissions office, there is one other ved med student in my year. All they would tell me is she's female and from northern ireland but she doesn't seem to be on tsr =(

Original post by kpatb

hahaha, I'm trying to enjoy the happiness of having received an offer while it lasts... Right now it's one of the things that is keeping me motivated at school :smile:

Me too =s I keep telling myself that I can make my offer, but can't help worrying anyway. But an offer at Cambridge is a hell of a good motivation! =D

Which college and which subject is your offer for?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1267
Original post by Zuzuzu
Hi to you too, my offer's for maths. I would ask you what your subject was, but I've already read just up the page that it's vet med... :tongue:

So glad other future Sidney students exist, was starting to feel a bit lonely =P
So what conditions do u have? Mine is AAA (scottish advanced highers, so no A*'s).
Original post by jonnyboy1993
Hold on, I don't remember this, you have a broomstick... :lolwut:

If only this was the first time I've paid for a ride on someone's broomstick... :frown:

Original post by Jing_jing
It's just a temporary broomstick, I don't enjoy riding that much :tongue:

Ah, it's okay, I guess when your own broomstick is inadequate that's what you have to do!

I think I will lend you two 2 of my broomsticks so you can fly to here to chat instead of turning the 2012 applicant thread into a chat thread on an unrelated topic :tongue:
Original post by Hermione17
I think I will lend you two 2 of my broomsticks so you can fly to here to chat instead of turning the 2012 applicant thread into a chat thread on an unrelated topic :tongue:

Hermione, if you don't stop being so bossy I'm going to have to get my wand out and give you a jolly good seeing to.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Hermione, if you don't stop being so bossy I'm going to have to get my wand out and give you a jolly good seeing to.

Original post by comrade_jon

Oh, that was an awesome line and you know it. :pierre:

p.s. do you want in our skype chat?
Looooads of us offer holders have a chat going.
(edited 13 years ago)
Oh, that was an awesome line and you know it. :pierre:

p.s. do you want in our skype chat?
Looooads of us offer holders have a chat going.

I remain technologically uncomfortable within this field. Is Skype purely video chat?
No offence Portella, but you got owned. Wanna be History buds in October, comrade_jon?
I remain technologically uncomfortable within this field. Is Skype purely video chat?

Nah, just messaging. I mean, you can video chat/ voice chat, we just aren't :tongue:
The ones doing HP innuendoes on the other thread are in it too.

Original post by Harry S Truman
No offence Portella, but you got owned. Wanna be History buds in October, comrade_jon?

Original post by Harry S Truman

Sounds good to me. If you're in on this Skype nonsense then I will discuss it all there, if not send me a PM :biggrin: I've had to pick my papers so would be interesting to see what you've picked

Nah, just messaging. I mean, you can video chat/ voice chat, we just aren't :tongue:
The ones doing HP innuendoes on the other thread are in it too.

I've got an account it seems, never installed Skype though. If you could send me the details or link me whatever then merci
I've got an account it seems, never installed Skype though. If you could send me the details or link me whatever then merci

Download here
PM me your username or email and I'll add you.

Harry, you're welcome too.
Reply 1277
hi
i got an offer for medicine at peterhouse
anyone else doing the same thing next year?
Original post by dinat

Original post by dinat
hi
i got an offer for medicine at peterhouse
anyone else doing the same thing next year?

Medicine at murray edwards :biggrin:
Look forward to meeting everyone next year!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 1279
Original post by Bubbles2010
Medicine at murray edwards :biggrin:
Look forward to meeting everyone next year!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

ya me too

Quick Reply