The Student Room Group

Do you guys Facebook stalk the girls you like?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by flowermaster91

If i see a buff ting on fb, then the buff ting must be investigated :colonhash:

You'se well on a stalk ting. :yep:
Original post by addylad
You're well on a stalk ting. :yep:

i'm not :cry2:

it's just sometimes im on my mates wall then i notice a cute looking guy there...i like to call it investigating :ninja:

i'm not :cry2:

it's just sometimes im on my mates wall then i notice a cute looking guy there...i like to call it investigating :ninja:

Ahh I see, investigating is what we call it now? :ninja: Do you just observe or do you get involved?
Original post by addylad
Ahh I see, investigating is what we call it now? :ninja: Do you just observe or do you get involved?

Observe mate :ninja:

Observe mate :ninja:

And you've never been tempted to 'engage'?
Nope he doesn't have it.
Original post by Yawn11
To avoid that sinking feeling.

Or anything that could potentially make me feel jealous

Yeah same here tbh, when you go on their profile and discover they're no longer single- horrible feeling.
Original post by addylad
And you've never been tempted to 'engage'?

Nah, im not really that interested in them to do that plus i think it'll be kinda weird

Nah, im not really that interested in them to do that plus i think it'll be kinda weird

Not at all! :wink: Haha. Pos reppage.
I sometimes intend to but get bored after a minute or so.
Original post by Westie.
I do! Well, I'll rephrase that. I only lurk around the profiles of those who are socially disadvantaged.

Why socially disadvantaged?:confused:
Reply 31
Original post by DeepStar
Guys do!
My boyfriend admitted to stalking my profile everyday for 6 months before he even spoke to me! Also, I live with 3 guys and they do it all the time, checking out the recent pictures, recent 'likes' etc. Not many of them would admit it though lol

Ha ha! :p: So I take it knew who your boyfriend was before he spoke to you or...?
Reply 32
Nope, not even when i liked a girl.
Reply 33
Original post by Anonymous
Ha ha! :p: So I take it knew who your boyfriend was before he spoke to you or...?

Yes, we had met on nights out before through mutual friends and then we ended up at the same university, in the same halls :tongue:
I just throw books at their faces such as das kapital its a lot more more effective at getting their attention than a crappy little poke or BS message :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
Sometimes i might hook my **** out and have a ****.
The day facebook implements a stalker alert is the day facebook dies.
Original post by addylad
Not at all! :wink: Haha. Pos reppage.

cheers :ahee:
I have stalked girls who I've just met and had a bit of chemistry with, and am wondering whether to go out with them or not, thats a bit of facebook research really. In one case, I actually went off a girl who I had liked in person, because she seemed to post too many statuses on facebook, and had made 'notes' of all of those "answer 20 questions about yourself". I decided from that that she wasn't cool enough for me.

However if it's somebody I'm interested in, that isn't interested in me back, I will keep her on facebook but I block her statuses/photo updates etc from coming up on my news feed.

You just see things that make you feel jealous, even if it's fairly innocuous, eg seeing the girl in photos with a good looking guy, or seeing some new guy she has befriended starting posting on her wall with winks at the end of the message etc, and wondering if something is going on between them.

Then if she does go from being single to 'in a relationship' but doesn't say who with, you wonder is it for real, is it a joke, who is it with? Then her female friends all 'like' the status and write stuff like "oooh am I missin somethin? do tell xxx". You just think DIE DIE DIE.

The problem with facebook stalking is people think that its fun and think they are enjoying the power of being able to surreptitiously snoop on the object of their desire's profile, in reality you aren't seeing anything that they haven't allowed to be publicly viewable anyway, and if its stalking based on fancying someone who you're never going to go out with, then its just torturing yourself. It makes the process of getting over somebody a lot longer and more drawn out if you are stalking them, and you risk falling into relapse if you've got over them, and then 6 months later, their status goes to in a relationship and it makes you feel bad again.
I used to FB stalk my ex, who I still had a bit of a thing for for ages. Now I don't so much anymore, just because it's boring now and I'm over him now. Well, about 98% over him :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending