The Student Room Group

Rebecca Black Cried Over Nasty Comments

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pi!
If I could do one thing, I would smash Auto-Tuneup, put the remains in a box, post the box to myself, rip the box open and smash it up some more.

In response to all the death threats; really? Do you not have anything better to do with your time, like finding some music to burn it out your ears? I suggest Sleigh Bells.

And you'd still be able to use it because using computer forensics equipment you'd be able to salvage all the parts and take the data including the algorithms used and piece it back together.

The best way to get rid of autotune is to build a bonfire and stick them all on top :wink:
Reply 81
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
And you'd still be able to use it because using computer forensics equipment you'd be able to salvage all the parts and take the data including the algorithms used and piece it back together.

The best way to get rid of autotune is to build a bonfire and stick them all on top :wink:

At least I tried. :mad:

:wink:
Started to feel sorry for her until she said she has Bieber fever :colonhash:
Reply 83
Saying that she must cut herself and die is taking the piss. It is a step too far for any human being let alone a 13 year old girl
(edited 13 years ago)
Why the hell is the journalist reading nasty comments back to her? Unnecessary.
It sounded like the journalist wanted to make her cry. She was actually really mean.
Reply 86
Original post by mikeylfc1989
Am I the only one who thinks her song is dead good?

tbh There probably is some tune which just gets people addicted like many top 40 songs, and clearly dispite what people think of it the lyrics, that song has it all the way through.

And yes i am a geek, however i am not taking sound engineering so i will never know exactly what sound makes a song a hit.
Reply 87
The world has many talented female artists who can SING properly, who write GOOD lyrics and make BEAUTIFUL songs, yet Rebecca Black becomes famous? What is the world coming to?!

Reply 88
Original post by Luceria
Two adult people wrote the song. Which is just sad. All the other videos from ARK music featuring teenagers are rubbish as well. And always feature some random rapper.

Sorry I just have to remember to give you pos rep for your sig. :rofl:
Original post by CharlieBee_90
Oh come on, any 13 year old child who dreams of becoming a pop star would jump at any oppourtunity given to them. Heck any 13 year old child who dreams of being anything will jump at any chance for them to acheive that dream. They rarely think of the consequences.

I'm sure someone on here will now try and say "well when I was 13 I wasn't like that..." etc. but you're in the minority. She's acted like a typical naive teenager and she shouldn't be getting slaughtered for that. Plus if her parents were willing to pay **** loads of cash for it then it's perfectly possible they were pushing her into it.

Yeah, I'm not "slaughtering" her, the only thing I've made fun of is the song and she didn't even write it. All I said was why I wasn't sympathetic, and all of that still stands - she CHOSE to do it, and she chose that song over one about love, apparently. It doesn't matter whether she thought of the consequences or not, she still did it.
Also, the article I read on ONTD/Yahoo said she asked her parents to do it and her mum said she was "unsure" about the song and its lyrics but Rebecca said something like "I was just reading the lyrics they gave me".
Original post by CrazyBeautiful
True. But the onus is on all who took part in the endeavor, so I have no sympathy for her. As for the people being a bit too extreme in their criticism of her, they're clearly idiots. But idiocy breeds idiocy....that's the situation they put her into, so what should they- or we- expect?

and we're perpetuating the situation by even giving a ****. There are bigger concerns in the world than a [privileged] girl who got famous for doing nothing, and doing this nothing without even an ounce of talent or intelligence, and now being criticised for it.

You're right, there are bigger concerns in the world, there are also people who are more
deserving of the harsh 'criticism' she seems to be getting.
It's the internet, anonymity means people will say whatever they want, and the fact that her music is freaking terrible is unfortunately the majority opinion. I guess it doesn't help that she's being slammed by the press either. But then again she's a 13 year old with a song that's in the US iTunes top 30, so swings and roundabouts eh?
Reply 92
By all means slag the song off - its certainly not many people over the age of 10's cup of tea.

But to personally insult a 13 year old girl? Especially with stuff about self-harming to become prettier. You wouldn't do it in real life, its funny how many people become fearless when they're hiding behind a computer.

I do think she needs to develop a thicker skin and just learn to take this sort of depraved keyboard warrior mentality on the chin and realise that a lot of people who post so much on youtube are losers. On the other hand she is the one going out there, having fun and doing stuff secretly most of us wish we could've at 13. Most of my year at primary school wanted nothing more than to be better than the Spice Girls/Boyzone.
Original post by ktlaurenroe
Yeah, I'm not "slaughtering" her, the only thing I've made fun of is the song and she didn't even write it. All I said was why I wasn't sympathetic, and all of that still stands - she CHOSE to do it, and she chose that song over one about love, apparently. It doesn't matter whether she thought of the consequences or not, she still did it.
Also, the article I read on ONTD/Yahoo said she asked her parents to do it and her mum said she was "unsure" about the song and its lyrics but Rebecca said something like "I was just reading the lyrics they gave me".

I know you never 'slaughtered' her, but she doesn't deserve all this personal abuse since almost any other 13 year old would have made that choice. It's a stupid choice but then a lot of 13 year olds are stupid (a lot, not ALL - before any of you neg me!).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 94
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
If you are reading this Rebecca. I wish to inform you of a few things:

NO! It is Saturday.

NO! Sunday is next
and then Monday afterwards.

That is all :fyi:

see my sig for the new Rebecca Black meme I made.

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what a meme is and how it works.
Original post by CharlieBee_90
I know you never 'slaughtered' her, but she doesn't deserve all this abuse since almost any other 13 year old would have made that choice. It's a stupid choice but then a lot
of 13 year olds are stupid (a lot, not ALL - before any of you neg me!).

Okay, can I just say, not all 13 year olds are that naive. Yes, at 13, I probably did want to be a famous singer or something ridiculously unlikely like that, but if someone offered me the chance to record a single for 2k (which is what I believe she paid) I still would have said no, because I know I'm not a good singer but I can still wish I had that lifestyle. I honestly do think most 13 year olds (barring the ones who can actually sing obviously) would realise that too. Rebecca didn't, and sadly for her unlike the other terrible Ark music acts, she's paying for it.
Original post by thisisnew
Started to feel sorry for her until she said she has Bieber fever :colonhash:

Same, then she started being pathetic by begging Beiber via the national TV to have a duet wiht her. :P
Reply 97
This version is better.

this dude is better!

Original post by ktlaurenroe
Okay, can I just say, not all 13 year olds are that naive. Yes, at 13, I probably did want to be a famous singer or something ridiculously unlikely like that, but if someone offered me the chance to record a single for 2k (which is what I believe she paid) I still would have said no, because I know I'm not a good singer but I can still wish I had that lifestyle. I honestly do think most 13 year olds (barring the ones who can actually sing obviously) would realise that too. Rebecca didn't, and sadly for her unlike the other terrible Ark music acts, she's paying for it.

I did say not all. But these days you don't have to be able to sing well to be a popstar so she probably thought it would work out :dontknow: even so there are worse crimes than being naive and telling someone to cut herself is going a bit far and can be quite damaging to somone that age
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest