The Student Room Group

Rebecca Black Cried Over Nasty Comments

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CharlieBee_90
You're right, there are bigger concerns in the world, there are also people who are more
deserving of the harsh 'criticism' she seems to be getting.

Just because I have no sympathy for her, doesn't mean I agree with the harsh criticism she has received. As I said, idiocy breeds idiocy.

I'd rather she was ignored, so we could actually look at the music industry as it currently is with at least some degree of respect. But no, that's too easy :angry:
Reply 101
Hahahaha I love the trollage:

"Customer Reviews
Changed my life

by Yeaster
I was going through so much pain in my life and considered ending it all, but then I heard this song. You saved my life, Rebecca. Thank you for creating such an inspiring piece of music.

Instant Classic

by Sterling Jones
Reminds me of "Hey Jude" and Beethoven's Fifth."

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/friday/id426285657?i=426285688&v0=WWW-NAUS-ITSTOP100-SONGS&ign-mpt=uo%3D2
The song is horrendous, as is her overly autotuned voice... and most of the memes about it are quite funny.

But death threats and saying "cut yourself" and all that- not cool. Although she will learn in time to ignore people like that and realise they only do it to get a rise out of people.
Reply 104
Original post by 2ndClass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjFIzWjT5I4

OK some of the comments were funny, but telling her to cut herself to get "pretty" is a bit much for a 13 years old?

Just watching some of the video, I don't think she's 13 - her friends can drive a car. Well, they might be paedophiles I guess.

The interviewer wasn't too nice either, reminds me of when someone asked Nicola what she thought about being called the ugly one from Girls Aloud.
Original post by CharlieBee_90
I did say not all. But these days you don't have to be able to sing well to be a popstar so she probably thought it would work out :dontknow: even so there are worse crimes than being naive and telling someone to cut herself is going a bit far and can be quite damaging to somone that age

I see what you mean :/ I know, I agree the abuse she's getting is a lot worse than it should be.
Reply 106
I felt sorry for her until she mentioned she had Beiber fever
Reply 107
Original post by 2ndClass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjFIzWjT5I4

OK some of the comments were funny, but telling her to cut herself to get "pretty" is a bit much for a 13 years old?

The song is awful. However people seem to forget that behind the pointless lyrics and the generic beat, there's a little girl with feelings just like everyone else. Unfortunately people are dicks on the internet.
Reply 108

Nom nom nom nom
Worst song ever...
Reply 110
its a bad song. but to tell a thirteen year old girl to cut herself, is a despicable thing to say.
Lol go cut yourself, some stupid comments.
Reply 113
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Tbh though, isn't it just a typical teen pop song? So all the people over the age of 15 should quit being cruel since it's not even aimed at them anyway. Plus, I just found out her record label is full of young artists with this same sort of sound, so why is she the one on the spotlight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xHfRUW99aI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioOEBdIgQ5g

Yeh, I feel sorry for her. There are probably lots worse songs out there; Rebecca was just the unfortunate one who caught on. Also, people saying that she has to 'get over it' because all celebs need to be able to accept criticism; I doubt any celeb gets quite this much hate. Almost everybody is making fun of her, there is no positive attention at all.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Fandabidoze!
Perhaps she could fire back at the haters with the next song from her album, I Will Not Be Weekened.

thats the first time ive actually laughed out loud
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Tbh though, isn't it just a typical teen pop song? So all the people over the age of 15 should quit being cruel since it's not even aimed at them anyway. Plus, I just found out her record label is full of young artists with this same sort of sound, so why is she the one on the spotlight?

Totally agree, +rep
Reply 116
Original post by kiss_me_now9
At the end of the day she's still only 13. If this was said by a bully on the school playground, and a school didn't take any notice, everyone would be up in arms about it.

A few hundred years ago she'd probably have two kids by now. She's not a child, she needs to grow a backbone.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 117
Original post by Einheri
A few hundred years ago she'd probably have two kids by now. She's not a child, she needs to grow a backbone.

She is definitely a child. But yes, she's very naive.
I hate the haters. Sounds silly but I do. I don't mind a bit of banter or minor taking the piss, I mean you need to have a tough skin if you want to put yourself in the spotlight. But some people take it way too far. Telling her to kill herself? I mean really? You can say she has a bad voice if you want to, but suggesting she should self-harm is just a stupid and irresponsible thing to say to a teenager.
Reply 119
Original post by Luceria
She is definitely a child. But yes, she's very naive.

Well okay, child in the legal sense but she's of an age where she should be able to take an insult from random internet nerds without crying about it. If she wants to keep making awful music she needs to grow thicker skin.

Quick Reply

Latest