The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurenl93
Eh how did someone think I was you:confused:

Oh god, I'm now in love with St Andrews:love:
My interviewers were lovely! They didn't ask me anything tricky and made me feel at ease when I was all nervy when they asked the first question bless them, how was yours?

I ended up wearing a pink shirt and was given an earlier time lol It was just as we went in to read our articles and he was like "This is a weird question but are you from student room?" i said yeah but explained that i wasnt who he thought i was.

St andrews is great! But i got so nervous and couldnt stop talking so I'm not thinking it went too well :/
:teehee:

I was too chicken to ask if anyone was from TSR in my group. Everyone was so quiet when we were reading the article. I just had the biggest urge to start laughing or saying something stupid.

Alas, everyone seemed so focused on the article that no such conversation appeared :frown:
Original post by spacepirate-James

I was too chicken to ask if anyone was from TSR in my group. Everyone was so quiet when we were reading the article. I just had the biggest urge to start laughing or saying something stupid.

Alas, everyone seemed so focused on the article that no such conversation appeared :frown:

Nah, he was just quick enough to ask before we started reading :tongue: Mine was deadly silent too! But i'd forgotten to click on my pen before we started so i felt really awkward when i had to click it.

When was your interview?
Original post by JungleJen
Nah, he was just quick enough to ask before we started reading :tongue: Mine was deadly silent too! But i'd forgotten to click on my pen before we started so i felt really awkward when i had to click it.

When was your interview?

Mine was in November (I think).

There was this awkward moment when some people had forgotten to bring pens and had to break the silence. Obviously, all the girls came prepared with sleek pencil cases as such so they were fine.

How did you feel yours went?
Mine was in November (I think).

There was this awkward moment when some people had forgotten to bring pens and had to break the silence. Obviously, all the girls came prepared with sleek pencil cases as such so they were fine.

How did you feel yours went?

That's quite a while ago, have you heard back yet?
Lol i wasnt one like them. We were half way there and i suddenly remembered but thankfully mum had one in her handbag, what a lifesaver!
I dont think mine went that well. Some of it was good but i kept on getting things mixed up and couldnt stop talking at one point. How was yours? What was your article on?
I ended up wearing a pink shirt and was given an earlier time lol It was just as we went in to read our articles and he was like "This is a weird question but are you from student room?" i said yeah but explained that i wasnt who he thought i was.

St andrews is great! But i got so nervous and couldnt stop talking so I'm not thinking it went too well :/

Lmao i was wearing my pink shirt and turned up a little late... little weird that someone asked you if you were me that I don't know however that's funny :h:
I actually looked for you after i came back from my tour! but the girl giving my tour talked for aaaaaaages (but she was really lovely and helpful too) so i probs missed you :frown:
I went in to read trhe article and it was just silence and i started laughing :frown: plus my article was crap :frown:
Who were your interviewers?

It was silent when i was reading my article and i asked the woman where the toilets were just break it... i dont like awkward competitive silence :frown:

How did you think your interview went?
Original post by maemg
Do St.Andrews get their articles from the bbc health news section or are they from the student bmj and bmj magazines or are they completely random??

mine was from new scientist
Lmao i was wearing my pink shirt and turned up a little late... little weird that someone asked you if you were me that I don't know however that's funny :h:
I actually looked for you after i came back from my tour! but the girl giving my tour talked for aaaaaaages (but she was really lovely and helpful too) so i probs missed you :frown:
I went in to read trhe article and it was just silence and i started laughing :frown: plus my article was crap :frown:
Who were your interviewers?

Are you blonde? Pretty sure i saw you but it couldve been quite awkward had it not been, you know? I may not have stood out as someone getting interviewed cause i arrived in my normal clothes or i may have been in the toilets with my wardrobe malfunction.. not fun.

I honestly cant remember their names! But there was a cardology lady sitting in with 2 other ladies. One had really short hair and the other had longer darker hair in a ponytail or bun. Who did you have?

Are you blonde? Pretty sure i saw you but it couldve been quite awkward had it not been, you know? I may not have stood out as someone getting interviewed cause i arrived in my normal clothes or i may have been in the toilets with my wardrobe malfunction.. not fun.

I honestly cant remember their names! But there was a cardology lady sitting in with 2 other ladies. One had really short hair and the other had longer darker hair in a ponytail or bun. Who did you have?

Nono, i have brown hair but i was wearing a black pencil skirt and heels with my pinktop instead :smile: Haha what wardrobe malfunction did you have? I got changed in the toilets in the cafe i was at which was why i was nearly late for my interview.... plus i may have underestimated the amount of time it takes me to walk in heels :ninja:

My interviewers were really lovely, i had a woman and a man and the woman had a phd and worked at the med school and the man was a doctor :smile:

Reckon we'll have heard by this friday? I have a feeling yes :s-smilie::eek::frown::smile::biggrin::redface:
i dont knw what smilie to use for that decision :/
Nono, i have brown hair but i was wearing a black pencil skirt and heels with my pinktop instead :smile: Haha what wardrobe malfunction did you have? I got changed in the toilets in the cafe i was at which was why i was nearly late for my interview.... plus i may have underestimated the amount of time it takes me to walk in heels :ninja:

My interviewers were really lovely, i had a woman and a man and the woman had a phd and worked at the med school and the man was a doctor :smile:

Reckon we'll have heard by this friday? I have a feeling yes :s-smilie::eek::frown::smile::biggrin::redface:
i dont knw what smilie to use for that decision :/

Well.. my shirt didnt fit so i had to swap with my mum in the toilets. If anyone noticed I cant believe what they must've thought but we just found it hilarious! Heels really slow you down, it was pretty difficult trying to keep up with everyone on the tour - i felt pretty silly :colondollar:
That would be great to hear by friday whatever the outcome. I just want to know!
Have you heard from anywhere else? where did you apply?
Well.. my shirt didnt fit so i had to swap with my mum in the toilets. If anyone noticed I cant believe what they must've thought but we just found it hilarious! Heels really slow you down, it was pretty difficult trying to keep up with everyone on the tour - i felt pretty silly :colondollar:
That would be great to hear by friday whatever the outcome. I just want to know!
Have you heard from anywhere else? where did you apply?

lmao that wouldve been gutting! Were the questions they asked you nice? someof the girls i was talking too got asked quite tricky ones about the article and stuff?
Mine were only little lacy heels just when i walked past a ****load of med students i was like 'omg dont make a fool of yourself and fall over or something'. i didnt though :biggrin: yesssaa
One rejection from aberdeen, nothing from cardiff, interviewed at St.A & Leicester and havent heard back from leicester yet, you? :smile:
lmao that wouldve been gutting! Were the questions they asked you nice? someof the girls i was talking too got asked quite tricky ones about the article and stuff?
Mine were only little lacy heels just when i walked past a ****load of med students i was like 'omg dont make a fool of yourself and fall over or something'. i didnt though :biggrin: yesssaa
One rejection from aberdeen, nothing from cardiff, interviewed at St.A & Leicester and havent heard back from leicester yet, you? :smile:

I dont think the questions were too bad, the just kept on asking me how what i wrote in my ps would relate to being a doctor. It ended up being quite repetitive.
Can you imagine how embarrassing it'd be if you had? Dont think i'd be able to cope lol
Rejection from aberdeen and edinburgh, interview from st andrews and unconditional from dundee :smile:
Reply 1772
Original post by Chivalry
Firmed St Andrews :P Was the logical choice for me between St Andys and Dundee anyway. Loved ST Andrews when I was there.

iv to choose betweens St Andrews and Barts and the London...:s-smilie:
Reply 1773
Original post by tikey
iv to choose betweens St Andrews and Barts and the London...:s-smilie:

The Amateur Transplants will help you with this:

1:57 onwards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkOUuJptl1c
Reply 1774
Original post by Chivalry
The Amateur Transplants will help you with this:

1:57 onwards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkOUuJptl1c

hahaha that is legendary lol think im gona firm st andrews and use barts as my back up :smile:
I dont think the questions were too bad, the just kept on asking me how what i wrote in my ps would relate to being a doctor. It ended up being quite repetitive.
Can you imagine how embarrassing it'd be if you had? Dont think i'd be able to cope lol
Rejection from aberdeen and edinburgh, interview from st andrews and unconditional from dundee :smile:

god if i hadve i just wouldve lauhged at myself outloud, stop, then carry on as if nothing happened
congratulations on dundee!! which are you gna firm if you get offers from both?
i see we seem to dominate the st andrews thread these days. lmao.
god if i hadve i just wouldve lauhged at myself outloud, stop, then carry on as if nothing happened
congratulations on dundee!! which are you gna firm if you get offers from both?
i see we seem to dominate the st andrews thread these days. lmao.

Thanks! I've been trying to think about which one i'd choose but I think it's going to have to be a pros and cons list effort. We'll see. Is St Andrews your first choice?
Yeah LOL no one else seems to be talking on this. Atleast until tomorrow when more offers may be coming out..:eek:
Thanks! I've been trying to think about which one i'd choose but I think it's going to have to be a pros and cons list effort. We'll see. Is St Andrews your first choice?
Yeah LOL no one else seems to be talking on this. Atleast until tomorrow when more offers may be coming out..:eek:

Whew Wut?! How could more offers come out I wouldve thought it'd take ages to like process the scores and stuff? I think we'll be probably hear at some point this week, St. a is my first choice and I keep having dreams of getting in and nightmares of getting rejected xD

Applying for medicine has turned me really sad.
:h:
Hurry up st andys! I go back on nightshift tonight and don't want to spend the next three days awake refreshing track instead of sleeping! Come on!!
Reply 1779
Nobody heard anything today then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending