The Student Room Group

Fully Booked Med Open Day

I was looking about University websites this morning so I could write in my diary when their open days for 2012-entry applicants are and I noticed that one of my top choice uni's open day is completely booked ... and it's not until September!

I was really disappointed but I've learnt my lesson and booked on to all the other ones already! I was wondering if it was worth my while sending them an email asking if there will be any other opportunities to visit the medical school before UCAS deadline in hope that they say "You can just come along on that one!" (which I know is a long shot!)

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Go for it! What have you got to lose?

If I'm honest, it is not hard to just turn up and have a stroll around, ask students about the courses, about accomodation etc.. just jump on the back of a campus tour and they'll never know! :awesome: :ninja:
Reply 2
which med school is this?
Reply 3
yeah just turn up.

and head for the sandwiches first if they are provided.
Reply 4
Original post by Gizmo!
yeah just turn up.

Here here.

I like Oxford open days the best. They provide a full 3-course lunch! :drool:
Reply 5
Original post by Gizmo!
yeah just turn up.

:absinth:
loool. Agreed. (:
Reply 6
Original post by Beska
Here here.

and a half price ye olde college room for the night! take full adv of them Beska, cos there'll come a day when you cant pass for a 19 year old anymore.

triangulating an open day free lunch with an event or a gig in oxford, a shopping day out and a meetup with an old pal and a hired bike ride over Cumnor hill....ahhh...blissful days.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Gizmo!
and a half price ye olde college room for the night! take full adv of them Beska, cos there'll come a day when you cant pass for a 19 year old anymore.

triangulating an open day free lunch with a ride through the hills, an event or a gig in oxford, a shopping day out and a meetup with an old pal....ahhh...blissful days.

They provided rooms?! ****, I paid for a hotel. I genuinely feel wounded...
It's ok, tis not the end of the world. If you get an interview at the med school, they'll most likely offer a tour on the day anyway. :smile:
If you want to look at it beforehand, September still isn't too late! That's when a lot of people do choose to go.
Reply 9
Original post by Beska
They provided rooms?! ****, I paid for a hotel. I genuinely feel wounded...

ahh, only some of the colleges do, Beska. not necessarily the crappy ones either, from what I remember.

i just told them I had come from india and needed some digs after the trip (i understand u'd never pass for an indian but you could always pretend to be a Pole, macca).
Reply 10
Original post by Gizmo!
ahh, only some of the colleges do, Beska. not necessarily the crappy ones either, from what I remember.

i just told them I had come from india and needed some digs after the trip (i understand u'd never pass for an indian but you could always pretend to be a Pole, macca).

Pretend to be a pole with a name like Beska? No pretending needed.... :wink:
Original post by Beska
Here here.

Is there anyway I can get in on this if I'm not wanting to study at Oxford and have ****e grades? :teeth:
Reply 12
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Is there anyway I can get in on this if I'm not wanting to study at Oxford and have ****e grades? :teeth:

You could pretend. :colone:
Original post by Gizmo!
yeah just turn up.

Sadly won't work at RFUCMS, Gizmo me old macca :wink:

Unless they've upped their hospitality in the past 5 years :awesome:
Reply 14
Original post by Democracy
Sadly won't work at RFUCMS, Gizmo me old macca :wink:

Unless they've upped their hospitality in the past 5 years :awesome:
i'll accept thata a challenge, macca. whens the next one?
Original post by Gizmo!
i'll accept thata a challenge, macca. whens the next one?

No idea tbh.

Mind you the fit med student took us to Subway, so it wasn't a total loss :grin:
Reply 16
Original post by kiss_me_now9
is actually good fun pretending. Maintaining an indian accent on the phone was the hardest thing about it, I wanted to laugh the whole way thru.
Reply 17
Original post by Democracy
No idea tbh.

Mind you the fit med student took us to Subway, so it wasn't a total loss :grin:

31st March. See u there, macca.
I'm not going to lie, the free Subway on the open day AND in welcome week was a massive incentive to go to Bangor. :ninja:
Original post by joshuaC
I was looking about University websites this morning so I could write in my diary when their open days for 2012-entry applicants are and I noticed that one of my top choice uni's open day is completely booked ... and it's not until September!

I was really disappointed but I've learnt my lesson and booked on to all the other ones already! I was wondering if it was worth my while sending them an email asking if there will be any other opportunities to visit the medical school before UCAS deadline in hope that they say "You can just come along on that one!" (which I know is a long shot!)

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Which Uni's open day is fully booked??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending