The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by shaz111
Without a shadow of a doubt its gotta be Newcastle, damn finest party city in this whole damn country, also its soooooo freaking cheap, there are bars in newcastle that give out 3 treble's and mixers for a fiver (9 shots!!).

Kings you will spend your life poor and depressed living in the **** hole that is London.

And whoever said GKT has a better rep than Newcastle...go fudge yourself.

You're saying London is a ****hole compared to Newcastle?!?! Are you outta your goddamn mind?!?! :eek:
Reply 21
Original post by therealOG
You're saying London is a ****hole compared to Newcastle?!?! Are you outta your goddamn mind?!?! :eek:

:wink: it truly is

PS people who think KCL is godly should stick the reputation up their :redface:

Oh and you really cant judge both cities/universities without actually visiting BOTH (which you havent for sure :wink: )
Reply 22
Have you visited both yet? I would go and do that and then decide. It's gonna be 5 years of your uni FFS. Maybe even more... :moon:
Reply 23
Original post by Ligamentia
:wink: it truly is

PS people who think KCL is godly should stick the reputation up their :redface:

Oh and you really cant judge both cities/universities without actually visiting BOTH (which you havent for sure :wink: )

I actually have. And London is by far the better city. No question about it.

And I never said KCL is godly.
Reply 24
considering you arent even a medical applicant, yet alone a med student how about getting the f out ? :wink:

once again unless you have some kind of experience with both med schools (which you dont) you cant really judge them

the ironic thing is you're just some school kid finishing their alevels without a clue :biggrin:

let me reiterate NCL for sure
Reply 25
Original post by Ligamentia
The "overall" reputation thing is bull****, KCL isnt better than NC in any way

But obviously people here are a little biased towards their school/first choice :wink:

:dunce:
Reply 26
Weather in London is nicer? :borat:
Reply 27
:facepalm2: kids

to the OP just look at each course structure/location etc, dont base your choice on reputation
Original post by shaz111
Without a shadow of a doubt its gotta be Newcastle, damn finest party city in this whole damn country, also its soooooo freaking cheap, there are bars in newcastle that give out 3 treble's and mixers for a fiver (9 shots!!).

Kings you will spend your life poor and depressed living in the **** hole that is London.

And whoever said GKT has a better rep than Newcastle...go fudge yourself.

Which bar is this?? Getting myself there next week like
Agree with everything that's said.

OP Geordie's are mint. Sure we talk like *****, but we sure do love vodka.
OP you'll have a good time wherever you go, just decide whether partying/cost/type of city/travel/course struc is most important and go with which has the best for that

Wor big market is lethal for a night out though :wink:
Reply 30
Original post by Tetanus
Weather in London is nicer? :borat:

:rolleyes: darn kids
King's. :gah:

Although, your answer is whichever you prefer.
Reply 32
Well you're wrong there.

what are they wrong about? Repuation doesn't matter in medicine for numerous resons - university blinded for job apps, gmc regulation and so forth.

If you insisit to go on rep then Newcastle has a fantastic repuatation in medical science.
Reply 33
One thing for kings is that they have amazing exchange programmes like the erasamus scheme but also you can go to asutralia or America (John Hopkins).

But if you not bothered by that kinda stuff ^^^ then I think Newcastle would be a better experience especially nightlife wise because nothing is truly easily accessible in London ... always have to spend half an hour travelling.
Reply 34
Original post by Organ
what are they wrong about? Repuation doesn't matter in medicine for numerous resons - university blinded for job apps, gmc regulation and so forth.

If you insisit to go on rep then Newcastle has a fantastic repuatation in medical science.

I already acknowledged that uni reputation doesn't matter for Medicine, read my previous posts. And when I was talking about Kings having a better reputation than Newcastle I was referring to overall reputation (both domestically and internationally).
Reply 35
at least half an hour :biggrin: plus the ridiculously high rent, living expenses etc (which 17-18 year olds still living with their parents have yet to find out about)

although kings does have a pretty nice erasmus scheme, only the really wealthy can afford it tbh
Reply 36
Original post by laurenl93

Try Chase, or Basement! Helluva night out guaranteed :biggrin:

Newcastle is one of the finest cities, and has one of the best medical schools in country.

GKT is so so, and London is dumpy, over-crowded, and full of boring and unfriendly people i.e. ****hole
(edited 13 years ago)
:biggrin:
Original post by shaz111
Try Chase, or Basement! Helluva night out guaranteed :biggrin:

Newcastle is one of the finest cities, and has one of the best medical schools in country.

GKT is so so, and London is dumpy, over-crowded, and full of boring and unfriendly people i.e. ****hole

But basement is full of underage gimps :frown: Is chase in The Gate 'cus I never go there?
Totally starting in basement if the shots are a fiver though, i can bear being surrounded by 14 yr olds for20mins for cheap vodka

Lmao your thing about london is clearly true. Newcastle > London
If i remember ill give you some rep tomorrow
Reply 38
Original post by laurenl93

Gotham does cheap trebles aswell
Reply 39
Original post by shaz111

Seeing as you're generalising: In Newcastle the weather is crap all year round, it is full of trampy slags, fat half-naked old men and unemployed violent chavs, you can't understand a word anyone says due to their ridiculous accent, and you're hundred of miles away from anything mildly influencial in worldly current affairs.

London on the other hand is home to the most diverse, exciting and intelligent collection of people in the country, it is one of the financial and cultural capitals of the world with endless events, attractions and opportunities. KCL is respected worldwide, and this is helped by the fact that it is a member of the University of London. Newcastle uni however.....:/

Latest

Trending

Trending