The Student Room Group

Is the game being upped?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Gizmo!
Given adequate preparation, i dont think its difficult to top full or near full marks with the questions set these days. nearly all of them questions originate from a past paper question. Its a grind t ocover it and you need to work flat out in the exam, but its certainly within the reach of most people to carry out all that with thje right motivation.

No, but my point is, with the A* grade you do all those things anyway and something silly happens on the day (e.g. I lost marks on a biology question for not using the example that was on the mark scheme, but my example was 100% correct :indiff:) and since A -> A* is such a tiny, tiny margin there's really no room for error and even if you're perfectly well read you can slip up. Very unpredictable grade, imo.
Reply 21
Original post by Beska
No, but my point is, with the A* grade you do all those things anyway and something silly happens on the day (e.g. I lost marks on a biology question for not using the example that was on the mark scheme, but my example was 100% correct :indiff:) and since A -> A* is such a tiny, tiny margin there's really no room for error and even if you're perfectly well read you can slip up. Very unpredictable grade, imo.
perhaps you are overrating the difficulty of the exam. Thats common amongst applicants, and you should I hope be pleasantly suprised with the outcome in August.

Are you going Castle Sleazes or Ricky Road?
Reply 22
Original post by Gizmo!
perhaps you are overrating the difficulty of the exam. Thats common amongst applicants, and you should I hope be pleasantly suprised with the outcome in August.

Are you going Castle Sleazes or Ricky Road?

Pretty sure I'm not, since I've sat it, got the A*, and had a look through my paper. :wink:

Castle Court. :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Beska
Pretty sure I'm not, since I've sat it, got the A*, and had a look through my paper. :wink:

Castle Court. :smile:

the modern digs. i've done one of them and they are lovely, with a real close knit feel in the living room (as long as you dont get a burk moving in with you).

those bedrooms look huge!
Reply 24
Original post by Gizmo!
the modern digs. i've done one of them and they are lovely, with a real close knit feel in the living room (as long as you dont get a burk moving in with you).

those bedrooms look huge!

Yeh - really close to the med school too! The living room looks brill.

I've gone for a double bed as well! :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending