The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
is this job really worth spending your first sunny saturday in the library?

should have embraced my inner geek and done compsci - but then I'd never have seen the sun
Original post by buzzcat

should have embraced my inner geek and done compsci - but then I'd never have seen the sun

Hahah I'm about to suffer that too
Reply 2062
I just left the hospital library. Is such a nice day. But finals are looming....
Original post by buzzcat

I should have been a vet - then i would have had plenty of time in the sunshine. Admittedly probably with my arm up a cows backside. How could you explain the suntan discrepancy on that one?
Reply 2064
I have red hair
:biggrin:
Reply 2065
Original post by Jessaay!
I really want to dye my hair red but don't think it would suit me :frown:

I need to do something new with my hair though. I'm bored.

Your hair is quite dark isn't it? so you'd have to strip it to get it properly red.

Mine was blonde so it took quite well

Not a huge fan of the colour, and not as RED as I wanted it to be, but because I was blonde before it will fade quite quickly then I'll do it BRIGHTER red.
Original post by fairy spangles
I should have been a vet - then i would have had plenty of time in the sunshine. Admittedly probably with my arm up a cows backside. How could you explain the suntan discrepancy on that one?

I heard they can have a quite intense course, more so than medicine, even involving summer lectures/work :s-smilie:

could be BS though :tongue:
Original post by lekky

Mine was blonde so it took quite well.

:coma:

JordanCarroll
Vet ****

This vet stuff is true, it's ****in tough to get into and they have to spend every summer flogging around on a farm learning 'husbandry' (i.e. running after a sheep trying to manhandle it into a cage) or doing their equiv of firms over the summer!
Original post by digitalis
:coma:

This vet stuff is true, it's ****in tough to get into and they have to spend every summer flogging around on a farm learning 'husbandry' (i.e. running after a sheep trying to manhandle it into a cage) or doing their equiv of firms over the summer!

Yup it's true.

My vet friend is always away and always busy - more so than people in clinics.
Original post by lekky
Your hair is quite dark isn't it? so you'd have to strip it to get it properly red.

Mine was blonde so it took quite well

Not a huge fan of the colour, and not as RED as I wanted it to be, but because I was blonde before it will fade quite quickly then I'll do it BRIGHTER red.

It's a lightish-mid brown colour (depending on the season, the sun bleaches my hair a LOT so currently, even though the sun isn't that bright, it's lighter brown than usual) but I kind of want a reddy brown colour. Maybe some other time though :p:
the sun bleaches my hair a LOT

:thumbsup:
Original post by buzzcat

This was the first day in a while I've been happy to be a rower. awesome weather for a race (lot of pain now though).

I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or not :p:
Reply 2073
This was the first day in a while I've been happy to be a rower. awesome weather for a race (lot of pain now though).

haha I wouldn't even dip my elbow into the thames to test the temperature! but I can imagine you'd feel great afterwards..

this was me after my first day of squats and weighted lunges. trying to walk down the stairs was a good giggle - tiger balm is wicked stuff for muscle pain
Reply 2074
I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or not :p:

he like you!

pause

nat
Original post by buzzcat
haha I wouldn't even dip my elbow into the thames to test the temperature! but I can imagine you'd feel great afterwards..

this was me after my first day of squats and weighted lunges. trying to walk down the stairs was a good giggle - tiger balm is wicked stuff for muscle pain

I don't get aches too badly anymore, even after weights/the gym in general.After a while you get used to it I guess/ I think it's just the standard post-exercise stiffness I have now, I was freezing when I went outside and I still am, I was violently shivering for a long time after the race just cos of the muscle thing.

The thames does get cold indeed and I've had some nasty infected cuts from it but it's just a case of blocking out what kind of bacteria it could possibly be and where it's from and keeping an eye out for any illness. A guy died a few months ago after getting bacteria in a wound during rowing (nobody I would know but we're all warned about it). Bad times indeed. Worst is when you get it in your mouth :frown:
Original post by buzzcat
he like you!

pause

nat

I've never seen Borat, on that note.
Reply 2077
Can anyone access any of these?
The physically disabled physician. JAMA (Chicago, Ill.) [0098-7484] Wainapel yr:1987 vol:257 iss:21 pg:2935 -2938
Physical Disabilities and the Study and Practice of Medicine JAMA. 1987;257(21):2956-2957.
The physically disabled medical student.Stiens S. Int Disabil Stud. 1987;9(3):140-1.
Physical disability among physicians: An analysis of 259 cases. Stanley F. Wainapel. Disability & Rehabilitation. 1987, Vol. 9, No. 3 : Pages 138-140

Sorry, all I seem to post in here at the moment is requests for help :o: As soon as I get through finals, I'll start being more sociable again!
Reply 2078

do you really like blonde hair lol?

tbf, i do think blonde looked good on me
I like to think (might be entirely delusional) that I'm one of those people that can pull of brunette and blonde and red-head

I just get bored easily :smile:

No doubt I'll be blonde again by about mid-summer!

OH and I'm meeting Fission_Mailed tonight. exciting times.. on that note I best get back to responsibly looking after my liver :wink:
Reply 2079
I've never seen Borat, on that note.

Get it done!

Latest

Trending

Trending