The Student Room Group

Do you guys Facebook stalk the girls you like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by MikeW975
I'm wasn't bothered about the girl having drunken pictures on facebook, I myself have drunken pictures on facebook. What I saw on her statuses and facebook page led me to believe she slept around or was one of those girls you see in town on a Friday or Saturday night drunk and throwing themselves at anything with a pulse.

That is what put me off her, similar to the guy you mentioned.

Can I ask what the photos looked like? Just curious :biggrin: Have any examples? :ninja:
I don't think I am in the risk-group here, don't have many photos, a couple with guys, but they are quite decent. One where I am hugging a guy, but it reminds me of the evening, so I think it is nice to keep. I suppose a future love interest could feel threatened, but we all have previous partners, and there is no hiding it.
Reply 61
i take out the middle man, and stalk that ass day and night.
Reply 62
Original post by *Lollo*
Can I ask what the photos looked like? Just curious :biggrin: Have any examples? :ninja:
I don't think I am in the risk-group here, don't have many photos, a couple with guys, but they are quite decent. One where I am hugging a guy, but it reminds me of the evening, so I think it is nice to keep. I suppose a future love interest could feel threatened, but we all have previous partners, and there is no hiding it.

Well one of her statuses and replies went something along the lines of;

Her: "Feeling like crap... Great night though!"
Her friend replied: "Did you take him home?"
Her: ":wink:"
Her friend replied: "Lucky you :P"

That was just one of the statuses she had posted after a night out. So, to me that isn't really the kind of girl I want. As for pictures, well there wasn't anything wrong - unless you class her and another girl kissing as wrong lol - it was just the status posts and subsequent replies that were off-putting.
Original post by Yawn11
I try to avoid their profiles tbh

This.

That was just one of the statuses she had posted after a night out. So, to me that isn't really the kind of girl I want. As for pictures, well there wasn't anything wrong - unless you class her and another girl kissing as wrong lol - it was just the status posts and subsequent replies that were off-putting.

I understand completely. But just out of curiosity, if the status updates were about you, would you have been put off about the type of girl she is? I'm just asking because I would not have.
Original post by GPH92
i take out the middle man, and stalk that ass day and night.

Now this is what I'm talking about:colone:
Reply 66
Well one of her statuses and replies went something along the lines of;

Her: "Feeling like crap... Great night though!"
Her friend replied: "Did you take him home?"
Her: ":wink:"
Her friend replied: "Lucky you :P"

Obvious status update is obvious.
I have seen something similar before. It is pathetic for both men and women. And from a girl's perspective, I can say they were probably sitting next to each other and writing this, she wanted people to know / someone to be jealous. Which makes it even more sad.
Reply 67
Everyone stalks! That's the whole point of facebook. I don't do it obsessively mind but there are a few people I like to have a nosey now and then to see what they're up to.

There's also what was said above about seeing how compatible you could potentially be with someone. I do get paranoid though, knowing things about them when they may or may not know much about me! It just feels wrong :frown:
Reply 68
Original post by Jepira4661
I understand completely. But just out of curiosity, if the status updates were about you, would you have been put off about the type of girl she is? I'm just asking because I would not have.

Well I can't really answer that question because I don't have, or want one night stands. It isn't my way. But if we were dating and she put that type of status, well, it wouldn't put me off her, but it would make me curious why she would want to post on facebook that we had sex...

I guess I shouldn't be overly critical of the girl's lifestyle choices, but it didn't appeal to me that she was clearly having a few one night stands here and there. Then again, I am known to be picky when it comes to girls :biggrin:
Well I can't really answer that question because I don't have, or want one night stands. It isn't my way. But if we were dating and she put that type of status, well, it wouldn't put me off her, but it would make me curious why she would want to post on facebook that we had sex...

I guess I shouldn't be overly critical of the girl's lifestyle choices, but it didn't appeal to me that she was clearly having a few one night stands here and there. Then again, I am known to be picky when it comes to girls :biggrin:

Fair do's.
Original post by Dekota-XS
Get a life.

I must agree on this point.
Reply 71
Original post by Anonymous
Would you not want to find out more about her? Although I suppose a profile only tells you so much and it depends how well you already know her...

Well yeah obviously I would, but I hate facebook stalking, i feel as if i'm literally staring through that person's bedroom window, so unless it's a really good mate, i don't go on people's profiles.
Reply 72
Aye, I do.

Well, not stalk, I dont sit obsessively pressing f5 hoping for an update. I'll check it out now and again.
Original post by CountDuckula
Haha guilty :smile: Nearly died when I was invited to add the 'who's been looking at your profile' app. Hopefully no one I know will be that curious :tongue:

And how are you aure that apps like that are genuine and accurate and not a complete hoax?
I don't really, there's only a few girls I look at but tbh it's quite boring and there's never any "holiday" pics:ninja: so whats the point! I have the whole internet at my disposal.:ninja::sexface:
Not particularly. I might have done something like that when I was young and infatuated and a bit innocent.

In any case, it's pretty obvious that there are far more people trying to exhibit themselves via facebook than people actually out there to stalk you. Being the victim of extreme stalkerish behaviour is very scary for anyone but most of the people I know who claim to be stalked are exactly the type putting every detail about themselves, trying to make their boring lives seem interesting and get attention.
Original post by MagicNMedicine

Original post by MagicNMedicine
I have stalked girls who I've just met and had a bit of chemistry with, and am wondering whether to go out with them or not, thats a bit of facebook research really. In one case, I actually went off a girl who I had liked in person, because she seemed to post too many statuses on facebook, and had made 'notes' of all of those "answer 20 questions about yourself". I decided from that that she wasn't cool enough for me.

However if it's somebody I'm interested in, that isn't interested in me back, I will keep her on facebook but I block her statuses/photo updates etc from coming up on my news feed.

You just see things that make you feel jealous, even if it's fairly innocuous, eg seeing the girl in photos with a good looking guy, or seeing some new guy she has befriended starting posting on her wall with winks at the end of the message etc, and wondering if something is going on between them.

Then if she does go from being single to 'in a relationship' but doesn't say who with, you wonder is it for real, is it a joke, who is it with? Then her female friends all 'like' the status and write stuff like "oooh am I missin somethin? do tell xxx". You just think DIE DIE DIE.

The problem with facebook stalking is people think that its fun and think they are enjoying the power of being able to surreptitiously snoop on the object of their desire's profile, in reality you aren't seeing anything that they haven't allowed to be publicly viewable anyway, and if its stalking based on fancying someone who you're never going to go out with, then its just torturing yourself. It makes the process of getting over somebody a lot longer and more drawn out if you are stalking them, and you risk falling into relapse if you've got over them, and then 6 months later, their status goes to in a relationship and it makes you feel bad again.

This.

I get jealous very easily and I overthink too much.
The only thing that's keeping me on fb is the chat thingy because that's where I communicate with my special friends.
Nah. Maybe once a month or so if i'm bored i might peruse their profile and photos, but i do that randomly to people anyway.
Reply 78
Knowledge is power, grasshopper. :colondollar:
Come to think of it, with more users becoming aware of privacy issue, isn't it becoming more difficult to look at (never mind "stalk") pictures and other info on profiles of people not on your friends list anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending