This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

-

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bella Occhi
ah

Do you have a source for this though?
Reply 41
Would you rather they suffered a long and agonising death starving on the streets because there isn't room to home them all?
Original post by No Future
Just massive facepalm.

I am aware that Chairman Mao was Chinese. Lighten up.
Reply 43
Why are you all saying "oh it doesn't matter about animals when people are starving"? In the words of Robert Louis Stevenson; 'You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us'. Poor animals. :sad:
Original post by Bella Occhi
Edit: Never mind, since I got so much hate for trying to prevent yet more lives being lost by the tsunami. Sorry for caring. :indiff:

Oh don't be like that. I'm glad someone cares about the pets. :hugs:
I know it's a difficult situation, but it is a horrible one.
I'm going to sign the petition anyway.
:| Thank you for posting the petition link.
Reply 45
Original post by .Ali.
Why are you all saying "oh it doesn't matter about animals when people are starving"? In the words of Robert Louis Stevenson; 'You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us'. Poor animals. :sad:

I may have misunderstood for which I apologise but are you trying to say that the animals are more important in a time like this for Japan?
Reply 46
Original post by djikstra
I may have misunderstood for which I apologise but are you trying to say that the animals are more important in a time like this for Japan?

No more important, as Japan is going through an awful time. I'm just suggesting that people need to stop thinking "oh they're just animals" and realise that they're actually living creatures too...think about it, animals never hurt anyone unless they're frightened or hunting for food. Humans kill eachother for pleasure, bully one another, torment and abuse others...and yet we value our own 'superior' race above animals. I just think more thought should be given to the animals and you should at least try to help them, instead of just killing them.

I'm aware this post may make me sound like a very naive, soppy idealist. I'm not usually like that with many issues, I just feel strongly about animals.
Reply 47
Original post by MrsCrackFox
Oh don't be like that. I'm glad someone cares about the pets. :hugs:
I know it's a difficult situation, but it is a horrible one.
I'm going to sign the petition anyway.
:| Thank you for posting the petition link.

Someone with a heart, I've signed it too. :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by .Ali.
No more important, as Japan is going through an awful time. I'm just suggesting that people need to stop thinking "oh they're just animals" and realise that they're actually living creatures too...think about it, animals never hurt anyone unless they're frightened or hunting for food. Humans kill eachother for pleasure, bully one another, torment and abuse others...and yet we value our own 'superior' race above animals. I just think more thought should be given to the animals and you should at least try to help them, instead of just killing them.

I'm aware this post may make me sound like a very naive, soppy idealist. I'm not usually like that with many issues, I just feel strongly about animals.

Thanks for the clarification.
Original post by SteveCrain
Why would they gas them? Surely it would make it dangerous to eat the dogs then :s-smilie:

The Japanese don't eat dogs. How ignorant.
Baka...
Reply 50
Can't find a single reputable source to suggest this is true.
Reply 51
Original post by Sabrinified
The Japanese don't eat dogs. How ignorant.
Baka...

it was a joke you ****in si

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4m4wbYc08k
Reply 52

Well if you're going to make a joke at least get the country right, it just makes you look more like an idiot.
Reply 53
Don't Japanese people keep Pokemon as pets?

Please don't tell me they're going to gas the Pokemon.

:frown:
Reply 54
Original post by bear54
Well if you're going to make a joke at least get the country right, it just makes you look more like an idiot.

Gee wizz.

Are facts not ever bended to allow for jokes, are stereotypes- far easterners- not ever maintained?
Where has the OP gone???? This is a debacle!!
Reply 56
Original post by sherlllll
Don't Japanese people keep Pokemon as pets?

Please don't tell me they're going to gas the Pokemon.

:frown:

LOL :five: Make sure you catch 'em all then.
(edited 13 years ago)
Gee wizz.

Are facts not ever bended to allow for jokes, are stereotypes- far easterners- not ever maintained?

So not only are you ignorant, you're also insensitive.
Gee wizz.

But Japanese are not Chinese, so it's a non funny joke.
Original post by No Future
But Japanese are not Chinese, so it's a non funny joke.

not to mention it's very rare for Chinese people to actually eat dogs

Latest