The Student Room Group

Macdonalds application.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by tish64
Aww welldone! :smile: did you get the job? and when you got the interview did your application status change? I really need a job :frown:

Thanks, but its not really considered something THAT big to get a job at McDonalds. But I myself struggled for months until I got this, so was extremely thankful for it. Ermm, the status didn't change on the website, but I was just called up for an interview. They might send you an email where you could schedule your interview.

Just keep applying everyday. If you get rejected, apply again. This way they will know you are really serious about it. And yeah one more thing: When you are filling out those 'agree' 'disagree' questions, just write all your answers on a sheet of paper (1=strongly disagree, 5=strongly agree...) and just keep choosing the same answer everytime. This will save you time when reapplying (you won't have to read every question everytime). I did it and managed to apply for a place within 2-3 minutes or so.

Hope you get one soon. And one tip: If you don't mind working as a street fundraiser, you can easily find jobs in that sector. They pay you normally £7.50 an hour. I did that, but left it because I didn't like being ignored by the entire public. But if you like that, just go for that as well.

Hope it helps. :smile:
cool ive been working there for over a year nw and it took about 1 month to reply if u get the interview stage u definately guaranteed the job providing u dont turn up as 1 person on his interview when asked why do u wanna work here they said cos its easy and he got the job
Reply 22
Original post by dobbys sock
I don't think she really wants one. She's decided to do another course at college taking up another 2 years and she's expecting my dad to pay for everything. Sad thing is, he probably will to avoid a temper tantrum.

I hope you get a job soon, I know how much it sucks being unemployed. :frown:

Mmm.. Aww poor dad! He sounds kind though..
And thank you i know :frown::frown:
Reply 23
I got rejected the next day xD
Reply 24
Original post by hasan4life
cool ive been working there for over a year nw and it took about 1 month to reply if u get the interview stage u definately guaranteed the job providing u dont turn up as 1 person on his interview when asked why do u wanna work here they said cos its easy and he got the job

Really? I wonder why it varies.. As if?! lol i don't wanna be too hopeful though.. Just incase I'm unsuccessful.. I don't wanna get my hopes up even if what you said does sound promising thank you :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by riotgrrl
I got rejected the next day xD

:O:O which McDonalds did u apply to??
I got a call almost 30 minutes of handing it in and asked to attend a group interview. Which basically had about 10 people there split into 2-3 groups, got asked how we would handle certain situations. Me and one other was given a position at the restaurant :/ they have high standards yet go through staff like they are water. plus the pay was quite attrocious(sp?)
Reply 27
Original post by tish64
:O:O which McDonalds did u apply to??

Epsom. I think I must have accidentally ticked the box that says "I am actually a serial killer and plan to make my victims into chicken mcnuggets" or something. I got rejected from Pizza Hut too, although at least they took a little bit of time about it! :tongue:

Epsom. I think I must have accidentally ticked the box that says "I am actually a serial killer and plan to make my victims into chicken mcnuggets" or something. I got rejected from Pizza Hut too, although at least they took a little bit of time about it! :tongue:

The funniest job I got rejected for was Asda, they sent a letter to me saying I had not sufficiently passed their personality test. I laughed
Reply 29
Original post by muffingg
Thanks, but its not really considered something THAT big to get a job at McDonalds. But I myself struggled for months until I got this, so was extremely thankful for it. Ermm, the status didn't change on the website, but I was just called up for an interview. They might send you an email where you could schedule your interview.

Just keep applying everyday. If you get rejected, apply again. This way they will know you are really serious about it. And yeah one more thing: When you are filling out those 'agree' 'disagree' questions, just write all your answers on a sheet of paper (1=strongly disagree, 5=strongly agree...) and just keep choosing the same answer everytime. This will save you time when reapplying (you won't have to read every question everytime). I did it and managed to apply for a place within 2-3 minutes or so.

Hope you get one soon. And one tip: If you don't mind working as a street fundraiser, you can easily find jobs in that sector. They pay you normally £7.50 an hour. I did that, but left it because I didn't like being ignored by the entire public. But if you like that, just go for that as well.

Hope it helps. :smile:

Yeahh thats the same with me :smile: any job would make me happy! i've tried and failed soo many times.. It's hurtful :frown:
Ohh Ok then :smile:
Aww ok thank you for your advice :smile:
£7.50 an hour! that's really good that! Yeah.. Thats the thing with that job i dont like rejection :frown: i've handed flyers out before and people wouldnt takje them.. It would hurt me lol it gets to me :frown: (sounds kinda sad lool but it does) Do you have to meet certain targets though? Or isit the pay just like a normal job - thank you.
:smile:
Reply 30
Original post by thru sun and rain
The funniest job I got rejected for was Asda, they sent a letter to me saying I had not sufficiently passed their personality test. I laughed

Really? Personality test? That is wierd..
Reply 31

Yep because it shows that they've at least thought about employing you :smile:
Yeah i applied to pizza hut once and got rejected aswell! it really shatters your confidence :frown:
Reply 32
I got a call almost 30 minutes of handing it in and asked to attend a group interview. Which basically had about 10 people there split into 2-3 groups, got asked how we would handle certain situations. Me and one other was given a position at the restaurant :/ they have high standards yet go through staff like they are water. plus the pay was quite attrocious(sp?)

Oh.. Did you take it into macdonalds as opposed to doing it online? Whereabouts in the UK is that macdonalds? Aww gosh.. So you're not there anymore then?
Reply 33
The best thing to do is go to the store you wana work at, and ask them if they are taking people, if there are any vacancies, this will make everything easier and better, instead of waiting and not knowing the outcome. :wink:
Reply 34
Original post by tish64
Yeahh thats the same with me :smile: any job would make me happy! i've tried and failed soo many times.. It's hurtful :frown:
Ohh Ok then :smile:
Aww ok thank you for your advice :smile:
£7.50 an hour! that's really good that! Yeah.. Thats the thing with that job i dont like rejection :frown: i've handed flyers out before and people wouldnt takje them.. It would hurt me lol it gets to me :frown: (sounds kinda sad lool but it does) Do you have to meet certain targets though? Or isit the pay just like a normal job - thank you.
:smile:

I did it for a fundraising company called Real Fundraising and it was extremely easy to get the job. Just applied and was invited to an interview 2 days later. The interview, I was so sure I messed up, but still was taken.

Regarding targets: You don't need to meet any targets actually. They could however kick you out should you not work good enough, I believe you would have to PROPERLY mess up to get there though. They paid me £7.50 and it was like you get £10 for 3 or more signings a day and £20 for 4, £30 for 5 or something like that. Don't quite remember it though.

So, its like a fixed pay of £7.50 an hour + 'performance based' (they don't like to call it commission because apparently all the donated money goes to charity, don't know how).

Anyway, I wouldn't do that job though to be honest. You need to get people to give you their bank details and everything. So you need to be very persuasive and strong in convincing.
Reply 35
I did it for a fundraising company called Real Fundraising and it was extremely easy to get the job. Just applied and was invited to an interview 2 days later. The interview, I was so sure I messed up, but still was taken.

Regarding targets: You don't need to meet any targets actually. They could however kick you out should you not work good enough, I believe you would have to PROPERLY mess up to get there though. They paid me £7.50 and it was like you get £10 for 3 or more signings a day and £20 for 4, £30 for 5 or something like that. Don't quite remember it though.

So, its like a fixed pay of £7.50 an hour + 'performance based' (they don't like to call it commission because apparently all the donated money goes to charity, don't know how).

Anyway, I wouldn't do that job though to be honest. You need to get people to give you their bank details and everything. So you need to be very persuasive and strong in convincing.

That's good pay actually! :smile: Yeah you would have to be very persuasive to get details like that! So you wouldn't recommend it then.. This job hunting business is so hard :frown:
Reply 36
Original post by tish64
That's good pay actually! :smile: Yeah you would have to be very persuasive to get details like that! So you wouldn't recommend it then.. This job hunting business is so hard :frown:

Ermmm, try it out once for yourself. Think of it this way: Some people are doing this for 12+ years and are enjoying it. It's for a good cause after all. So whatever you like...
Original post by tish64

Original post by tish64
Oh.. Did you take it into macdonalds as opposed to doing it online? Whereabouts in the UK is that macdonalds? Aww gosh.. So you're not there anymore then?

Yeah I filled out a paper application and took it straight to the store. That was in southampton.
Reply 38
Ermmm, try it out once for yourself. Think of it this way: Some people are doing this for 12+ years and are enjoying it. It's for a good cause after all. So whatever you like...

Mmm... I suppose i could try the pay rate is quite good :smile: it's just the approaching people that bothers me, especially when they instantly walk away from you without even listening to what you have to say..
Reply 39
Yeah I filled out a paper application and took it straight to the store. That was in southampton.

as if.. did you have lots of experience beforehand then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending